+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TapTapPass - Gesture-based Passcode Toggle for iOS 6

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
My Passcode Lock is set for 15 minutes, as usual. Activator set for TapTapPass with Double Tap of Status Bar. Still not working with latest update. Tapping the Status Bar
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My Passcode Lock is set for 15 minutes, as usual. Activator set for TapTapPass with Double Tap of Status Bar. Still not working with latest update.

Tapping the Status Bar still just puts the phone to sleep without asking for the passcode on wake.

iPhone? More like MyPhone davesnothere11's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by severe View Post
    My Passcode Lock is set for 15 minutes, as usual. Activator set for TapTapPass with Double Tap of Status Bar. Still not working with latest update.

Tapping the Status Bar still just puts the phone to sleep without asking for the passcode on wake.
    Just to get the obvious out of the way.

Have you double tapped the status bar AND waited 16 min to see if you needed a pass code? The double tap works for me but my pass code is set to immediate.

Also works for me if I set a delay on the pass code if I wait longer than the delay.
    Last edited by davesnothere11; 03-17-2013 at 01:41 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davesnothere11 View Post
    Just to get the obvious out of the way...
    Thanks.

I've double tapped and waited, at which point I did need the passcode. And the double tap does work if and when I change the lock to immediately.

HOWEVER, this effectively renders this application useless. Please open Activator and choose Sleep Button for Double Tap. Go ahead and perform what we've just gone over and then please explain to me the difference between that stock Activator function and TapTapPass.

I'd been under the impression that what this app offered was a way to instantly enter the Passcode Lock, by bypassing my usual 15 minutes. That is not working, for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by severe View Post
    Thanks.

I've double tapped and waited, at which point I did need the passcode. And the double tap does work if and when I change the lock to immediately.

HOWEVER, this effectively renders this application useless. Please open Activator and choose Sleep Button for Double Tap. Go ahead and perform what we've just gone over and then please explain to me the difference between that stock Activator function and TapTapPass.

I'd been under the impression that what this app offered was a way to instantly enter the Passcode Lock, by bypassing my usual 15 minutes. That is not working, for me.
    I am the creator of this tweak, and I have to say I am rather insulted by you saying that it is useless. However, I'll try and help you anyways.

Here's the problem:
    The regular Activator action doesn't do anything with your passcode. When you set the timer to immediately and use the regular sleep function (with TapTapPass installed), the passcode doesn't turn on. When you use the TapTapPass gesture the passcode does turn on. By having a delay set, you bypass the tweak, rendering it useless.

Basically, with it set to immediately, the passcode will always be off unless you use the gesture.
    Last edited by bd452; 03-21-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bd452 View Post
    I am the creator of this tweak, and I have to say I am rather insulted by you saying that it is useless...
    Mr. Sensitivity,

So you must remember to launch your app, because the phone won't lock otherwise? What's the point? Why not just not install your app, set the timer to immediately, then use the regular sleep function? Is the app just another option for those with a buggy sleep button?

If you'd read my entire post you'd noticed I was looking for help, indicated by the thanks I'd given the previous poster. And that I believed the app useless based on my then impression on how your app functioned. You'd then notice I'd specifically mentioned the app wasn't working for me.
    Last edited by severe; 03-22-2013 at 07:42 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Sorry for coming off as rude.

To clarify, the device will still lock normally, the purpose of this is to allow you to toggle the device password.

This app goes through activator, and it specifically allows you to toggle the passcode on the device; It can still lock normally, but the app only enables the passcode when the specified gesture is used.

The purpose is to provide a convenient way to enable-disable the passcode on-demand.

Example- If you have the gesture set to Double-Tapping the Sleep button:

- If you press the sleep button, the device will lock without a passcode Even if the passcode is enabled.

- If you use the gesture (in this case, double-tapping the sleep button), the device will lock with the passcode set in the standard settings pane.

Again, sorry for coming off a bit rude, and I hope I have helped.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What a great idea, a PASSCODE TOGGLE essentially.

I installed this tweek today and can't get it to work. I have an iPhone 4 on IOS 5.1.1, passcode turned on, with immediately lock enabled and using 'double tap status bar' in activator for activation of taptappass. When I lock the phone via double tap status bar (using taptappass) it locks and requires a passcode.. thats okay, but then when I lock the device using the lock button it still asks for a passcode?

If I disable the passcode (under general settings) it doesn't ask for a passcode if I use the lock button or if I double tap status bar to activate taptappass.

My understanding was that it would only ask for a passcode if I used the taptappass activation method and then it would disable my passcode untill i reused the taptappass activation method. With the passcode enabled, It asks for the passcode no matter what I do?

Thank you for all your hard work, I hope you can help me sort this out because this is a much needed tweek!!
    Last edited by helloki; 04-04-2013 at 07:01 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Unfortunately, the tweak does not support iOS 5, sorry for the inconvenience. If I could make it compatible, I could, however, the method I use to change the passcode isn't preset in iOS 5. Thank you for the interest, nonetheless.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12