Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TapTapPass - Gesture-based Passcode Toggle for iOS 6

Default TapTapPass - Gesture-based Passcode Toggle for iOS 6

TapTapPass is a unique gesture based toggle for enabling and disabling your passcode lock, developed by bd452.

Once you've set up your gesture for the toggle, you can begin your action and your device will lock thus enabling the Passcode Lock.

From this point on the passcode will stay enabled until. Once you unlock the device with your passcode, the passcode feature will automatically be turned off, at which point you can either leave it off or you can use the gesture you created to enable the passcode once again. If you do not wish to activate the passcode, you can use the standard sleep button to do a standard, no-password lock.

This can come in handy when you really only want to lock your phone when your out in public. This should save you some time in the long-run if you only need your device passcode enabled for certain time frames.

You can find TapTapPass on Cydia for free.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks cool. Thanks.

My pleasure. I never expected this to blow up so fast

Update: Fixed version submitted!
    Last edited by bd452; 03-13-2013 at 11:55 PM.

It's a great idea but it doesn't seem to work for me. Either that or I still don't understand how to properly use it.

Default Issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by bd452 View Post
    This is not working for me. I have a pass code enabled on my iPhone 5. I assigned the "anywhere" activator function of "push both vol buttons" to TapTapPass. I tap both vol button which I understand should re-enable the standard iOS lock feature . It is not working I can just slide my finger to unlock and it does not ask for my pass code. Pressing the standard sleep/wake button locks the screen but I can just slide to unlock and my passcode is not required. So basically TapTapPass seems to have disabled my pass code altogether. Yes I did reboot and disable the pass code I the iPhone settings and create a new pass code but still not working... Ideas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    It's a great idea but it doesn't seem to work for me. Either that or I still don't understand how to properly use it.
    It just toggles the passcode lock on/off with a gesture. So if you activate the passcode lock you'll have to enter in your passcode whenever you lock your device. Whenever you want to reuse a passcode lock,you just use the gesture again.
    Last edited by WithinTemptationFan; 03-12-2013 at 10:11 PM.

It may not be your app that is the issue it could be that I have some conflicting lock screen tweaks that are causing problems I have Lockinfo, unfold, subtle lock, and torch lock screen tweaks running. Maybe that is the issue. I will send you a class dump via email as you requested

I'd been waiting for someone else to post. It's not working for me either.

Downloaded TapTapPass, chose activator method, and launched gesture; it's just putting the phone to sleep. Pressing the home button just wakes the phone, no passcode necessary.

iPhone? More like MyPhone davesnothere11's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reyg25atx View Post
    It may not be your app that is the issue it could be that I have some conflicting lock screen tweaks that are causing problems I have Lockinfo, unfold, subtle lock, and torch lock screen tweaks running. Maybe that is the issue. I will send you a class dump via email as you requested
    I'm having same issues and I have subtle lock also.

If anyone is having issues where the tweak will not work at all, it seems to be exclusive to a few firmware versions and devices, so I'll push a fix soon

Edit:Fix pushed!
    Last edited by bd452; 03-13-2013 at 11:56 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bd452 For This Useful Post:

davesnothere11 (03-12-2013)

Default i am having problem with this
    If anyone is having issues where the tweak will not work at all, it seems to be exclusive to a few firmware versions and devices, so I'll push a fix soon
    it is not working for me..i don't have anything else on my lock screen. i installed this and set an activator action for it and it just disables the passcode..if u can fix this issue,,heck, i'll even pay to have this tweak..but i m glad it is free

I can't wait for this tweak to work. I wanted a tweak like this for a while now. No need to have a passcode when sitting at home and we all know its a pain to turn it on and off through settings.

Only things i have on my lock screen are forecast and music control swipes.
    Last edited by hinds90; 03-13-2013 at 05:06 AM.

How can i change my passcode after i don't like what i enter and want to change to more protect passcode.

Doesn't work for me either . Just puts my device to sleep and has disabled passcode altogether

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Those that this doesn't work for: have you tried setting the timer to the "Require Passcode" field (in the "Passcode Lock" section of the "General" section) to "Immediately"? I initially had my iPhone 5 set to password protect after 1 minute of being locked, and it didn't password lock it when using the activator method to lock it (I assume that it would lock after 1 minute in this case), but after changing the delay interval to "Immediately", TapTapPass works exactly as it was intended.
    Anyway, one thing I would like is to have the sleep button trigger what this does (i.e. passwording locking it, like usual), while an activator-controlled locking method would cause no password protection. In other words, reversing the controls. This way, you won't forget and accidentally lock it the regular way while in public, only to be super unlucky and have it stolen at that time. But that's probably much harder to do, especially with how this is implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
    Those that this doesn't work for: have you tried setting the timer to the "Require Passcode" field (in the "Passcode Lock" section of the "General" section) to "Immediately"? I initially had my iPhone 5 set to password protect after 1 minute of being locked, and it didn't password lock it when using the activator method to lock it (I assume that it would lock after 1 minute in this case), but after changing the delay interval to "Immediately", TapTapPass works exactly as it was intended.
    Isn't having Passcode Lock set to immediately effectively just make this app another way of putting your iPhone to sleep via activator? How does it have it function exactly as it was intended?

Still not working for me, after update.
    Last edited by severe; 03-14-2013 at 06:35 PM. Reason: borked

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

TapTapPass is meant to give users the ability to control whether a passcode is needed or not to unlock the device when you lock it.
    When you set it to "Immediately", locking the device the regular way would cause no need for a password, whereas locking it using an activator method assigned to TapTapPass would require a password (even if you were to immediately try to unlock it), thus the point of the tweak. If the delay timer is still set to something else, then even with TapTapPass, you'll still need to wait pass the delay amount after locking the device for it to password protect the device, which beats the purpose of this.

But I don't know if you, or anyone else having problems with this, are still having problems even after trying this. I'm just mentioning this for those that have their problems stemming from not having the delay set to "Immediately".

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
    TapTapPass is meant to give users the ability to control whether a passcode is needed or not to unlock the device when you lock it.
    When you set it to "Immediately", locking the device the regular way would cause no need for a password, whereas locking it using an activator method assigned to TapTapPass would require a password (even if you were to immediately try to unlock it), thus the point of the tweak. If the delay timer is still set to something else, then even with TapTapPass, you'll still need to wait pass the delay amount after locking the device for it to password protect the device, which beats the purpose of this.

But I don't know if you, or anyone else having problems with this, are still having problems even after trying this. I'm just mentioning this for those that have their problems stemming from not having the delay set to "Immediately".
    I've set mine to immediate but it just puts my device to sleep and doesn't lock the device after multiple attempts

iPhone? More like MyPhone davesnothere11's Avatar
    Thanks

Yay! Works for me now after the new update.

Thanks for a cool tweak!

Quote Originally Posted by davesnothere11 View Post
    Yay! Works for me now after the new update.

Thanks for a cool tweak!
    Same here ! Working great for me now too after the update👍😁

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast