Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPhone 6 Concept Features a 4.8-inch Edge-to-Edge Display

Thanks

The push to click screen failed miserably with the Blackberry Storm. It just made it a pain in the ***.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Now that is a sexy iphone worth getting.

Quote Originally Posted by armypunk2003 View Post
    Not really sure why this rumor keeps going around when Tim cook himself squashed it by saying "our screen size is perfect" at there earnings call when a reporter asked if we will see a wider screen. Personally the whole reason I have an iPhone is because of how nice it fits in my hand. They get rid of that ill prolly go with a different phone. I laugh like hell every time I see someone talking on what could be considered a tablet lol.
    And they prob laugh at you watching videos on a tiny screen....and considering all other phones seem to be going to a bigger screen what phone would you switch too....the iPhone is too small for my fat fingers.....Apple need to realise not everyone has the same size hands...lol

I dont want it taller id like to see it a bit wider so edge to edge would be ok i just feel it could use the keyboard on it better

Awful design S;

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple will continue to sell out their devices within 2 days of release no matter what..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Colin9001 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (03-10-2013)

Edge to edge is not a smart idea. It's great looking yes but edge to edge takes away any kind of protection for the device. One fall on any corner or side will still crack the screen. And forget about cases like otter box because they will either cover part of the screen or else be much bulkier then normal. If there is a way to do it right I'd like to see it because to me it's gonna destroy phones being protectable. Even bumpers take up part of the screen on edge to edge.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colin9001 View Post
    Apple will continue to sell out their devices within 2 days of release no matter what..
    Exactly, they make a good product with a universal OS. There were over 4000 different models of phones running Android as of May 2012 each with a different version of the OS because every manufacturer does their own tweaking to it. I will buy an iPhone again because of the developer base for apps and their phones work and last more than a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by IChi1d View Post
    Hey edge to edge means must have a case, looking forward for better scratch resistance outer body, will they up the ram to 128gigs and 256gigs my 64gig is nice but close to s fill up for journalists that does video on the go for weeks.
    Computers don't even have 128 GB of RAM. I think you mean storage.

~

On a more related note, this design is incredibly ugly. Apple would not go ahead with this because it would step too far away from the traditional look of the already existing iDevices (i.e. the home button is a staple)
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-10-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Id bet some $$ apple is going for edge to edge on the 6.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorJack View Post
    I don't like the back if its the same stuff of the iPad mini finger prints are left and there hard to remove I sold my mini,
    the front of the phone is spot on
    Is the power button round the side ?
    No, they said the bottom where the button is now, will be a clicker like the mouse for the Macbook. Illustrated in the picture you can see how the bottom doesn't have a button or on the sides.

Quote Originally Posted by emilliondollars View Post
    Now that is a sexy iphone worth getting.
    Yeah I like it too. If they reduce the radius at the corners the screen could go more edge to edge on all sides. But they then have to find how to implement the mic and speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohand View Post
    Apple hardware advancement is not the problem. They generally do a great job. iOS advancement on the other hand suuuuuuxs!! Still sporting that old windows 3.1 icon driven interface, and 6 years later there is still a clock bar on the lock screen? Really Apple? (All the while others move to usable active panels and glance info widgets, not to mention Samsung's purported "eye ball scrolling" for the pending GS IV). Steal, er, integrate more jailbreak tweaks if you have to ;^) just move iOS along already. And hey, the Roman Empire was mighty once. Sayin...
    I think the statement you are making here is pretty accurate. Apple has become far too comfortable with their position, considering the driven success that iOS has had over the smartphone and tablet industry. However, with the dwindling marketshare that Apple has been facing, and increase popularity amongst Android handsets (especially Samsung), it is time for Apple to seduce us into a handset that rises above all others again, and I am not talking about an iWatch.

I would love it if apple would make a phone that large, or label it the inote, and keep the phone the same. So everyone wins!! Wishful thinking

I truly hope to God Apple goes this route (yeah! right! I wish). That's my dream iphone in both size and design, also the 4.8 inch screen is the sweet spot for me...anything bigger is way too big for a phone. But!!!!!! I know Apple will not comply as usual. Also I hope they go with Sharp's IGZIO display tech and gorilla glass 3.
    Last edited by swifty7; 03-11-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Thanks

They will just say the new phone is "edge to edge" like that Motorola RAZR. But it will still have a bezel on the sides of the screen. A true edge to edge device would be way to delicate and all the people who already go through a phone every 3 months would be getting a new phone weekly. My phones look like they just came out of the box after I have been using them for 2yrs and I still don't want edge to edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibkoool View Post
    It's about time Apple get on board with a larger screen on the iPhone, screen real estate is a premium these days. Edge to edge display may be a problem for aftermarket cases, and then again, may be not.
    That was my thought as well. I know a select few like to use their iPhones without a case, but I can't stand not having one.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuanyu View Post
    Looks like HTC one :/
    By the way, where's the home button?
    You didn't read the article did you? This concept features a clickable screen...much like the clickable trackpad on current Macbook Pros.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bhp41 View Post
    100% disagree. Apple needs to do what they have been. The design of the 5 is great. These monster phones are fads and will fade away. I mean really, a 5.5 inch screen!?!?!? My Galaxy Nexus has too large a screen. The iPhone has it right.
    100% agree. I love my iPhone 5, and I think it's the biggest apple will go with. When Tim said "there's a perfect size of screen and I believe we've got it" I think he was referring to the iPhone 5. It's sleek, thin, and gorgeous!
    More Koolaid please!!

Only thing I wish apple would do is actually make the device a true 8,16,32,64 gb device. I know system memory and all that takes up space but u can only hope....oh yea make it a inch wider...

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    I truly hope to God Apple goes this route (yeah! right! I wish). That's my dream iphone in both size and design, also the 4.8 inch screen is the sweet spot for me...anything bigger is way too big for a phone. But!!!!!! I know Apple will not comply as usual. Also I hope they go with Sharp's IGZIO display tech and gorilla glass 3.
    as nice as that mockup is (except for the back, that's not Apple style for the iPhone) don't expect Apple to go this route totally. Apple dropping the button on the front is like Samsung dropping all of its keys on the bottom of their front screens and going the Nexus (button-less route) style; never going to happen because most customers arent like us, they need object to really on.

UNLESS........... they brilliantly (and this is a stretch) went Paranoid Android PIE mode with that style of mockup which would be insane VID_20130122_194147.mp4 - YouTube

Either way as stated earlier Apple will sell their inventory within the 1st 2 days, so it doesnt truly matter what we think, even if we are always right.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast