+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable Landscape Mode in the Settings App With 'Settings Rotator'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Enable Landscape Mode in the Settings App With 'Settings Rotator'

Those of you that enjoy holding your iPhone or iPod touch in landscape orientation because of the wider display view are out of luck when it comes to opening the Settings application.

The good news is there’s a new free jailbreak tweak called Settings Rotator by iOS developer Daniel Taub that allows you to go into landscape orientation from the Settings application on an iPhone or iPod touch just like the iPad. This allows the Settings application to freely rotate from portrait to landscape and vice versa depending on how you hold the device.

As you rotate the Settings application into landscape mode, all of the content of the application will be expanded to fit the whole width of the display. Nothing is left at the same width of portrait orientation when you move to landscape orientation.

Unlocking landscape mode in the Settings application is definitely a niche feature, being that there’s no real need to be in landscape orientation in the Settings application, however it’s just another free way to give you more options over Apple’s controlling ways.

Settings Rotator comes with no options to configure. If you're interested, you can download Settings Rotator right now from the BigBoss repository in Cydia.

Name: Settings Rotator
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Daniel Taub
    Editor's Rating: / 2.5/5

iPhone? More like MyPhone thekirbylover's Avatar
    Thanks

This is stolen from a Flex patch by myself ("Landscape Settings"), just FYI.

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thekirbylover View Post
    good to see Devs standing up for their creations

Pirate Monkey Ninja, M.D. Chaotic Buddhist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 798 Posts

Then I know which one to actually download!

yours.

Developer
    Thanks

Stolen!
    Because there's DEFINITELY not prior art on hooking -[UIViewController shouldAutorotateToInterfaceOrientation:]. Heavens no.

iPhone? More like MyPhone thekirbylover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DHowett View Post
    Stolen!
    Because there's DEFINITELY not prior art on hooking -[UIViewController shouldAutorotateToInterfaceOrientation:]. Heavens no.
    I don't really care about the code because as you said it's just one trivial hook (returning YES to -[PSViewController shouldAutorotateToInterfaceOrientation:]) - Optimo even offered to remove the tweak from BigBoss and I declined. My point was that this tweak appeared only a few days after Landscape Settings. Coincidence? I think not.