Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Adjust Brightness Easily Using Activator With 'Brightivator'

Default Adjust Brightness Easily Using Activator With 'Brightivator'

Simply put: iOS needs a better, faster way to adjust the display brightness. Fumbling with the Settings application's preference panes takes up too much time.

Apple take note, a new free jailbreak tweak called Brightivator by iOS developer Daniel Taub will make it simple to adjust the screen brightness with a simple Activator action invoked from anywhere.

Two separate Activator actions are chosen for decreasing the display brightness and increasing the display brightness. Two good actions we thought worked well were double-tap the left side of the Status Bar to decrease the display brightness, and double-tap the right side of the Status Bar to increase the display brightness.

As you increase or decrease the display brightness, a brightness HUD (heads up display) will appear showing you the brightness level in real time as you adjust the display brightness, similarly to how the volume HUD shows the volume level as you adjust it.

Brightivator is sure to come in handy for some – if you’re interested in grabbing it, it’s available for free in Cydia right now!

Name: Brightivator
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Daniel Taub
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Theres other brightness tweaks right?

Quote Originally Posted by CrAcKzZZ View Post
    Theres other brightness tweaks right?
    The one most similar to this is Brightness Activator Action. The only differences are that it doesn't display a brightness HUD and you can select the amount you want it to change the brightness by. I've switched to this one for now.

Activator to popup the HUD, then using volume buttons to adjust would be a better implementation

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    The one most similar to this is Brightness Activator Action. The only differences are that it doesn't display a brightness HUD and you can select the amount you want it to change the brightness by. I've switched to this one for now.
    I've used that, but i like how this has a HUD so i think ill use this

Quote Originally Posted by interstink View Post
    Activator to popup the HUD, then using volume buttons to adjust would be a better implementation
    Yea agreed.

Green Apple Jamesandthegiantkeg's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know about this one but I'm using brightvol & the other activator one mentioned in this thread, but in iOS 6, if I change the brightness using one of those two tweaks, it gets reset to what it was before when I lock the screen.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have always used Brightness Activator Action and I think it's way better. Why would I want the HUD to cover what I'm trying to see? Brightness Activator Action lets you choose the increment. Then you can configure two separate activator actions.

I swipe the status bar right or left to increase or decrease brightness. If I'm in a fullscreen app, I pull-down the notification center, adjust the brightness by swiping the status bar, then dismiss the notification center.

Easy.

After i installed this tweak and tried to play a couple of games like gems with friends and bejeweled blitz they kept closing right after they would open. Uninstalled it now they work again. Not sure if that was the actual problem but it certainly was the solution.

fine tweak, thanks.