+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Analyst: Galaxy S4 Inferior to iPhone 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The honeymoon is already over for Samsung's Galaxy S4 with one leading analyst, who deems the new flagship smartphone "inferior" to Apple's current-generation iPhone 5. Analyst Brian White of Topeka
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Analyst: Galaxy S4 Inferior to iPhone 5

The honeymoon is already over for Samsung's Galaxy S4 with one leading analyst, who deems the new flagship smartphone "inferior" to Apple's current-generation iPhone 5.

Analyst Brian White of Topeka Capital Markets said Friday that the Galaxy S4 is "less refined" than the iPhone 5 and should not be viewed or promoted as a proverbial "game changer." While admitting that the S4 is an improvement over the S3, White expects Apple's forthcoming iPhone 5S to "handily outsell" the refreshed Samsung device.

"We are amazed by how analysts and the media have turned on Apple during the recent stock downdrafts with statements that Samsung is 'out-innovating' Apple," White observed this morning. "One would believe that Samsung is crushing Apple in the mobile phone market. We believe this is complete nonsense."

Despite confessing that the S4 has a pixel density of 441 per inch (which is superior to the screen resolution of the iPhone 5's display), White says the S4 is "heavier" and "fatter" than the iPhone 5. He also derides the S4's plastic casing, saying it's "no match" for the iPhone 5's aluminum unibody enclosure.

Gene Munster of Piper Jaffray largely appears to be on the same page as White.

"While the S4 is likely to be the iPhone's biggest competitor this year at the high-end of the market, we remain confident in our iPhone estimate for this year of 177.5 million, which includes a cheaper phone in the September quarter," Munster says. "We view the S4 as unlikely to meaningfully impact iPhone share of the high-end over the full year, but do expect it to take share from other Android phones."

Sources: Fortune, BGR

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wonder what the real reason is for declaring an overall inferior phone better?

Thanks

And despite many stocks going down today, Apple is up a few points. I find it funny how much people just follow the news like sheep.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Norb For This Useful Post:

*T* (03-16-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albut View Post
    Wonder what the real reason is for declaring an overall inferior phone better?
    Are you going with Apple declared superior but inferior or Samsung declared superior but inferior?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Brian White? Come ooon! Why isn't he required to disclose how many APPL shares he owns or have suggested to clients?

His words are meaningless...
    Last edited by Lohand; 03-15-2013 at 12:42 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lohand For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (03-15-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

How much is Apple paying or how much is he invested in Apple with other people's money for him to say this?
    "Despite confessing that the S4 has a pixel density of 441 per inch (which is superior to the screen resolution of the iPhone 5's display), White says the S4 is "heavier" and "fatter" than the iPhone 5."
    "He also derides the S4's plastic casing, saying it's "no match" for the iPhone 5's aluminum unibody enclosure."
    Seriously?? This is his excuse for Apple being more superior? Never mind just about every other criteria the S4 is better, he picks these two as the weak points that makes Apple better overall? Whomever have him to handle their stock need to switch quick!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LithePanther View Post
    Are you going with Apple declared superior but inferior or Samsung declared superior but inferior?
    Easy, HTC ONE all the way! Because it is what the iPhone 6 should be!
    If it had an Apple logo and an iOS 7 update that Ape'd BlinkFeed™, it would sell like hot cakes!
    Oh and these APPL share holding "analysts" would be wetting themselves. Sayin...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lohand View Post
    Easy, HTC ONE all the way! Because it is what the iPhone 6 should be!
    If it had an Apple logo and an iOS 7 update that Ape'd BlinkFeed™, it would sell like hot cakes!
    Oh and these APPL share holding "analysts" would be wetting themselves. Sayin...
    I'm not an Android guy but I gotta say the HTC One is by far my favorite Android device. My big question is why even compare Apple and Android phones, if anything the S4 should have been compared to the HTC One (and the S4 probably would still lose).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Norb For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (03-15-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me ProfessorJack's Avatar
    Thanks

Inferior phone what with a quad 1.9. It' won't be to long before its as fast as a mac book pro never mind a iPhone 5s or even the iPhone 6

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    "While the S4 is likely to be the iPhone's biggest competitor this year at the high-end of the market"

the above statement is somewhat funny here. iPhone 5 can only compete with S3, NOT S4. wake up wake up!

Thanks
    can it be jailbroke? just kidden, some one give me a s4 and ill test it for them

My iPhone is a Part of Me ProfessorJack's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fatherq View Post
    "While the S4 is likely to be the iPhone's biggest competitor this year at the high-end of the market"

the above statement is somewhat funny here. iPhone 5 can only compete with S3, NOT S4. wake up wake up!
    Agree

the s4 is on another planet

Thanks

If you compare hardware from one to another, there's always debatable difference. I don't buy a phone based on the hardware alone. I buy them with user experience in mind, the software, the integration with other products and accessories, the eco-system, the reliability, the ease of tech support, the customer service. I don't buy it to show off the hardware, I buy it to enjoy it on a daily base. I buy it for the fun factor. Service and user experience are always going to be the key factor in any gadgets.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 8lias For This Useful Post:

runey71 (03-15-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorJack View Post
    Inferior phone what with a quad 1.9. It' won't be to long before its as fast as a mac book pro never mind a iPhone 5s or even the iPhone 6
    As fast as a MacBook Pro, hahaha! You need to learn about processor architectures.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

runey71 (03-15-2013)

Thanks

This is like comparing BMW to Mercedes. They both make damn fine cars. Why do we feel compelled to declare one better than the other? It's simply a matter of preference, and I wish people would quit trying to make it more than that.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AUZambo For This Useful Post:

BhadKarma (03-15-2013), novadam (03-15-2013), ridingsupreme (03-15-2013), runey71 (03-15-2013), zplit (03-15-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,101 Times in 6,940 Posts

Prediction: Both will sell extremely well. Everybody wins.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (03-15-2013), runey71 (03-15-2013)

Thanks

Samsung really did something with the IIIs, it's a marvel no doubt. But they simply got lucky. But after looking at a number of Samsung devices, there is an inherent cheapness- it's like having a fast PC with all the side panels removed, the performance is there, but it looks like poop. The IIIs look good but they come apart way too easily. I wouldn't mind having one though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by auzambo View Post
    this is like comparing bmw to mercedes. They both make damn fine cars. Why do we feel compelled to declare one better than the other? It's simply a matter of preference, and i wish people would quit trying to make it more than that.
    amen!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Prediction: Both will sell extremely well. Everybody wins.
    (Y)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Why not a single **** was given on the launch of Samsung Galaxy SIV and why it will still sell 27.4 millions in 1 quarter Sleepy Muses: A Lazy analysis on why not a single **** was given on the launch of Samsung Galaxy SIV and Why it will still sell 27.4millions in 1 quarter.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast