+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'AnyReminder' Improves iOS Notifications With Reminders

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 764 Posts

Default 'AnyReminder' Improves iOS Notifications With Reminders

Those of you looking to expand upon iOS notifications should check out a new jailbreak tweak called AnyReminder by iOS developer yeahwangy. AnyReminder adds a “Remind Me Later” feature to Mail, Safari, Messages, and notifications that appear on the lock screen. The Remind Me Later feature originally debuted in iOS 6 for incoming phone calls or FaceTime calls only.

From the lock screen, when you receive a notification, your Camera Grabber will transform into a notification grabber, as shown above. Pulling on the grabber will reveal an interface letting you dismiss or launch the notification, or asking to remind you later – you can choose to be reminded in one hour, or when you leave a location.

Dismiss will hide the notification from the lock screen and dim the lock screen, while launch will open the application the notification is for. When all of your lock screen notifications have been dismissed, your Camera Grabber will return to being a Camera Grabber and will no longer be a notification grabber.

The remind me later feature extends to the Mail application, allowing you to remind yourself about e-mails that you received so you can deal with them later. The same goes for Safari, for reminding you about Web pages, or Messages (also works with biteSMS) for reminding you about text messages or iMessages.

Because the tweak integrates with the Reminders application, the content of something that you ask to be reminded about later can be stored in the notes of a reminder in the Reminders application.

The developer includes the video demo below to help us understand what the tweak does:

For a mobile-friendly video link that works with our app, tap on the link below:

Video Link

The tweak comes with a preferences pane in the Settings application allowing you to configure the tweak's options:

From the preferences pane, you will be able to enable or disable the tweak for lock screen notifications, Mobile Safari pages, E-mails, or messages. You will also be able to enable or disable dimming the lock screen when dismissing a notification, choosing to delete nothing, the current item, or all items when you dismiss a notification from the lock screen, and you will be able to enable or disable a clear button.

AnyReminder definitely has the potential to make notifications more interactive for users, but its remind me later feature for Web sites is also a great idea because with this feature you can remind yourself to look at a Web page after you're no longer busy. The same goes for the notifications that you might ask to be reminded of later on.

If you want to grab AnyReminder, it's available in Cydia right now for $1.99.

Name: AnyReminder
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 1.0-3
    Requirements: iOS 6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: yeahwangy
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh man. I can really see myself using this feature. Looks like yeahwangy is about to get 2 bucks from me.

Thanks

Compatible with lockinfo?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does this also work for notifications that come in as Modal Alerts and not just banners?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    Compatible with lockinfo?
    Yes. I have lockinfo and it's working fine

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bisayakid07 For This Useful Post:

novadam (03-13-2013)

Thanks

sweet -- thanks.

Thanks

Useful, I'll get this installed right away now

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bisayakid07 View Post
    Yes. I have lockinfo and it's working fine
    Dang, I have LockInfo but my camera doesn't change to give me any options. Looking through other apps to see if something is affecting it as well. Actually, if I pull the camera up and then release it gives me the clear notifications option, but still no times to remind me later.
    Last edited by JbFaught; 03-14-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JbFaught View Post
    Dang, I have LockInfo but my camera doesn't change to give me any options. Looking through other apps to see if something is affecting it as well. Actually, if I pull the camera up and then release it gives me the clear notifications option, but still no times to remind me later.
    Ever figure this out? I can get the clear notifications red box to come up, but couldn't get the camera grabber icon to change or show the options to remind me later.

Only things I can think of that might affect it are ISX or Springtomize.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexyy81 View Post
    Ever figure this out? I can get the clear notifications red box to come up, but couldn't get the camera grabber icon to change or show the options to remind me later.

Still nothing. I have Springtomize but not ISX. I tried uninstalling Springtomize but still nothing. I've tried some other apps too but can't seem to make it work. Every other feature of this tweak works fine except the lockscreen part. Real bummers. I'll update if I find something, you do the same.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexyy81 View Post

No luck yet. Uninstalled Springtomize but that didn't work. Don't have ISX so not sure. Glad I'm not only one with issue. HOpefully the developer figures it out as well and updates.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I uninstalled ISX and it was working for me after that. Tough part is I can't live without ISX. ::sigh:: Sent both devs a message on Twitter but I doubt Intelliborn will worry about it.