+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Private Space' Allows You to Disable iOS 6 Sharing Features You Don't Use

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'Private Space' Allows You to Disable iOS 6 Sharing Features You Don't Use

If youíre rocking iOS 6, but you donít really use Facebook, Twitter, or other social sharing features through the share menu in iOS 6, you can now have the ability to easily enable and disable these social sharing features through a new free jailbreak tweak called Private Space by iOS developer Merlin.

Private Space comes in handy when you want to reduce clutter in the iOS 6 share menu and only display the things that matter to you. The tweak can enable or disable the following social sharing features in iOS 6:

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Mail
    • Vimeo
    • Flickr
    • Photo Stream
    • Sina Weibo
    • Youku
    • Tudou
    • Some others

All of the sharing features that you want to enable or disable can be set from the preferences pane in the Settings application:

Apart from disabling certain features individually, users can also select certain applications to hide certain sharing features from. For example, if you share photos to Facebook, but not Web sites, you can keep the Facebook sharing feature in the Photos application and hide it from the Mobile Safari share menu.

Private Space is available as a free download in Cydia right now.

Name: Private Space
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iOS 6
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Merlin
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Thanks
    Thanked 1,692 Times in 836 Posts

Very nice! Goodbye Print, so long ugly Facebook button that won't theme, and farewell useless Add To Reading List button.

I kinda wish there was a tweak to disable every last 'feature' I don't use or will ever use. I'd probably disable 9/10ths of iOS!
    Last edited by Jahooba; 03-12-2013 at 12:52 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

primalscream.40 (03-12-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me ProfessorJack's Avatar
    Thanks

I Agree with that
    This should have been added from apple
    No dough apple are looking at all these tweaks they might add some in some time later

Thanks

I use the message and Facebook l the time so I don't need this tweak,my only beef is why can't the Facebook and twitter in on be themed?? >:-(

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

I still see the Facebook icon when I try to share a flight from "Flight Track Pro" app. What am I doing wrong?

I tried to upload a pic but the app won't let me.

So disappointed with the ModMyi app. I spent $3 for an ad-free experience but this app needs a LOT of work.