+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Saurik Releases 'Cyueue' to Make Song Planning Easier on iOS

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Jay Freeman, better known as Saurik , has just released a new gem in the Cydia store. His new tweak is called Cyueue and allows the user to create a
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Saurik Releases 'Cyueue' to Make Song Planning Easier on iOS

Jay Freeman, better known as Saurik, has just released a new gem in the Cydia store. His new tweak is called Cyueue and allows the user to create a planned music playlist in real time.

The tweak makes it to that when you tap on a song in Apple’s music application, three buttons will appear – Play Now, Play Next, and Play Last. The play now feature will begin playing the song you choose immediately, the play next feature will make the song you choose play right after the song that’s currently playing, and the play last feature will add the song to the end of the song queue.

Once you start getting used to where the three buttons are, you can eventually double-tap on the left, middle, or right of the song to use the corresponding controls rather than tapping once and then choosing a button. The way the tweak is so seamlessly built into the Music application makes it feel like it should have been a stock feature.

Since the songs added to your queue are actually added to a playlist called Cyueue, the tweak makes sure that after your Cyueue playlist is finished that it goes back to the original playlist that was playing before you started using the Cyueue playlist. This is a nice feature to ensure that music keeps playing no matter what.

Saurik explains that Cyueue is good for house parties, where you want to be able to choose a song to play next without interrupting the currently playing song. Since normally you would have to sit around and wait for the currently-playing song to finish to play the new song, Cyueue makes it so you can select the song you want to play next, and walk away, rest assured that the song you chose will play next.

Cyueue has no options to configure. If you're interested in adding this useful functionality to your Music application, you will find Cyueue in Cydia right now for $2.49.

Name: Cyueue
    Price: $2.49
    Version: 1.1.0
    Repo: Cydia/Telesphoreo
    Developer: Saurik
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

catstide (03-15-2013), iRyanKGT (03-15-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Love it. I've been waiting for this kind of tweak.

Thanks

Saurik releasing a paid app? Even with 14 million jailbroken devices I guess cydia ad revenues just dont cut it any more with server costs and all that. Well good for him. Glad to see him making something new and awesome again. I'm buying not just because its awesome but also because its a rare opportunity to help out the greatest dev to ever live!

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (03-15-2013), chiraagnt (03-16-2013), iH85CH001 (03-16-2013), iRyanKGT (03-15-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

Wicked. Glad this was made... Always wanted it

Thanks
    Thanked 5,253 Times in 1,865 Posts

Ahh so this is what he has been working on! Hopefully now he can update WB. While I love what WB offers it needs some much needed updates. Please Saurik update when you can and good luck with this Tweak!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    Saurik releasing a paid app? Even with 14 million jailbroken devices I guess cydia ad revenues just dont cut it any more with server costs and all that. Well good for him. Glad to see him making something new and awesome again. I'm buying not just because its awesome but also because its a rare opportunity to help out the greatest dev to ever live!
    surely you've heard him say it before, Saurik doesn't get money from the ads (nor put them there). the repos do that

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to keenpois0n For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (03-16-2013), Modding life (03-16-2013), radioBirdman (03-15-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone slap690's Avatar
    Thanks

$2.49? Jeez. I'd give him $20 if he'd cut that ratty beard off! JK JK. Love Saurik! Buy the tweak and support the man people!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slap690 For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (03-15-2013), chiraagnt (03-16-2013), iRyanKGT (03-15-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 778 Posts

This tweak is like 'Programming' on an old CD Player! Does anybody here even know what I'm talking about?!?!

Thanks

Fantastic tweak. I had a bug with the two first songs, but since then ... perfect. Love it. Works also with iTunes Match. What are you waiting for ?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Bought this tweak and it's awesome. I have a feeling Apple will add this to iOS soon to go along with the new "Play Next" feature that they introduced with the iTunes 11. Or atleast they need too.

*T*
    Thanks

Can anyone tell me if this tweak adds significant lag? I will jailbreak just to use this

Thanks

no lag here.

awesome tweak. only thing that could make it better would be some subtle animation bringing up and dismissing the buttons.

Thanks

Thank You for this amazing app!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Reminds me of the same feature found in grooveshark, great tweak though. I think ill give this a try

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Awesome! This is one (of so much) feature that Zune is better than iPod
    Great!

Thanks

It's like I died and went to heaven... I've wanted this feature since my first iPod almost 10 years ago... Finally! My life just got better than it already was! This mod is well worth $2.50... No flaws or lag have I noticed... Thank you Mr. Freeman... You rock...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    This tweak is like 'Programming' on an old CD Player! Does anybody here even know what I'm talking about?!?!
    Um, hell yes I do! I remember being so amazed that my "portable" CD player with 8 C batteries had that option, it was awesome. Way before skip protection, sneeze and it skips, tiny bump in the car it skips. It was horrible, but at the time it was the greatest, most amazing thing ever.

God I miss that feeling we take technology for granted now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
    Um, hell yes I do! I remember being so amazed that my "portable" CD player with 8 C batteries had that option, it was awesome. Way before skip protection, sneeze and it skips, tiny bump in the car it skips. It was horrible, but at the time it was the greatest, most amazing thing ever.

God I miss that feeling we take technology for granted now.
    Hahahahaha! I thought skip protection was a marvel in technology back then!

Thanks

Skip protection upgrades ever year... Had to keep gettin better CD players every year to have more skip protection... Technology has changed but the production and upgrades seems to have had some patterns some patterns... Auto reverse Walkmen were the dopest when they dropped

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
    Skip protection upgrades ever year... Had to keep gettin better CD players every year to have more skip protection... Technology has changed but the production and upgrades seems to have had some patterns some patterns... Auto reverse Walkmen were the dopest when they dropped
    LOL! I was just excited when the Walkmans came out where you didn't have to physically eject the cassette and flip it to 'Side B' anymore!