+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FDA Clears iPhone Heart Monitor

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default FDA Clears iPhone Heart Monitor

Hailed as a breakthrough in the emerging field of mHealth, the FDA has given a green light to AliveCorís new iPhone-based heart monitor.

It's available now to licensed medical professionals and prescribed patients.

The device maker says its monitor can record, display, store, and transfer single-channel electrocardiogram (ECG) rhythms. At times when patient care is urgent and consultation is out of reach, the readouts can be instantly sent to a physician.

AliveCorís Heart Monitor has been used in several clinical trials along with rigorous testing through numerous medical professionals and in many on-going studies at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, USCís Center for Body Computing, and other institutions. Abstracts were presented in 2012 at three major cardiology meetings, demonstrating usability, accuracy, and the ability to use the device for community screening.
    AliveCor, priced at $199, is compatible with the iPhone 4 and 4S. An iPhone 5 version is planned, but FDA approval will once again be required.

Source: AliveCor

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

mbout51677 (03-13-2013)

Thanks

I want one!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sweet! I'm an LMP. May be neat to use. Wonder if it's 12-lead... I would assume so....?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HomieG35 View Post
    Sweet! I'm an LMP. May be neat to use. Wonder if it's 12-lead... I would assume so....?
    Nope, appears to be Lead I only. It would be pretty impossible to obtain a 12 lead with the only points of contact being your fingers.