+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Concept Gives the Lock Screen A Vertical Toggle Bar

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
From the same human interface designer ( Sentry_NC ) that thought up the popular Auxo app switcher concept comes a new concept that adds a new vertical toggle bar to
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default New Concept Gives the Lock Screen A Vertical Toggle Bar

From the same human interface designer (Sentry_NC) that thought up the popular Auxo app switcher concept comes a new concept that adds a new vertical toggle bar to the lock screen.

The concept is a clean implementation of adding toggles to the lock screen in a way that isn't obtrusive like some other tweaks are. The toggles are revealed from the right side of the lock screen by swiping in from the right to the left in the empty part of the lock screen that only displays your wallpaper.

The toggle bar includes popular toggles like Do Not Disturb, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3G, Location Services, Personal Hotspot, and Airplane Mode. Tapping on them will enable or disable them – dimmed icons indicate that the feature is turned off, while a blue-lit icon indicates that the feature is turned on. After the user has selected the toggles they want, they can close out of the interface by swiping to the right.

The interface looks nice, keeping that smoked-glass appearance that Apple uses for the lock screen clock and slide to unlock slider. You'll also notice those eye-candy fluid bouncing animations that occur as the interface is opened and closed:

For a mobile-friendly video link that works with our app, tap on the video link below:

Video Link

Would you like to have this feature on your iOS device?

Sources: Dribbble via Sentry_NC
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 03-07-2013 at 10:41 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hell yes. I'd totally use this.

In addition, I want a do not disturb toggle atop notification center like in Mountain Lion!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I could get rid of 2 or 3 tweaks with this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is cool. I'd love either this or an Auxo do not disturb toggle.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgunaca View Post
    Hell yes. I'd totally use this.

In addition, I want a do not disturb toggle atop notification center like in Mountain Lion!
    Couldn't you accuse this person of just simply taking a tweak designers ideas and easily fitting it to the lock screen. This is basically deck with blurredncsettings background fitted to it stitched to the clock stamp and slide to unlock bar so it moves when slid to the left.

P.S Im not complaining as it is a great idea don't get me wrong, i'm just saying how this could look to many of us that use tweaks on a daily basis, ones that are incorporated into this concept. Great work to the visualisations though and the person behind it.

I think what we would be good is an idea like Auxo for spotlight. When searching say "Hello" into spotlight up comes the search results when clicking on the choice for example a message, instead of being taken to that message draft in which the message may not exist anymore a card like preview like auxo would slide a little into view from the right hand side showing how the full message appeared with all contents. Would be great for remembering what was said or being able to quickly find those key details of an email.
    Last edited by xFURxBURGERSx; 03-07-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

@xfur honestly did you read your first paragraph, I'm glad you said you weren't complaining etc. but your statement of how this is copying is so flawed..

I love this idea personally looks really clean however if you use sbsettings it pretty much obsoletes hundreds of tweaks

Thanks
    I agree, can't wait !

Thanks

Make it happen!!

SBSettings been on a memory hog that I cant handle anymore and the developer doesnt seem to update, I need to move on...!

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

this is a month or so old, elias limneos (@limneos) already has a working beta. check out his twitter to see the actual thing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keenpois0n View Post
    this is a month or so old, elias limneos (@limneos) already has a working beta. check out his twitter to see the actual thing
    That is actually a separate tweak.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    That is actually a separate tweak.
    Anthony do you know of a tweak that adds a Do Not Disturb toggle in Notification Center (kind of like in Mountain Lion how you can scroll up/pull down to reveal a switch to temporarily disable notifications?)?

I think it'd be really handy...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgunaca View Post
    Anthony do you know of a tweak that adds a Do Not Disturb toggle in Notification Center (kind of like in Mountain Lion how you can scroll up/pull down to reveal a switch to temporarily disable notifications?)?

I think it'd be really handy...
    Yeah I think I wrote about one in the past.

http://modmyi.com/content/7678-revie...fications.html

Green Apple
    Thanks
    if i can replace those toggles with apps (almost like quickdo) that would be great!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm really digging this.

Thanks

It's like " Deck ", no ? But Deck looks better, more possibilities. But it's still not updated. Longing for it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy23 View Post
    It's like " Deck ", no ? But Deck looks better, more possibilities. But it's still not updated. Longing for it.
    People are misconstruing of how I see it is like "Deck". At the end of the day the similarity to deck is how it is swiped from the side & the toggles being present. If no one sees that then I'm clearly thinking of the wrong tweak but I think now. http://www.iphonehacks.com/2012/03/deck-jailbreak-tweak-adds-hot-bar-to-iphone-springboard.html

Thanks

Some people forget: There's a reason for the lock screen...a damn good one! It keeps you from interacting with the phone accidentally. The lock screen is especially important while the phone is in your pocket.

If implemented, this concept would cause those toggles to be accidentally activated over and over and over.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i vote yep, looks usable.

Thanks
    Hurry up and relies it !!!!