Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BlackBerry Chief Calls iPhone 'Outdated'

Thanks
    Thanked 15,551 Times in 7,110 Posts

The only thing sad is the endless back and forth nonsense about which OS is better, which phone is better. It's gotten to be REALLY old. Stop trying to measure the size of your "egos" through these tired fanboy debates and instead realize that all this choice and competition really just means one thing: We all win, we get to choose between some great software and phones.

Jeez, idk what drugs he's on but you could probably use some too. Change is good buddy, embrace the competion. It will only bring you benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    The only thing sad is the endless back and forth nonsense about which OS is better, which phone is better. It's gotten to be REALLY old.
    But that's kinda what this whole forum is for, unless there's been a major glitch in the Matrix ... isn't it ?
    Or have I been labouring under some major-4$$ misapprehension all along ?

It's funny how needy people are. Just 7 years ago we all used a little flip phone that had no features, just a calculator and bulky buttons to press. Now you have an iPhone 5 or galaxy s4 and the updates they bring every year isn't enough. Quit watching your Star Wars wanting holographic images and phones that pop out of a wrist watch, and get back to the reality. Innovation is faster then ever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneThereforeIAm View Post
    But that's kinda what this whole forum is for, unless there's been a major glitch in the Matrix ... isn't it ?
    Or have I been labouring under some major-4$$ misapprehension all along ?
    I don't see anywhere saying this forum is for fanboy arguments about which phone/OS is better. Do you?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

ferris419 (03-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Awdad724 View Post
    It's funny how needy people are. Just 7 years ago we all used a little flip phone that had no features, just a calculator and bulky buttons to press. Now you have an iPhone 5 or galaxy s4 and the updates they bring every year isn't enough. Quit watching your Star Wars wanting holographic images and phones that pop out of a wrist watch, and get back to the reality. Innovation is faster then ever.
    I'm sorry, but you can't freeze time in 2010 when the iPhone was king.
    People DO want Star Wars and holographic projections - that's just human nature (including yours) and there's nothing you can do about it ... so stop cry-babying, face up to reality and accept that every dog has its day.

The only thing sad is the endless back and forth nonsense about which OS is better, which phone is better. It's gotten to be REALLY old. Stop trying to measure the size of your "egos" through these tired fanboy debates and instead realize that all this choice and competition really just means one thing: We all win, we get to choose between some great software and phones.
    The problem with these "fanboys" is that they've never sit down and really analyze the other side. They go by what they read on sites with bias reports and little to no research behind their claims.

I for one can say I've seen and used both sides of this "war" and I have to admit, Android has really come a long way. Jelly Bean is really a great OS. Even ICS wasn't enough to get me to switch, despite how much I wanted a bigger (wider) phone. But when JB came, the game really has changed. Suddenly, Android phones are as smooth as iOS!

And the customizations are amazing. For 4 years I wanted a Cantonese (not Chinese/Mandarin) keyboard for my iPhone. This was impossible even on jailbroken phones because no one made one. There was ONE Cantonese app that I had to type into a "note" then copy the text to whatever I needed at. No direct typing. On Android, not only can I add a Cantonese keyboard, I even had a few to choose from! Again, you can't judge a book by its cover. Just like you can't see what Android has to offer in 5 minutes. Pick up a recent Android phone and use it for a week. You'll see all the stuff you wish you had on your iPhone.

I don't see anywhere saying this forum is for fanboy arguments about which phone/OS is better. Do you?
    This forum is for the discussion of all things iOS - and that will inevitably invite comparison with other OS's.
    Why do you wish to stifle that particular debate, if you don't mind my asking.

Thanks

This forum is for the discussion of all things iOS - and that will inevitably invite comparison with other OS's.
    Why do you wish to stifle that particular debate, if you don't mind my asking.
    Debate and opinions are great and encouraged. What you have been doing is not that though. Calling people "crybabies" and saying their "heads are buried" is not showing your opinion or debating something. It's only showing how childish and immature you are. Try expressing your opinion without resorting to name calling and put downs and then people may start taking you and your opinion seriously instead of just responding in the same way you do.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoSaeba View Post
    The problem with these "fanboys" is that they've never sit down and really analyze the other side. They go by what they read on sites with bias reports and little to no research behind their claims.

I for one can say I've seen and used both sides of this "war" and I have to admit, Android has really come a long way. Jelly Bean is really a great OS. Even ICS wasn't enough to get me to switch, despite how much I wanted a bigger (wider) phone. But when JB came, the game really has changed. Suddenly, Android phones are as smooth as iOS!

And the customizations are amazing. For 4 years I wanted a Cantonese (not Chinese/Mandarin) keyboard for my iPhone. This was impossible even on jailbroken phones because no one made one. There was ONE Cantonese app that I had to type into a "note" then copy the text to whatever I needed at. No direct typing. On Android, not only can I add a Cantonese keyboard, I even had a few to choose from! Again, you can't judge a book by its cover. Just like you can't see what Android has to offer in 5 minutes. Pick up a recent Android phone and use it for a week. You'll see all the stuff you wish you had on your iPhone.
    This would be an example of a well thought out response that doesn't need to resort to ego measuring tactics to get his opinion across.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

ferris419 (03-20-2013)

Debate and opinions are great and encouraged. What you have been doing is not that though. Calling people "crybabies" and saying their "heads our buried" is not showing your opinion or debating something. It's only showing how childish and immature you are. Try expressing your opinion without resorting to name calling and put downs and then people may start taking you and your opinion seriously instead of just responding in the same way you do.

This would be an example of a well thought out response that doesn't need to resort to ego measuring tactics to get his opinion across.
    'Crybabying' and 'heads buried' is pretty much on the money though, isn't it ?
    Those who aren't in denial are in mourning for the passing of the iPhone's day, aren't they ?

Countering with 'immature' is simply failing to deal with that reality - and for my money, comes under the heading of throwing the gun at your opponent when you've run out of ammo.
    Better to say nothing than to avoid addressing an issue by talking around it, surely ?

OK, you're forgiven.
    Though I agree with you on the debate you were having; innovation has certainly been lacking. Your attitude is a lot to be desired. Just because you know a bit of philosophy and your username references Descartes does not make you any more assertive in your arguments. I have seen a lot of people across forums, who clearly just got out of their freshmen year in college and have taken a logic and philosophy course and suddenly believe that no one can touch them. Work your arguments off your own premises and stop trying to sound like the most intelligent person in the room, its arrogant, and ignorant.

Thanks

'Crybabying' and 'heads buried' is pretty much on the money though, isn't it ?
    Those who aren't in denial are in mourning for the passing of the iPhone's day, aren't they ?

Countering with 'immature' is simply failing to deal with that reality - and for my money, comes under the heading of throwing the gun at your opponent when you've run out of ammo.
    Better to say nothing than to avoid addressing an issue by talking around it, surely ?
    For some yes that can be seen as accurate. But as I said in the other thread to you I don't see the iPhones day to have passed at all. Bring on the androids, the samsungs, the windows phones, even the blackberries (who have finally stepped into the current generation now). All it means is better iPhones, better Androids, better Windows Phones and even better blackberries. Let each person choose to their preference without denying the strengths (and weaknesses) of all the others.

Or if you can just do what I do and get 1 of each and have tons of fun

Quote Originally Posted by pkmaximum View Post
    Though I agree with you on the debate you were having; innovation has certainly been lacking. Your attitude is a lot to be desired. Just because you know a bit of philosophy and your username references Descartes does not make you any more assertive in your arguments. I have seen a lot of people across forums, who clearly just got out of their freshmen year in college and have taken a logic and philosophy course and suddenly believe that no one can touch them. Work your arguments off your own premises and stop trying to sound like the most intelligent person in the room, its arrogant, and ignorant.
    Sound like ?
    You do me an injustice.

You demonstrate how disappointly true it is that those who can't attack the argument attack the arguer.

Sound like ?
    You do me an injustice.

You demonstrate how disappointly true it is that those who can't attack the argument attack the arguer.
    You have misunderstood what I was attacking, it was not your argument, as in the beginning of my post I already said, "I agree with you." There was nothing to attack in your argument for me was there? I am telling you that your attitude is childish as Simon mentioned above. Whether you are "on the money," or not, does not negate the fact you need to provide a rational argument for your viewpoint. Do not play the role of a victim after you attacked basically all the users in the forum. After all, this is an Apple forum, and you are here calling people "cry-babies" and "fanboys." Again, I am not saying you are wrong, but if you are going to accuse people of these claims then provide a rational basis to why you are saying that.

You have misunderstood what I was attacking, it was not your argument, as in the beginning of my post I already said, "I agree with you." There was nothing to attack in your argument for me was there? I am telling you that your attitude is childish as Simon mentioned above. Whether you are "on the money," or not, does not negate the fact you need to provide a rational argument for your viewpoint. Do not play the role of a victim after you attacked basically all the users in the forum. After all, this is an Apple forum, and you are here calling people "cry-babies" and "fanboys." Again, I am not saying you are wrong, but if you are going to accuse people of these claims then provide a rational basis to why you are saying that.
    Now you're just arguing for the sake of it.
    I'm flattered that you see me as 'the man' to be argued with - but I'm not here to massage your ailing ego.
    All there is is just people like me, going about the business of having their say.
    I suggest you take it to Usenet where your ego can have a thoroughly restorative work-out.

Now you're just arguing for the sake of it.
    I'm flattered that you see me as 'the man' to be argued with - but I'm not here to massage your ailing ego.
    All there is is just people like me, going about the business of having their say.
    I suggest you take it to Usenet where your ego can have a thoroughly restorative work-out.
    What is wrong with you?

What is wrong with you?
    Is that a trick question ?

I'm sorry, but you can't freeze time in 2010 when the iPhone was king.
    People DO want Star Wars and holographic projections - that's just human nature (including yours) and there's nothing you can do about it ... so stop cry-babying, face up to reality and accept that every dog has its day.
    The truth is everything takes time to improve and get better.

Cars, planes, television, computers, and everything else that's been invented took time to get where it's at. You can't expect something as amazing as a smart phone to go from where its at to holographic images over night. It's only been 6 - 7 years. They have done amazing things in very short time. The truth is that it'll never be enough, doesn't mean that the next big thing has to happen year after year. Give it time. Improvements are made year after year.

Thanks

What is wrong with you?
    I gave up a while ago when he thought he was they only one who understood his user name. It's not worth my time to debate with him.

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    I gave up a while ago when he thought he was they only one who understood his user name. It's not worth my time to debate with him.
    So you looked it up ?
    I'm flattered that you went to the trouble.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast