Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook Redesigns Newsfeed for Mobile

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Facebook Redesigns Newsfeed for Mobile

For the first time in three years, Facebook introduced a redesigned newsfeed intended to improve the mobile user experience. The move is being widely praised in response to how the social network of one billion members has largely become a predominantly mobile platform.

Facebook creator and CEO Mark Zuckerberg says the primary goal of the overhaul is to provide a consistent experience on mobile devices and desktop Web browsers.

“What we’re trying to do is give everyone in the world the best personalized newspaper we can,” Zuckerberg said. “The best personalized newspaper should be intricate, rich, and engaging.”

To make sure you’re seeing all the stories you want to see, we’re introducing several new feeds to explore in addition to the same News Feed you have today:

All Friends – a feed that shows you everything your friends are sharing
    Photos – a feed with nothing but photos from your friends and the Pages you like
    Music – a feed with posts about the music you listen to
    Following – a feed with the latest news from the Pages you like and the people you follow.
    Facebook says the new design will begin rolling out for iOS in the coming weeks.

Source: Facebook

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Facebook

- All Friends - a feed that shows you everything your friends are sharing
    - Photos - a feed with nothing but photos from your friends and the Pages you like
    - Music - a feed with posts about the music you listen to
    - Following - a feed with the latest news from the Pages you like and the people you follow.
    Didn't they have this years ago? I remember you could pick what you wanted to see specifically in your news feed, so it looks like they're bringing it back.

I would LOVE to be able to NOT see who is now friends with who.. or Friend likes fanPageX.. or anything sponsored!

Quote Originally Posted by im_so_hip View Post
    I would LOVE to be able to NOT see who is now friends with who.. or Friend likes fanPageX.. or anything sponsored!
    +1

+2

They need to sort the Notification issues out first tbh, it's been broken for years and still no fix. Plus the Newsfeed on iOS doesn't even update properly (aka time, deleted posts, etc) unless you sign out and back in again

+3
    Last edited by dan2007h; 03-07-2013 at 05:53 PM.

The less you put on the newsfeed the more spam you get. THATS what I want removed.
    And I'm still waiting for the pictures to be fixed. On the iPad ALL pictures in your newsfeed are cropped and it takes ages to load them up. I would like to see the full picture without having to click each one and waiting ages for it to load.

Oh, and on Thursday NOT have only my Mondays posts as Most Recent. I do believe I posted since then and I know my friends have posted many since then but it still thinks only my Monday posts are Most Recent.

Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    The less you put on the newsfeed the more spam you get. THATS what I want removed.
    And I'm still waiting for the pictures to be fixed. On the iPad ALL pictures in your newsfeed are cropped and it takes ages to load them up. I would like to see the full picture without having to click each one and waiting ages for it to load.

Oh, and on Thursday NOT have only my Mondays posts as Most Recent. I do believe I posted since then and I know my friends have posted many since then but it still thinks only my Monday posts are Most Recent.
    +1