Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weekly Tweak Recap Mar. 4 - Mar. 10

Default Weekly Tweak Recap Mar. 4 - Mar. 10

In case you've missed out on the new jailbreak tweaks Cydia has seen, this recap will highlight the tweaks we've shown you this week. These are in no specific order.

1. Flusterless – FREE

Flusterless is a clean and simple jailbreak tweak for adding a nice-looking Do Not Disturb toggle to the lock screen. Just pull on the grabber to enable or disable Do Not Disturb mode. As you pull on the toggle and release, the tweak also has a neat animation that can be appreciated. Check it out!

2. DirectionBar – FREE

DirectionBar adds a simple compass icon to the Status Bar that will point you in the Northern direction no matter where you are in iOS. The icon is themable, and comes with 9 icons to choose from by default. It can be a battery killer because it’s constantly pulling your location, but it’s still cool.

3. FaceDetectionVideo4S – FREE

FaceDetectionVideo4S allows iPhone 4S users to enable face detection while shooting video. By default, face detection is only available on the iPhone 4S when snapping pictures.

4. CustomGrid 2 – 99

CustomGrid 2 is a More Icons competitor for iOS 6 that allows users to select the amount of rows and columns of application icons they want on their home screen, in their folders, in their dock, and in their App Switcher. Users can also opt to hide the page dots at the bottom of the home screen, and choose the spacing they want in between application icons.

5. MultiDock – $1.99

MultiDock is a new jailbreak tweak that lets the user add even more icons to their dock. Users can select the amount of rows that they want, and then choose the amount of applications per row.

6. Flashorama – FREE

Flashorama is a new jailbreak tweak allowing users to enable the camera flash during panorama mode to help take better pictures in low-light situations. The tweak only works with panorama mode-capable devices like the iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, and iPod touch 5G.

7. Awake Speech – FREE

Awake Speech is an interesting new jailbreak tweak allowing the user to have their iOS device speak to them after snoozing or dismissing their alarm. Users can pick what the device will say, how many times it will be repeated, and the language code. The tweak uses the same voice engine Siri uses, and it's great for getting a morning greeting from your iPhone in the morning!

8. SelectiveReading – 99

SelectiveReading is a useful new jailbreak tweak that expands on Apple’s read receipt feature for iOS’ iMessage. The tweak will let you choose to send a send receipt every time someone sends you an iMessage, never, or ask you if you want to send a read receipt every time you get an iMessage. You can also enable the read receipt feature for specific contacts. This is a pretty useful teak for those that like iMessage and enjoy the read receipt feature, but feel some people don’t need to be notified when you read their messages, while some do.

9. LastPic – FREE

LastPic is a handy new jailbreak tweak that adds a “Use Last Photo Taken” option to the Messages’ camera button. This feature stacks above the Choose Existing button and the Take Photo or Video button.

10. In A Minute – FREE

In A Minute is a simple jailbreak tweak that removes the silly five-minute increment limitation in the Reminders application. The tweak allows the user to select minutes at increments of one, which allows for more flexibility with reminders.

11. PodSwitcher – $1.49

PodSwitcher adds a useful music interface to the App Switcher, which lets the user browse through their music library. The interface is expandable and collapsible with the PodSwitcher button in the App Switcher, and it works with popular tweaks like Auxo and Zephyr. The interface includes not only a song-picker, but also Tweet buttons for sharing what you’re listening to, fast-forward and rewind buttons, shuffle button, search button, and more. Users can also choose the animation they want for the cover flow.

12. CalliFy – FREE

CalliFy is a simple tweak allowing the user to change the default text of the call button in the iPhone’s Phone application without needing to SSH. Originally 99, this tweak is now free and open source.

13. Gridlock 2 – $4.99

Gridlock 2 is the iOS 6-compatible version of the popular Gridlock tweak that allows users to place application icons anywhere they want to on the home screen. It removes the auto-fill feature that iOS has when users move an application icon, and allows them to create home screen designs that work well for themes. While new users need to pay $4.99 to buy this tweak, those that own the original Gridlock can upgrade for $1.99.

Stay tuned for next week's Weekly Tweak Recap - only on ModMyi!

