+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'PodSwitcher' is a Nifty Jailbreak Tweak for Music-Lovers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Those of you that listen to music on your iOS devices with the stock Music application might want to check out a new jailbreak tweak called PodSwitcher by iOS developers
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'PodSwitcher' is a Nifty Jailbreak Tweak for Music-Lovers

Those of you that listen to music on your iOS devices with the stock Music application might want to check out a new jailbreak tweak called PodSwitcher by iOS developers Akhil Tolani and Jeremy Dana. PodSwitcher is a new eye-candy music interface that you can access from almost anywhere.

The tweak adds a fully-featured music browser to your App Switcher, and it’s fully compatible with Zephyr and Auxo! Through the music browser, you can browse your songs, albums, artists, and playlists via the navigation buttons at the top. Your album art is displayed with a Cover Flow effect with several animations you can choose from, and there are options right under the artwork in addition to the App Switcher's stock music controls.

The interface shows you the album name, song name, and artist name, and lets you Tweet about the song you’re listening to, fast forward or rewind the song, shuffle, search your music, and more. The whole PodSwitcher interface is easily opened and closed by tapping on the PodSwitcher label at the top of the App Switcher.

After installing the tweak, you will find some options you can configure in the Settings application. You can enable and disable the tweak on demand, choose an album artwork animation, choose the default music type view, enable and disable album artwork reflections, and adjust the darkness of the interface:

The different animations you can choose from for the album artwork include:

• Coverflow
    • Linear
    • Cylinder
    • Rotary
    • Time Machine
    • Wheel

Also, you can choose for the interface to show any of the following music display types by default:

• Songs
    • Albums
    • Artists
    • Playlists

PodSwitcher is unfortunately not yet compatible with the iPad, and doesn't work with iTunes Match just yet. On the other hand, it works on any iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 6.0 or later. Also, as stated before, it works with popular tweaks like Auxo and Zephyr, so you won't have to give up either of these tweaks to enjoy the features of PodSwitcher.

If you're looking to improve your music experience on iOS, PodSwitcher is an interesting solution to go for. You can grab the tweak right now for $1.49 from Cydia's BigBoss repository.

Name: PodSwitcher
    Price: $1.49
    Version: 1.0.2
    Requirements: iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 6.0 or later
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer(s): Akhil Tolani and Jeremy Dana
    Editor's Rating:  4/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 03-08-2013 at 09:23 PM. Reason: fixed a typo

Green Apple
    Thanks

This is pretty awesome, I've been looking for something for the ipod for easier access to music while driving. It would be even more better if you could get all this on the lock screen, either by double clicking the home button to bring up the music controls, or through an activator method.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

its cool but needs alot of work still. i have an iphone 5 and i like to shuffle my music. this causes the carousel to seek for the song which crashes the phone and puts it in safe mode every time. hopefully the devs keep updated it. i bought it but it kinda seems like a proof of concept to me at this point but if the bugs get worked out it will be a steal. best i can tell everything works except the album art issue. if you go song to song or search its fine. if you start the music in the music app and select shuffle its fine. the issue seems to be within the podcaster shuffle button. if you push it it locks up and goes in safe mode. sorry if i dont decribe it well.
    Last edited by bckrupps3773; 03-08-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Crashes iPhone 4..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There's so many bugs with this right now... I would report them, but I can't remember them all, and the ones I can sort of remember seem to crash my phone pretty randomly, so I don't even know what exactly caused it.
    It also doesn't work well when using the app switcher in landscape orientation. But that's to be expected, as it's not meant to be used in landscape orientation. My problem is that it causes the landscape app switcher to look graphically messy, so if there was a feature to auto disable the toggle for PodSwitcher when using the landscape app switcher, that'd be great.
    Hopefully, this gets its bugs worked out, because as of right now, it's a waste of $1.49.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    And it's not compatible with switchy

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

I still like MCP better but that's just my opinion -_-

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tayman View Post
    This is pretty awesome, I've been looking for something for the ipod for easier access to music while driving. It would be even more better if you could get all this on the lock screen, either by double clicking the home button to bring up the music controls, or through an activator method.
    You can go into activator and chose At Lockscreen and choose the Double Press action and select "Show Media Controls". That's assuming you have Auxo and it will work on your lockscreen.

Thanks

Wow, this looks very convenient! I'll buy it as soon as it gets iTunes Match support

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Heard that when you choose to see 'Artist' Interface and you click on an artist's name, it just plays the first song (in alphabetical order) by that artist and you can't actually choose which song to play...what's the point in that?

Same goes for Album and Playlists Interfaces...just plays the first song in each.

Haven't tried it out myself yet, but if that's the case then I don't really have a use for this since I'm usually using the Artist & Playlist Interfaces to choose songs in those groups.
    Last edited by vegeto2k22; 03-09-2013 at 08:17 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

Beta at Best! Nice concept but eventually not worth the hassle

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

It doesn't even show up in Cydia for me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

AUTOLSMUSICCONTROLS works just as good from lock screen.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wildfowler's Avatar
    Thanks

Works just fine on my i4 with 6.1.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Crashed my phone... sighs

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

AMAZING tweak. It made the changer way more interesting ... Highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by offroad1994 View Post
    AUTOLSMUSICCONTROLS works just as good from lock screen.
    I personally like double tapping for my music controls on LS. Reason being I've had my hand hit buttons on the screen, when per say I'm at the gym. Maybe an operator/ dumbass error but even so ...had to remove said tweak :face palm:
    Last edited by BhadKarma; 03-09-2013 at 11:38 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Looks cool

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IChi1d View Post
    Looks cool
    Is cool.

Thanks

need 'start with' ->genres

Thanks

I'd like the option to change the word "podswitcher" in the app switcher, to a customized choice ....