+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Keep People From Seeing When You Read Their Facebook Messages With 'FBMessengerUnseen'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Keep People From Seeing When You Read Their Facebook Messages With 'FBMessengerUnseen'

Most of us with Facebooks have that one annoying person that messages us constantly. Facebook didn’t help us out at all when they added the read receipt feature allowing those annoying people to see when and if we viewed their message. Now when we ignore them, they can actually see when we ignore them, and that never turns out good.

A free jailbreak tweak called FBMessengerUnseen by iOS developer omokas will disable the read receipt feature for the iOS device that you use to check your Facebook messages – so if you install this tweak on your iPhone, and then use that iPhone to check your messages, the senders will never see when you read their messages:

The tweak is made for the Facebook Messenger application that can be downloaded for free from the App Store. It doesn’t work with the Web application through Mobile Safari, and it doesn’t work for the basic Facebook application. For a download link to the Facebook Messenger application, you can click here (App Store).

FBMessengerUnseen is easily enabled or disabled at any time either from the Settings application, or with the included SBSettings toggle. If you’re interested in grabbing FBMessengerUnseen, you will find it in Cydia’s ModMyi repository.

Name: FBMessengerUnseen
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.3
    Requirements: Facebook Messenger
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: omokas
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Hannalynn32 (04-18-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool. I will use this cuz Facebook people can be annoying.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Too bad this doesn't work with the regular FB app, as I've never seen the point of having an extra app just for messenger. But I'll give it a try just to use this tweak, ha.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does this work for web?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Nope doesn't work with web application

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So what's the point of this tweak if only people with messenger will see the tweak in effect?

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by liamcakerboyr View Post
    So what's the point of this tweak if only people with messenger will see the tweak in effect?
    I think you misunderstood.

Since the tweak keeps Facebook Messenger on the device that the tweak is installed on from sharing with Facebook that you read the sender's message, the sender won't be able to tell that you saw their message.

It doesn't matter if the sender is using the Web app, Facebook app, or Facebook messenger. As long as YOU are using Facebook messenger, and this tweak, they can't see that you read their messages.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

liamcakerboyr (03-18-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

There's also a Chrome/Firefox/Internet Explorer extension that does the same thing for your computer.
    Install Chat Undetected - Crossrider Extensions

My iPhone is a Part of Me primalscream.40's Avatar
    Thanks

😳😳my thought to that is simple. If they are that annoying. Then unfriend them or simple block em

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kimberly_ View Post
    Too bad this doesn't work with the regular FB app, as I've never seen the point of having an extra app just for messenger. But I'll give it a try just to use this tweak, ha.
    Agree, I also had to download the messenger app. They should work on the Facebook app

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The point is that you dont have to load more stuff than the "messenger".

On my iPhone 4S the messages go way faster to the messenger app than the facebook app. Actually I cant remember when was the last time an inbox message poped up on the facebook app, so messenger app is quite helpful.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@Anthony Bouchard

Can you please say if this tweak works with the latest version of fb messenger??