Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: YourTube for iOS 6 and Gremlin Updated With Slick New Features

Default YourTube for iOS 6 and Gremlin Updated With Slick New Features

Just a few days ago, CocoaNuts launched an update for their renowned YourTube jailbreak tweak, adding compatibility with iOS 6. YourTube transforms the YouTube application from Google into a power-user's paradise, allowing for accelerated video downloading, selecting a streaming quality, blocking ads, and many more useful features.

CocoaNuts have released an update for both YourTube and Gremlin (a YourTube dependency), adding some great new features that have been not only demanded, but will also make the YourTube experience even better.

At the top of the list of new features, users can now stream and download videos in 1080p – recently capped at 720p. The update also lets users bypass the 18+ age restriction, play YouTube and downloaded videos in the background while doing other things on the device, play videos as they download, and fixes some minor bugs.

However, one can't miss the most important feature of this update. Users can now edit the metadata for videos that they download before importing them to the music library:

The metadata editing screen lets the user preview the media before importing it, choose the type of file it is, choose a title, artist, album, genre, year, and even choose its own cover art. This metadata screen appears when you tap on the blue arrow beside a video when you go to import it via the YouTube application.

If you own YourTube or YourTube HD already, this update for YourTube for iOS 6 is a free upgrade for you. New users can download YourTube in Cydia for $4.99.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 03-17-2013 at 02:55 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

zplit (03-17-2013)

Niceeee!!! Love the new features!!!
    Keep it rolling babyyyyyyy

iPhone? More like MyPhone mattoligy's Avatar
    Thanks

This is brilliant! Can't wait for a way to batch import albums and edit the meta/art like bridge does! You can use iFile to import single tracks but it does not let you edit meta/art and or batch import!

Also a very important feature missing is a notification of some sort when an import is complete! Lots of confusion to the lesser power users as it is! Like my gf haha

Might switch from protube because backgrounding. Definitely one feature I REALLY really wanted.

ProTube is better!

Quote Originally Posted by dan2007h View Post
    ProTube is better!
    Conditioner is better! I leave the hair silky and smooth.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to novadam For This Useful Post:

mrmyco (03-19-2013), Sk37cH (03-17-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Man your tube is the greatest. It's all I used when I got my 2g until it stopped working and then everyone recommended protube which just sucks, was way too slow and there's no need for a whole new app

Quote Originally Posted by bigray View Post
    Man your tube is the greatest. It's all I used when I got my 2g until it stopped working and then everyone recommended protube which just sucks, was way too slow and there's no need for a whole new app
    Sorry, but the kid in me can't help but laugh at the way you posted that...

But I've used both and they seem equally good.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bankai44 View Post
    Sorry, but the kid in me can't help but laugh at the way you posted that...

But I've used both and they seem equally good.
    Lol sorry, wasn't it constructed maturely enough for you?