+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Compose' Adds E-mail and Text Message Composition Buttons to Notification Center

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'Compose' Adds E-mail and Text Message Composition Buttons to Notification Center

Apple did a great job with iOS 6 by adding the quick composition buttons to Notification Center for Twitter and Facebook, but why not for other things that we use all the time?

A new free add-on for Notification Center called Compose by iOS developer ravirajm adds two iOS 6-style composition buttons to Notification Center for composing e-mails and composing text messages.

When tapping on the “New Mail” button, an e-mail sheet will appear over Notification Center allowing the user to write an e-mail. Tapping on the “New Message” button will launch the Messages application so the user can start composing a new text message or iMessage.

Because the Compose widget is designed to look like the iOS 6 share widget, it looks like a stock feature. Because the add-on is technically a widget, users can easily enable and disable the widget by visiting the Notifications preferences pane in the Settings application. You will need to go here to enable the widget after initially installing the add-on.

Compose is also fully compatible with Tap to Note and Tap to Remind, as shown below:

Compose is completely free in Cydia's ModMyi repository, so if you were looking for a widget like this, you can go and grab it right now.

Name: Compose
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: ravirajm
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Any respring problems? I know I used to use immediate send but it would cause the device to respring after a couple uses. Thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I would love a tweek that removes the notification from the messaging app when I "Clear" the text messages in the notification center...seriously don't understand why that isn't stock

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcon1208 View Post
    I would love a tweek that removes the notification from the messaging app when I "Clear" the text messages in the notification center...seriously don't understand why that isn't stock
    Lockinfo will do that.

On another note the dev that created this weeapp plugin will be adding gmail.app compatibility in the next update.

Thanks

this is a good one. looks 100% native and works perfectly. works with bitesms btw.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

They should come out with a tweak that combines all of them together

Thanks

i cant get this to work

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

wow how cool !! hope it works and I agree with SJT would be nice

thanks developers !!! and please keep them coming !!
    Having a ball with my jailbreak,, missed it soooo bad that I will never ever upgrade to any higher models of apple
    phones until the jailbreak is out there

"The Original Modsta" _Vansmak_'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,868 Times in 1,227 Posts

Nice tweak. I spend a lot of time on nc. I use bulletin tweak to have nc be my lock default as well. Unfortunately the stick share widget for twitter/fb doesn't work from the ls via the NCAA because the keyboard stays hidden.

This tweak works well though. The only problem is the messages stays open. Unlike the mail compose that returns back to the nc. I like that better.

Quote Originally Posted by inurse View Post
    i cant get this to work
    If its not showing in settings/notifications try a reboot. I had to

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Buttons showing up at the end of notices
    I have installed this however the New Mail and New Message buttons are not directly under the default Tap to Tweet or Tap to Post buttons but rather on the very bottom. Whats happening is as I get incoming alerts they just get pushed to the bottom and I have to scroll down my messages to get to the new icons making it un attractive so uninstalling till this get fixed

"The Original Modsta" _Vansmak_'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,868 Times in 1,227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bada_bing View Post
    I have installed this however the New Mail and New Message buttons are not directly under the default Tap to Tweet or Tap to Post buttons but rather on the very bottom. Whats happening is as I get incoming alerts they just get pushed to the bottom and I have to scroll down my messages to get to the new icons making it un attractive so uninstalling till this get fixed
    Seriously? Just go into settings-notifications-edit mode and change the order. Move it up

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bada_bing View Post
    Haha, this guy is just trolling right?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't have the twitter and facebook icons in my NC, not that I'd want them. I'm running iOS6 now on my 4S. I don't see them anywhere to enable them in the settings.

I just downloaded this tweak. I think it will come in handy.
    Last edited by ABOSWORTH; 03-14-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    I don't have the twitter and facebook icons in my NC, not that I'd want them. I'm running iOS6 now on my 4S. I don't see them anywhere to enable them in the settings.

I just downloaded this tweak. I think it will come in handy.
    There are two places that you might look to enable them. First thing is to make sure that you are logged into Facebook or twitter (not sure if you have to have the apps installed already. They would be located right below Camera & Photos in settings. Once logged in you can find the "Share" widget in notification settings.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    There are two places that you might look to enable them. First thing is to make sure that you are logged into Facebook or twitter (not sure if you have to have the apps installed already. They would be located right below Camera & Photos in settings. Once logged in you can find the "Share" widget in notification settings.
    Well that solves that. LOL. Since I have neither, that's why I don't see it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    Well that solves that. LOL. Since I have neither, that's why I don't see it.
    You should have the Twitter and Facebook in settings. Once logged in there the share widget would be enabled. If you only log into Facebook then Facebook would only be part of the share widget and vice versa. It was part of the iOS 6 update and not specific to the iPhone 5.

Thanks

I just did the update in cydia and now this tweak is freaking out. The message works but if I try to create an email with the tweak, it won't switch to landscape and it keeps locking my phone when I use the keyboard. It also bypasses the lockscreen. I'm gonna have to delete this for now.

Not sure if its the update or a combination with another one of my mods. Can someone else try it and see if you have the same issues?