+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Analyst: Galaxy S4 Inferior to iPhone 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
S4 fanbois are crying like crazy over this. Tell me fanbois, what Samsung phone was on the market in 2007? Fact is the galaxy only exists today because of the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    S4 fanbois are crying like crazy over this. Tell me fanbois, what Samsung phone was on the market in 2007? Fact is the galaxy only exists today because of the iphone. It will always be the iPhones bi##h and playing catch up. Realistically you S4 tools can only say how great the hardware is, even though you have no idea what any of the specs actually mean, because you know you are holding a plastic pieces of s#*t. I mean seriously. One product is extreamly well made. The other feels like a child's toy. So what if the specs are better here and there. When compared side by side it's practically unnoticeable. It comes down to quality of the product. Sure there are some people who genuinely like the s4 better. Which is fine. But I have no doubt the trolls that post in here are the kind of tools that see apple as mainstream so they are trying to be "cool" by going against the grain and being the odd man out with a galaxy. The different is cool type losers. Anyway to each their own. But like I said galaxy fanbois give credit where it's due. Smartphones do not exist with the iphone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    This is like comparing BMW to Mercedes. They both make damn fine cars. Why do we feel compelled to declare one better than the other? It's simply a matter of preference, and I wish people would quit trying to make it more than that.
    They Both do, i agree But if the BMW has a feature that you can swipe your hands and it makes you coffee and has a bigger wider and better navigation screen system for the same price as the Mercedes which has NO new feature except opening the roof? you might do two things: If you prefer BMW you would take it and run and have a better fetured Car for the same price as a Mercedes. OR if you prefer Mercedes, you will call the company and tell them that a BMW with more advanced features is selling for the same price and you are very tempted to jump ship. And you would then ask them to please get it together and look out for the people and not themselves cuz Samsung, i mean BMW sure is thinking about people and not themselves and what they can get away with like apple, i mean Mercedes!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple>Samsung
    Intel>AMD
    Coke>Pepsi
    I still like all 6 just a personal preference .. to each their own

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Colwood For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-17-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colwood View Post
    Apple>Samsung
    Intel>AMD
    Coke>Pepsi
    I still like all 6 just a personal preference .. to each their own
    Agreed, I like Samsung appliances and TV's though. Apple hasn't gotten into that market yet. Waiting on the iFridge.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,627 Times in 5,902 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    Waiting on the iFridge.
    lmao, I'm in, I'd buy it...

Thanks

If Apple don't do something about this crappy batt life them this 5 is the last iPhone ill buy. Who cares if its the fastest baddest if I have to charge it every 3.5 - 4hrs. That is crap.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by towboattrash34 View Post
    If Apple don't do something about this crappy batt life them this 5 is the last iPhone ill buy. Who cares if its the fastest baddest if I have to charge it every 3.5 - 4hrs. That is crap.
    weird. my 5 has amazing battery life. maybe 3x as good as my 4S. and I'm running a crapload of tweaks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    weird. my 5 has amazing battery life. maybe 3x as good as my 4S. and I'm running a crapload of tweaks.
    my 5 battery life is quite the improvement too but I turn brightness down when inside, turn wifi off when I leave my house.. turn lte off at my house .. maybe that's why mine is good lol .. a lot of tweaks aswell

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankjc81 View Post
    S4 fanbois are crying like crazy over this. Tell me fanbois, what Samsung phone was on the market in 2007? Fact is the galaxy only exists today because of the iphone. It will always be the iPhones bi##h and playing catch up. Realistically you S4 tools can only say how great the hardware is, even though you have no idea what any of the specs actually mean, because you know you are holding a plastic pieces of s#*t. I mean seriously. One product is extreamly well made. The other feels like a child's toy. So what if the specs are better here and there. When compared side by side it's practically unnoticeable. It comes down to quality of the product. Sure there are some people who genuinely like the s4 better. Which is fine. But I have no doubt the trolls that post in here are the kind of tools that see apple as mainstream so they are trying to be "cool" by going against the grain and being the odd man out with a galaxy. The different is cool type losers. Anyway to each their own. But like I said galaxy fanbois give credit where it's due. Smartphones do not exist with the iphone.
    So you don't like any of the "features" of the S4? Yes the iPhone was the phone that started it all. Like I said I won't be buying the S4 cause I'm a ******* fanboy of the iPhone. None the less Samsung came out swinging hard. Lots of features which I thought were really cool. Maybe you think they suck, it's cool, it's preference! You gotta g r credit where credit is due. If Samsung has a technology which you can scroll with your eyes and video stops when u look away that's pretty dam impressive innovation. You might not use it all and think it blows. It's still a awesome technology. Million dollar question.. If our phones are the best, the ones that started it all, the cream of the crop, extreamly well made, why dont we have those features and Samsung does? Never fight competition. It makes all products better. Samsung does this than apple out does Samsung with something cooler. Apple invents this and Samsung out does them with something cooler. It goes on and on and who wins? Us the consumer.. Goose Fraba!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albut View Post
    Wonder what the real reason is for declaring an overall inferior phone better?
    And here come the Android Trolls... A brick running iOS is superior to any android POS

iPhone? More like MyPhone Venom1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CCNPJediHacker View Post
    And here come the Android Trolls... A brick running iOS is superior to any android POS
    Your statement is flawed and invalid. NEXT.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Venom1234 View Post
    Think you will find it's very valid... And upheld...

The reason Android phones are stacked full of RAM and have beefy processors is due to needing more horsepower to counteract the inefficient OS. This then leads to requiring bigger batteries to support the inefficient device. There is no real world value to these supposed "higher specs" because the operating system does not use the software efficiently causing lag and a bad user experience. To have a truely special device you need to properly marry the hardware with the OS (hence iOS devices fantastic battery life at smaller sizes). iOS also graphically is seemless and without lag.

If android was made by one vendor for one set of hardware it would become more efficient and would be a better OS. But it's not sadly and while it still has nice elements, the user experience is dreadful and cheap in comparison with iOS.

Reasoned....

Quote Originally Posted by Venom1234 View Post
    So I think it's you that needs to JOG ON over to X DA and stop trolling...
    Last edited by CCNPJediHacker; 03-17-2013 at 07:59 AM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CCNPJediHacker For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-17-2013), novadam (03-17-2013), slim.jim (03-17-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankjc81 View Post
    S4 fanbois are crying like crazy over this .
    It's Fandroids. Fanbois are strictly an Apple item.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    It's Fandroids. Fanbois are strictly an Apple item.
    I think you will find it's a general term, it's not reserved for one group or another.

http://m.urbandictionary.com/#define?term=fanboi

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

I think you will find it's a general term, it's not reserved for one group or another.

Urban Dictionary
    Or if you go to What is a Fanboi? - Definition from Techopedia and pay special attention to the last paragraph it's commonly used to refer to those fans of iPod, Iphone, Ipad.
    It's been in use as a derogatory name for the iPhone fanatics for a while. The opposite is fandroid, which is the same as fanboi, except for Andoid. Me... I just use whichever I want when the urge hits. Usually I have both the S3 and the iPhone 5 with me.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,106 Times in 6,251 Posts

The reason Android phones are stacked full of RAM and have beefy processors is due to needing more horsepower to counteract the inefficient OS. This then leads to requiring bigger batteries to support the inefficient device. There is no real world value to these supposed "higher specs" because the operating system does not use the software efficiently causing lag and a bad user experience. To have a truely special device you need to properly marry the hardware with the OS (hence iOS devices fantastic battery life at smaller sizes). iOS also graphically is seemless and without lag.

If android was made by one vendor for one set of hardware it would become more efficient and would be a better OS. But it's not sadly and while it still has nice elements, the user experience is dreadful and cheap in comparison with iOS.
    Nailed it perfectly. I wanted to say the same thing, but you got there first! Well said.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Nailed it perfectly. I wanted to say the same thing, but you got there first! Well said.
    Thanks mate

20. The Following User Says Thank You to CCNPJediHacker For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-27-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Is that why Apple keep stacking up their RAM also. The original iphone was using 128MB and now it has 1 GB RAM. Guess Apple needed the extra RAM since the OS was lagging as hell. There is no such thing as a "special device" when it clearly comes down to preference. The user experience on any high end Android device is just as smooth and lag free as the iphone so idk where you sheep keep getting this "lag" from. HTC Sense 5 is one of the best skins on any Android device besides AOSP. And i think most of the people who bash Android here have never owned or used any of the newer devices in the market. Before you open your mouth to say bla bla bla Android fanboy, i have an iPhone 5 along side my Droid DNA
    Last edited by Painkiller006; 03-18-2013 at 02:38 PM.
    from my rooted Droid DNA

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    Is that why Apple keep stacking up their RAM also. The original iphone was using 128MB and now it has 1 GB RAM. Guess Apple needed the extra RAM since the OS was lagging as hell. There is no such thing as a "special device" when it clearly comes down to preference. The user experience on any high end Android device is just as smooth and lag free as the iphone so idk where you sheep keep getting this "lag" from. HTC Sense 5 is one of the best skins on any Android device besides AOSP. And i think most of the people who bash Android here have never owned or used any of the newer devices in the market. Before you open your mouth to say bla bla bla Android fanboy, i have an iPhone 5 along side my Droid DNA
    The original iPhone also had no App Store where you could download some pretty impressive 3D games that require more ram to run. It also did not have multitasking or backgrounding for anything except the iPod app.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    Not gonna say fanboy, just deluded...

Now jog on back to xda, your milk and cookies are waiting for you there

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    The original iPhone also had no App Store where you could download some pretty impressive 3D games that require more ram to run. It also did not have multitasking or backgrounding for anything except the iPod app.
    The dude is a nonsensical troll spouting disillusioned rhetoric, you can't reason with stupidity, not even worth acknowledging his trollish existence
    Last edited by CCNPJediHacker; 03-18-2013 at 07:25 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to CCNPJediHacker For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-27-2013)