Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BlackBerry Chief Calls iPhone 'Outdated'

You are just making crap up now. Using big words may impress your simple friends but it doesn't really work that well here.

Marketing raises awareness, word of mouth raises credibility, awareness and credibility create sales.
    Last edited by Moosestache; 03-19-2013 at 04:03 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Moosestache For This Useful Post:

Mohit555 (03-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Moosestache View Post
    You are just making crap up now. Using big words may impress your simple friends but it doesn't really work that well here.

Marketing raises awareness, word of mouth raises credibility, awareness and credibility create sales.
    If you say so.
    But why so angry ?

I am not angry. I call things the way I see it. Some people debate facts, some people enjoy open discussion, and some people enjoy trolling. Some trolls, usually high school kids, or people who live in their mother's basement, enjoy pretending they are smarter than the rest of us by using big words and making stuff up. You may or may not fit those descriptions, but your condescending attitude grows tiresome.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Moosestache For This Useful Post:

Mohit555 (03-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Moosestache View Post
    I am not angry. I call things the way I see it. Some people debate facts, some people enjoy open discussion, and some people enjoy trolling. Some trolls, usually high school kids, or people who live in their mother's basement, enjoy pretending they are smarter than the rest of us by using big words and making stuff up. You may or may not fit those descriptions, but your condescending attitude grows tiresome.
    Grows tiresome ?
    Why are you trying to sound like someone two generations older ?
    If you're gunna slag someone off, at least have the decency to try to be a bit entertaining - otherwise you just come off as a bit pompous.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    Did marketing make you buy an iPhone ?
    Didn't think so.
    Marketing raises credibility, word of mouth creates sales.

Screensize is undoubtedly a greater factor than OS features, but the latter is also a significant determinant.
    Please don't assume you know why I bought my iPhone or Nexus 4. Word of mouth had nothing to do with either purchase. I am usually one of the first where I live to get the new devices. My purchases are based on that products marketing and history of the company. Creating sales is a big part of marketing (not the only part but a vital one). To say marketing is just about raising credibility is ridiculous and shows how little you actually know about what it actually is. Read up: Marketing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Marketing and advertising are one of the main reasons Samsung has been so successful with their Galaxy line compared to other comparable androids like HTC one series and even the Nexus line which have shown disappointing sales in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Please don't assume you know why I bought my iPhone or Nexus 4. Word of mouth had nothing to do with either purchase. I am usually one of the first where I live to get the new devices. My purchases are based on that products marketing and history of the company. Creating sales is a big part of marketing (not the only part but a vital one). To say marketing is just about raising credibility is ridiculous and shows how little you actually know about what it actually is. Read up: Marketing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Marketing and advertising are one of the main reasons Samsung has been so successful with their Galaxy line compared to other comparable androids like HTC one series and even the Nexus line which have shown disappointing sales in comparison.
    An earnest statement I'm sure - but with the greatest disrespect, of little relevance or interest.
    Marketing might create interest, but word of mouth destroys sales - but no amount of marketing will make a success of a shi'ite product.
    And anyway, I wear a tinfoil hat most of the time.
    If you find yourself making purchases you subsequently don't understand, I suggest you wear one too ... works a treat for me.

Thanks

An earnest statement I'm sure - but with the greatest disrespect, of little relevance or interest.
    Marketing might create interest, but word of mouth destroys sales - but no amount of marketing will make a success of a shi'ite product.
    And anyway, I wear a tinfoil hat most of the time.
    If you find yourself making purchases you subsequently don't understand, I suggest you wear one too ... works a treat for me.
    I agree. Word of mouth can play a large part for some, I just think marketing does too.
    tinfoil hat you say? Can you recommend a good brand? (Here's one for your word of mouth argument lol)

As I said, denial.
    Siri is utter rubbish compared to Google/Dragon (same algorithm) voice recognition.
    Taller screen ? ... brilliant (/sarcasm off).
    4G and faster processing = the same thing faster, which is not innovation.

And with that, I think you're out of ammo - aren't you ?

I think someone needs to Google 'market share'.
    Good job ostriches like you aren't running Apple.
    You don't happen to work for Nokia, do you ?
    You talk so passionately about innovation and support an os which innovated nothing.
    Yes. U heard it. All android has over ios is customizations. And 'widgets' have been around even before your green bot was in its creator's balls.
    I agree that there hasnt been any groundbreaking innovation from apple's side in quite some time. But siri was infact revolutionary. Sure people had voice recognition before it but apple made it work. It gave us something that we cud actually use rather than just another dumb feature that your favorite os is be filled with.

It invented the retina display which other companies have JUST been able to surpass. After 3 years! Talk about slow learners! And i know this is more to do with hardware than software but its difficult to segregate the two when talking abt a company like apple.

So what if it hasnt inovated anything big in the last couple of months which might extend to a year or two.. None of the other companies have either. Its because technology slowly reaches its capacity. Sure the existing technology will expand in the future, but it'll only happen at a slower pace. You cant expect your phone to satisfy your girlfriend because u cant.

I did hear abt nfc, which sounds interesting, but is pretty much useless right now. And i can bet that eventually, apple will be the one to make it extraordinary. Not by their marketing techniques but by their way of doing things. Like they didnt just add a voice recognition service but created a whole fricken personality which actually did more than call someone. They introduce a feature only with a widerange of app base which exploit that feature. And thats why they change the game everytime.

Like other companies, their main motive in life isnt making things bigger.. Screen, ram, battery.. Increasing the ram or stuffing 4 cores instead of two isnt innovation. Nor is having a weather widget on the lockscreen. M not against customization. Just saying that apple does more important things than other phone companies or the OS ones.

Because they're there.

But in all seriosity, it used to be that phone contracts lasted a year.
    Now they last two years, if that makes you any happier.
    I'm suprised to hear this POV from a MMYI-forum member ... where's your self-respect ?
    How the **** are they there? What can an android do that an iphone cant? Probably vibrate better in your colon. I cant think of anything else.
    And if customizations is your 'argument' (not debate), then you are on your own dude. Me, and most of the people here are done arguing with you. Not because we agree with you or because we lost. But because we are tired of trying to make you broaden your mind. Its like teaching a cat how to talk. The best you can get out of it is 'ohh long jonhson'.
    Last edited by Simon; 03-19-2013 at 05:38 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mohit555 For This Useful Post:

slim.jim (03-19-2013)

Sorry, but I'm still getting the HTC One ... surely a product to seduce even hardline Apple fundamentalists.

Flash isn't supported on android anymore. Adobe stopped developing it. Photon or skyfire browsers are 2 ways to get flash on both OS's.
    file browsing is available with jailbreak: ifile
    Free icon placement the same with gridlock.

Compared to stock iOS yes, those are two things android has over iOS.
    This guy owns an iphone 4 on 4.3. He doesnt know **** about cydia tweaks that have released post mid 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohit555 View Post
    You talk so passionately about innovation and support an os which innovated nothing.
    Yes. U heard it. All android has over ios is customizations. And 'widgets' have been around even before your green bot was in its creator's balls.
    I agree that there hasnt been any groundbreaking innovation from apple's side in quite some time. But siri was infact revolutionary. Sure people had voice recognition before it but apple made it work. It gave us something that we cud actually use rather than just another dumb feature that your favorite os is be filled with.

It invented the retina display which other companies have JUST been able to surpass. After 3 years! Talk about slow learners! And i know this is more to do with hardware than software but its difficult to segregate the two when talking abt a company like apple.

So what if it hasnt inovated anything big in the last couple of months which might extend to a year or two.. None of the other companies have either. Its because technology slowly reaches its capacity. Sure the existing technology will expand in the future, but it'll only happen at a slower pace. You cant expect your phone to satisfy your girlfriend because u cant.

I did hear abt nfc, which sounds interesting, but is pretty much useless right now. And i can bet that eventually, apple will be the one to make it extraordinary. Not by their marketing techniques but by their way of doing things. Like they didnt just add a voice recognition service but created a whole fricken personality which actually did more than call someone. They introduce a feature only with a widerange of app base which exploit that feature. And thats why they change the game everytime.

Like other companies, their main motive in life isnt making things bigger.. Screen, ram, battery.. Increasing the ram or stuffing 4 cores instead of two isnt innovation. Nor is having a weather widget on the lockscreen. M not against customization. Just saying that apple does more important things than other phone companies or the OS ones.

How the **** are they there? What can an android do that an iphone cant? Probably vibrate better in your colon. I cant think of anything else.
    And if customizations is your 'argument' (not debate), then you are on your own dude. Me, and most of the people here are done arguing with you. Not because we agree with you or because we lost. But because we are tired of trying to make you broaden your mind. Its like teaching a cat how to talk. The best you can get out of it is 'ohh long jonhson'.
    This post is a classic. I love it.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

ferris419 (03-20-2013), Mohit555 (03-19-2013)

Thanks

This guy owns an iphone 4 on 4.3. He doesnt know **** about cydia tweaks that have released post mid 2010.
    Please stop posting around the inappropriate language auto censor. It is there for a reason, please follow forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by pkmaximum View Post
    Even in comparison to stock OS', those features are so arbitrary in the scope of "ground-breaking" features anyway. If Apple thought that things like "free-placement" of icons was critical to the user experience then it really would have had no reason not to include it. It is a mundane thing to worry about.
    Apparently, thats all that the iphonethatswhyiam or whatever he is wants the most in the world. Even more than friends, which m sure he doesnt have judging by the way he talks to the general public.

Thanks

Sorry, but I'm still getting the HTC One ... surely a product to seduce even hardline Apple fundamentalists.
    That phone does look pretty awesome. I would choose that over the S4. I like the Nexus line myself though because they get updates the quickest and I like plain jane android better than Sense or touchwiz.

Launchscreen basics like a clock, date and weather are basic requirements for many people.
    Trivialising it isn't going to change that.

Sure you can get PerPageHTML+ for a Springboard clock and all the other JB tweaks, but as far as sales are concerned, only considerations of stock OS's matter.
    As far as sales is concerned, the lastest iphone on the latest ios is sold way more readily than the latest samsung or htc on the latest android.

Yeah, but he also owns a 3GS on 612, ran his 4 on 511 as he does his iPad-1.
    I've run every Cydia tweak under the sun - even helped authoring one.
    Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Last edited by Simon; 03-19-2013 at 06:15 PM.

Thanks

Last warning about forum rules. Inappropriate language and insulting other members are against forum rules.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

iPhoneThereforeIAm (03-19-2013)

[QUOTE=iPhoneThereforeIAm;6801865]
    My, we ARE feisty - but really, too many inappropriate references.
    Not proud of it but its hard to control with people like iphonethereforeiam.
    M sure he mustve gotten on your nerve too. I sincerely apologize. Not to him the general public.

Last warning about forum rules. Inappropriate language and insulting other members are against forum rules.
    Duly noted!
    But this warning should also be extended to the person who i was insulting because he posts were equally obnoxious. He just used fancier insults which only he understood. I had to go with the layman language.
    Last edited by Mohit555; 03-19-2013 at 06:19 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

That is the? Only complaint about adroid phones "Why the giant humps on the back for cameras?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I know there's a lot of things that Apple could improve on the iPhone and innovation, I'm not so sure what Blackberry chief thinks of iDevices is all that relevant. You'd think he had enough on his plate.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast