+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mail Enhancer Pro 2.0 Released With Full Support for iOS 6

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The insanely popular Mail Enhancer Pro jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Stefan Moellenkamp has been updated Thursday afternoon to version 2.0 with full support for iOS 6. The update is
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Mail Enhancer Pro 2.0 Released With Full Support for iOS 6

The insanely popular Mail Enhancer Pro jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Stefan Moellenkamp has been updated Thursday afternoon to version 2.0 with full support for iOS 6. The update is free for everybody that already owns Mail Enhancer Pro, otherwise, new users can grab Mail Enhancer Pro 2.0 for $4.99 in Cydia.

Mail Enhancer Pro is popular because of the large list of features that it brings to the iOS Mail application that Apple just happened to leave out. Some of the popular features that made Mail Enhancer Pro a hit jailbeak tweak include the following features via the Cydia description:

• Choosing multiple signatures (with or without HTML) for each individual e-mail account
    • Enabling HTML for e-mail composition
    • Choosing your own rules for all incoming e-mails
    • Choosing custom vibrations for e-mail notifications
    • Choosing custom volume levels for e-mail notifications
    • Enabling a speech notification when you receive e-mail
    • Announcing e-mails using Address Book Names
    • Enabling the use of volume buttons to dismiss incoming notifications
    • Using e-mail highlighting to differentiate between important and non-important e-mails
    • Taking advantage of an inbox filter feature to sort through your e-mail inbox
    • Quickly mark e-mails read/unread, flagged/unflagged, or delete them
    • Quickly select or deselect all e-mails in the inbox

Version 2.0 not only adds iOS 6 support, but also allows users to enable a notification summary, adds many new rule conditions and actions, and adds support for Spanish and Japanese. The update also fixes a few bugs that were in the previous version.

For those that haven’t updated to iOS 6 yet, the iOS 5-compatible version is still available in Cydia. There is a link in the tweak description for Mail Enhancer Pro 2.0 that takes you to the iOS 5-compatible version of the tweak.

You can see the tweak in action via the video below from the developer:

For a mobile-friendly video link that works with our app, tap on the video link below:

Video Link

If you're itching to get this amazing e-mail enhancing tweak, head over to Cydia right now and refresh your sources!

Sources: STM_Design via Stefan Moellenkamp
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 03-14-2013 at 02:00 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

One of my favourite apps for IOS 5, now fully IOS 6 compatible completes my iPhone jailbreak

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I used it mainly for the signatures for separate mail accounts which is now in iOS 6. Can it still be useful?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

How does it handle archiving vs deleting for Gmail inboxes? I feel that was the biggest thing that sucks about Apple's Mail.app which is why I use Gmail for iOS by Google. Not as good as Sparrow, (still the best, but no longer supported) but still better than stock Mail.app for Gmail users!

iPhone? More like MyPhone holyshnikes's Avatar
    Thanks

I miss the feature to give custom vibrations to each mail account. I loved having my work vibrate a few more times than my normal mail. That way I could tell right away if it was something important enough to check right away or not...

Thanks

i like the highlight feature.
    Last edited by cyberjunkyfreak; 03-14-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
    I miss the feature to give custom vibrations to each mail account. I loved having my work vibrate a few more times than my normal mail. That way I could tell right away if it was something important enough to check right away or not...
    You can do that with this tweak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone holyshnikes's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see how? I'm guessing it has to be in some rule? It use to be called priorities in the other version. This seems more complicated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I love this! Is there a 1-button "mark all messages read". That would be a killer feature.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
    I don't see how? I'm guessing it has to be in some rule? It use to be called priorities in the other version. This seems more complicated.
    it IS complicated, and you're right, it's a rule. set up a rule that any email with [fill in you email address] does [fill in notification scheme, which you set up separately]. I use custom vibes and sounds for each of my three accts.

it's a pain, but once it's set up, it works well.

Thanks

You can hold on delete or archive button (for gmails) to have delete/archive/cancel options in stock Mail.app.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I want one that will read the entire email to me, I used to have a service that would do this and it was very handy at times.

Thanks

and I just realized you can assign custom sounds and vibes to each mail account in settings/notifications. still like the other features though.