If you missed our previous Weekly Tweak Recap, you can view it from this link.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 03-10-2013 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Added Gridlock 2 for iOS 6

There was only like 2 tweaks that came out this week and like 4 this month that were actually useful. People need to start making good, useful tweaks for either free or cheaper. They are ridiculous this year. Everyone wants ridiculous amounts of cash for stupid ideas. PodSwitcher should be free in my opinion. It's like one feature just stolen from Music Controls Pro 6.0+. I payed good money on Music Controls to have a ton of features (smart idea). I don't know why people would spend so much money on one feature (stupid idea). The devs this year need to get real.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    There was only like 2 tweaks that came out this week and like 4 this month that were actually useful. People need to start making good, useful tweaks for either free or cheaper. They are ridiculous this year. Everyone wants ridiculous amounts of cash for stupid ideas. PodSwitcher should be free in my opinion. It's like one feature just stolen from Music Controls Pro 6.0+. I payed good money on Music Controls to have a ton of features (smart idea). I don't know why people would spend so much money on one feature (stupid idea). The devs this year need to get real.
    Well if you feel strongly about this maybe you should get off your duff and code your own tweaks. Then you can control how features it has and price it as you see fit. Don't want or know how to code then buy or ignore the ones you say are over priced. No one is asking you to buy them.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crystus For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (03-10-2013), EdgeNsketch (03-11-2013), novadam (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    I couldn't agree more.

Direction bar kept laggin my phone,
    That alarm one that speaks was good.
    Ipodswitxher is dope... Maybe shud be priced 99c but I enjoy the tweak highly. Umm what else ... Welcome tithe land of do it yourself if you're not satisfied ...

Thanks guys for continuously making us tweaks. Some
    May be over prices but that's not on them, that's on us to buy or not.

Also thanks modmyi for keeping us upto date

Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 893 Posts

Wow Gridlock didnt even make the top 12. Good week for tweaks!

Thanks

Agreed. And i know no one is asking me to buy these tweaks but i also know the devs who made it possible for you to sell your tweaks dont ask for anything more then a donation......just saying. Also i dont mean to sound like a jerk or anything but if you are relying on a tweak to pay your bills, Mcdonalds is always hiring.

Quote Originally Posted by vuman23 View Post
    Agreed. And i know no one is asking me to buy these tweaks but i also know the devs who made it possible for you to sell your tweaks dont ask for anything more then a donation......just saying. Also i dont mean to sound like a jerk or anything but if you are relying on a tweak to pay your bills, Mcdonalds is always hiring.
    Same can be said to you. If a couple dollars is keeping you from paying your bills, Mcdonalds is always hiring.

Entitlement issues in this generation^, is part of why our economy is in the crapper .

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-11-2013), novadam (03-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Gridlock should have made top 12. Def excited me when it came out

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I would say Gridlock 2 should be on the list, but then I remember that there's an upgrade fee...even for those who have previously purchased the tweak. Pretty lame! If it were $.99 then it would be a bit better...but it's not.

you didn't mean to sound like a jerk, but you do. who died and appointed you The Grand Arbiter Of Which Jobs Are Okay To Hold?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to novadam For This Useful Post:

Pinoy (03-10-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I love "Awake Speech" I can load various insults into it.

But the thing I am waiting for is for the guy who made SiriScope to make it iOS 6 friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion, I will add it, however this isn't a "top tweaks" list. This is only a list of what came out this week.

I missed Gridlock 2, sorry about that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Same can be said to you. If a couple dollars is keeping you from paying your bills, Mcdonalds is always hiring.

Entitlement issues in this generation^, is part of why our economy is in the crapper .

The only issue relevant to "entitlement" is that it is a made up word. I've paid into social security since I was 16, so I expect it to be there when I need it. The only people who the word "entitled" can be applied to are those who are misusing the word now, and they don't know what it means so they apply it to something they know nothing about :/

Did you steal that quote from the Paul Ryan or John Boehner play book? This generation has no entitlement problem this is the generation of common sense and while there are still quite a bit of people listening to the spoon fed propaganda from their corporate slave masters about balanced budgets and entitlements for the most part people see what's REALLY going on. BIG banks that were too big to fail ended up being too big to jail while the poor get poorer the rich offer a solution of plague and pestilence.
    As for the economy we're not at full employment nor will we ever be but the last time I checked unemployment has been on a steady decline and Wall Street is recording record highs day after day. Note: "Record Highs" while we discuss giving granny and pappy a social security cut and a voucher for healthcare. So go spew your vile accusatory disinformation somewhere that people believe it!
    Last edited by bradmullins007; 03-10-2013 at 05:46 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

Them some fightin' words right there :-p

Thanks

You're an idiot get a real job. You are the kind of idiot who after you read this post will probably try to find out where I live..... Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    you didn't mean to sound like a jerk, but you do. who died and appointed you The Grand Arbiter Of Which Jobs Are Okay To Hold?
    Jesus

Jesus
    LOL well played

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

I say way git back on topic or infractions will drop mmmmkay thank you

Thanks

Sorry 2k1 back to topic... I have been looking for something like pod switcher so I will definitely buy this tweak. Any known glitches?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast