+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gridlock 2.0 Released With Full iOS 6 Support

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Ahhhhhhh yeaaaaah! Since I jumped aboard 6+ a month ago this was one of the few tweaks that I've been missing... I have been checking a couple times every day
    Thanks

Ahhhhhhh yeaaaaah! Since I jumped aboard 6+ a month ago this was one of the few tweaks that I've been missing... I have been checking a couple times every day to see if it was updated... Was so stoked last night to see it was updated... The upgrade price isn't a problem to me as I think the Devs time and energy is worth it... I bet most people complaining about the upgrade or purchase price would have made this tweak, and had to rewrite it, that y'all would be asking for some money for it too... Devs are getting greedy? Living this life ain't free and time can be money, so buck up you whiners, fork out the 2 bucks to upgrade because its worth it for your layout options and worth it to help a Dev make a lil extra dough... If y'all were Devs working on tons of tweaks you would prolly like to be able to supplement your income too, if not have all your finances come from your Dev work... Oh yeah, and someone said it wasn't compatible with infiniboard? It works just fine with infiniboard... Thanks for the update Bruddah... Aloha...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sage I For This Useful Post:

joshlogic (03-08-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,021 Times in 4,527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    or you could've used Iconoclasm's Per-Page Layouts
    Know that feature well! Use it daily! But still Gridlock is just easier than making a new icono layout for 1 page.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    So 2 $ for just a iOS update and 5$ for tweak is not what i would call a fair price.

Anyway.
    The problem is the following: EVERY USER of my lates theme exxOS reported me that
    his iPhone crashes and freezes with Gridlock 2.

It seems the developer made Gridlock 2 no compatible to his own(!) tweak Infiniboard.

Price and compatibility: Currently an epic failure
    Infiniboard doesn't play nicely with several tweaks like iWidgets. And Infiniboard stretches Iconoclasm Layouts. To build an entire theme around Infiniboard was a chance-ey move, Blue. But I understand why you did. Vertical paging is very cool. Infiniboard is just not that reliable a tweak. Worse after ip5.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-08-2013 at 10:34 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,196 Times in 3,337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    That's a different bug all together. It has NOTHING to do with Gridlock or Infiniboard. It's been talked about in several threads. On the destination page - you have to have an 'open' slot for an icon - or it will crash every time. It's an Iconoclasm problem now post iOS 6. When you make an Iconoclasm layout - you have to leave at least ONE spot open - that you DO NOT INTEND TO USE - so that there's room to 'drop in an icon temporarily'. Then you can use Gridlock to move that moved icon to its final position and leave the extra spot unused. Before we got Gridlock back the other day - open icon spots at the bottom of a page was able to be accomplished - since Apple iOS allows for icons toward the bottom of the page to be left blank and you can start a new page. But if you try to move an icon to a page that's already filled to its maximum icons in the the current Iconoclasm layout - it will crash every time. With or without Gridlock and with or without Infiniboard.

So I just want you guys to be able to diagnose the 'actual problem' for the crashing. It has NOTHING to to with the new Gridlock OR with Infiniboard. It's an Iconoclasm thing you have to consider. When making an iconoclasm layout - after iOS6, a theme creator always needs to leave at least ONE icon position OPEN on each horizontal page that's not intended for use - as a place holder for NEW icons moving page to page or being dowloaded from Cydia or AppleStore. This is a post-iOS6 limitation of Iconoclasm.

And, as you might expect, using MultiIconMover to move icons page to page - averts this crashing.
    Can you please explain me your method of leaving one icon position open with my exxOS layout (for iPhone 5). I donīt know how or where to add such a "placeholder":
    exxOS by Blue
    Last edited by Blue; 03-08-2013 at 02:19 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wargasmtornado's Avatar
    Thanks

I upgraded Gridlock,now when ever i add an App,move an app to a folder,or move an app on Springboard,an app always just dissapears until i respring it
    (Not sure if Gridlock or Springtomize is causing this),emailed chown last night about it
    ipod 4G,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    iphone 4,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    i really,really hate using Winterboard

Thanks

Can you please explain me your method of leaving one icon position open with my exxOS layout (for iPhone 5). I donīt know how or where to add such a "placeholder":
    exxOS by Blue
    Already answered in exxOS thread, sir.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Blue (03-08-2013)

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,196 Times in 3,337 Posts

I just tested Gridlock 2. In combination with Infiniboard and Iconoclasm it

- completely crashes (freezes) your iPhone -

Something all users should know if they plan to use Gridlock 2 with a theme using this two tweaks.
    Last edited by Blue; 03-08-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Thanks

I just tested Gridlock 2. In combination with Infiniboard and Iconoclasm it

- completely crashes (freezes) your iPhone -

Something all users should know if they plan to use Gridlock 2 with a theme using this two tweaks.
    It does not crash my phone. All work perfectly together in all my themes. The only additional variable in exxOS is SpringJumps which is well known to be not iOS 6- ready, Blue. I think there's your culprit.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This has been one of the friendlier blogs re the upgrade and new fee and as a purchaser of the previous version get it which is why I am not complaining. The key to software I posted to those others is to think of it as "hardware" and more specifically cars. I own the old model and I get a discount on the new one similar to a trade-in, but on the surface and as a "car" buyer the new model appears to be exactly the same to some? Granted, the builder said it has been redone from the ground up with stronger materials etc. but the appearance, form and function to the buyer seems to be exactly the same as the last model.

So, GP how about also adding some "buyer tangible value'? Tell us how it uses x-amount less resources and is more efficient. Add some new options like sun roof, turbo, convertible, all wheel drive, in the form of save/restore layouts, multi icon movement, etc. Don't just tell us "it took more work", as a previous purchaser SHOW ME the difference and I will SHOW YOU THE MONEY!!
    Last edited by Lohand; 03-09-2013 at 05:32 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Has anyone made any headway with the devs regarding the crashes with Gridlock? I know nothing is perfect but when ONLY the jailbreak (latest version of evasion on an iPhone 5 w/iOS 6.1) and Gridlock are installed and I'm still able to generate a crash of Sringboard 100% of the time simply by creating a folder. Then something is at issue. That doesn't even take into account the random jumbling of icons/folders that occurs when first installing Gridlock or when Gridlock is uninstalled.

I don't mind paying for this tweak because it's far and away a better alternative for me, than is Iconoclasim. However if they are charging for Apps. Then support and addressing of what seems (to me at least) to be a common issue among quite a few of the apps users, is the appropriate thing to do.
    Last edited by Mronin; 03-14-2013 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Readability

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mronin View Post
    Has anyone made any headway with the devs regarding the crashes with Gridlock? I know nothing is perfect but when ONLY the jailbreak (latest version of evasion on an iPhone 5 w/iOS 6.1) and Gridlock are installed and I'm still able to generate a crash of Sringboard 100% of the time simply by creating a folder. Then something is at issue. That doesn't even take into account the random jumbling of icons/folders that occurs when first installing Gridlock or when Gridlock is uninstalled.

I don't mind paying for this tweak because it's far and away a better alternative for me, than is Iconoclasim. However if they are charging for Apps. Then support and addressing of what seems (to me at least) to be a common issue among quite a few of the apps users, is the appropriate thing to do.
    Are you working with the newest version of Gridlock? Gridlock 2? That's the only one that's compatible with iOS 6. I have no crashing of any kind with the new Gridlock on my iPhone 5 with iOS 6.

Thanks

I initially thought my crashing springboard was being caused by Gridlock 2 (dissapearing icons),but after removing Springtomize,icons dont vanish anymore.I tried contacting the Springtomize dev via Twitter and with 2 emails,but he never replys.Chpwn replied straight away and helped me trouble shoot.I dont like to bag a man out,but i wish Fillipobiga would get his s**t together,something always happens with his tweaks :-(

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wargasmtornado View Post
    I initially thought my crashing springboard was being caused by Gridlock 2 (dissapearing icons),but after removing Springtomize,icons dont vanish anymore.I tried contacting the Springtomize dev via Twitter and with 2 emails,but he never replys.Chpwn replied straight away and helped me trouble shoot.I dont like to bag a man out,but i wish Fillipobiga would get his s**t together,something always happens with his tweaks :-(
    So the "disappearing icons" bug is part of Springtomize? I have been experiencing that too but thought it was a different tweak causing it. He has updated Springtomize two times since iOS 6 has come out. So I'm sure he still working on things. Have you absolutely narrowed it down to that one tweak causing the apps to disappear?

Thanks

Yup,i deleted it yesterday morning(im in australia),and everything to do with Springtomize,and have had no icons vanishing since.i painfully went through removing one tweak at a time,then added apps,deleted apps,moved apps to folders & around springboard,resprung each time i did something till last on the list was Springomize.It wouldn't have peed me off so much,if he had at least said "yep,that problem will be fixed next update",but i never hear back from him.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Are you working with the newest version of Gridlock? Gridlock 2? That's the only one that's compatible with iOS 6. I have no crashing of any kind with the new Gridlock on my iPhone 5 with iOS 6.
    You are correct. I should have specified that this issue is with Gridlock 2.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mronin View Post
    You are correct. I should have specified that this issue is with Gridlock 2.
    Hmm. The vast majority of folks are having no issue with Gridlock 2. That means its not a Gridlock issue specifically but its interaction with some other tweak you have loaded. There are still some springboard crashing issues associated with Iconoclasm that I've experienced with and without Gridlock. Folder Icons is also not ready for iOS 6 and Folder Enhancer and Springtomize 2 are just barely compatible. Give me a list of your tweaks.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,465 Times in 6,386 Posts

To build an entire theme around Infiniboard was a chance-ey move, Blue. But I understand why you did. Vertical paging is very cool. Infiniboard is just not that reliable a tweak. Worse after ip5.
    Hmmm, a vertical scrolling theme.

Sounds like a Dreamboard theme instead of Winterboard.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Hmmm, a vertical scrolling theme.

Sounds like a Dreamboard theme instead of Winterboard.
    Nope. Infiniboard has enabled vertical scrolling in any Winterboard theme for a long time. But maybe you were being sarcastic. .. I'm no good detecting sarcasm.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hmm. The vast majority of folks are having no issue with Gridlock 2. That means its not a Gridlock issue specifically but its interaction with some other tweak you have loaded. There are still some springboard crashing issues associated with Iconoclasm that I've experienced with and without Gridlock. Folder Icons is also not ready for iOS 6 and Folder Enhancer and Springtomize 2 are just barely compatible. Give me a list of your tweaks.
    Random thought just hit me. Since you say Springtomize is possibly complicant in the issues folks are having. Is it possible there are remnants on my phone that are causing an issue? If so might it help to restore from backup, re-jailbreak and re-install Gridlock?
    Last edited by Mronin; 03-14-2013 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Continuity

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,465 Times in 6,386 Posts

Nope. Infiniboard has enabled vertical scrolling in any Winterboard theme for a long time. But maybe you were being sarcastic. .. I'm no good detecting sarcasm.
    My point was that Dreamboard does this without any additional tweaks and is smooth as silk.

Dreamboard

Vertical scrolling = built in
    Managed icon placement = built in
    Page jumping = built in
    Etc, etc

Winterboard

Vertical scrolling = tweak required
    Managed icon placement = several tweaks
    Page jumping = tweak required

It just seams that a theme like that would be better on DB. I love DB, it just never fully took off and most development has been stopped.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 03-14-2013 at 06:59 PM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Wish they would update dreamboard for 6.0 but don't see wynd coming back.