+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report Says iPhone 5S Production Now Underway at Foxconn

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Late Tuesday, word emerged from the far east that suggests production on Apple's forthcoming iPhone 5S has begun. Macotakara, the Japanese Apple blog, reports that both the iPhone 5 and
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Report Says iPhone 5S Production Now Underway at Foxconn

Late Tuesday, word emerged from the far east that suggests production on Apple's forthcoming iPhone 5S has begun.

Macotakara, the Japanese Apple blog, reports that both the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S are now being produced on the sames assembly lines at Foxconn. Given that the respective designs of both phones are practically the same, Apple is mass-producing both devices simultaneously.

With no major - or even noticeable - hardware changes expected, the selling points of the iPhone 5S will be its internal components. A faster processor, better camera, NFC technology, fingerprint sensor and a host of other attributes have all been rumored.

For more than eight weeks now, an expanding number of analysts across the financial and tech markets have reported their expectation that iPhone 5S production will commence by early March. If tonight's report is accurate, it could mean that predictions for a late spring or early summer iPhone 5S launch may also be correct.

Source: Macotakara

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

shigh (03-05-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 667 Posts

WOW??? This doesn't seem like Apple?? Just to start making something without announcing it first?

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaLsim's Avatar
    Thanks

Who gonna B the donkey, that bit on the iphone 5/5s? I'm done on their iphone junks. Don't mind on their 65" ipad though,Not gonna happen=CRAPPLE'S, made from the BEST stuff on earth. NOT...

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,150 Times in 5,907 Posts

Yet you still find the time to post on an apple device forum.

Hmmmm....
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Colwood (03-06-2013), KnightWing (03-05-2013), macsrock (03-06-2013), vinaygoel2000 (03-06-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaLsim View Post
    Who gonna B the donkey, that bit on the iphone 5/5s? I'm done on their iphone junks. Don't mind on their 65" ipad though,Not gonna happen=CRAPPLE'S, made from the BEST stuff on earth. NOT...
    Ive said some nonsense things on these forums but i think u topped me. Smh

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say apple has lost it's spark. Same design but faster, just doesn't work anymore.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,150 Times in 5,907 Posts

Is that all you got out of that!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

So why you here on this Apple-centric forum if you have such a distaste for Apple products? Just to troll?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am like S generation iPhones for two main reasons. Cases - Since the form factor is the same, there is likely a case which is highly reviewed. My 4S went into a Lifeprooof from the box. Hardware - Any problems from the design are either changed or know about them in advance such as AntennaGate or white iPhones turn brown.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to STM127 For This Useful Post:

fanboyfanboy (03-05-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by STM127 View Post
    I am like S generation iPhones for two main reasons. Cases - Since the form factor is the same, there is likely a case which is highly reviewed. My 4S went into a Lifeprooof from the box. Hardware - Any problems from the design are either changed or know about them in advance such as AntennaGate or white iPhones turn brown.
    I'm the same way, I started with the 3GS, now onto 4S, then will move to 5S. All the problems of a new design are fixed in the S modules (like antennagate) plus I like the faster hardware more then design upgrade as I don't see design alone a reason to upgrade look at the A5 in the 4S... Still running strong over a year an a half old.
    Although I wonder was S will mean for the 5S?
    3GS. S=Speed (new processor )
    4S. S=Siri (obviously)
    5S. S=Security? (Fingerprint scanner home button perhaps?)

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

65"? Whoa... Sign me up

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Same. But I started on the 4s and was going to wait for the 6 but I'm going to go ahead and get the 5s even though the screen is ugly and a nuisance.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

LOL! I love when haters come on and bash Apple.....as if their opinion is actually going to change anyone's mind about Apple products! Here's an idea, go join a forum that you enjoy and talk with others about that product and how cool it is. Stop trying to hate all the time, it's lame! No one cares what you think!

I can't wait to see the new iPhone, with Jony Ives being more involved with the software and hardware, I think it's going to be awesome!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to steve-z17 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (03-06-2013)

Thanks

I had the 4S and just moved to the 5 a week ago. I've yet to find anything that needs to be "fixed" in the 5. maybe the 5S will be faster (but the 5 is pretty damn fast), but I'm not aware of any issues with the 5 that need to be remedied.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tucnepo's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, it is haters like him that keeps this forum going

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tucnepo View Post
    Well, it is haters like him that keeps this forum going

How so?

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Seriously though guys A LOT of major idevice/jailbreak supporters/secs are flipping to Android. I know I've gotten very frustrated with apple. I've had an iPhone since the first gen and in April I'm pretty sure I'm going to the S4 unless they announce a Note 3 or Apple let's us have freedom we deserve with our idevice (which isn't going to happen). I'm just suck of the constant jumping through hoops to be able to do what I want with my iPhone. We pay really good $ for them and should have that capability. Regardless, If I don't like the rooted android I get then ill go back to hula hooping again. It wouldn't be that huge of a deal if the newer devices could be downgraded but they can't and I just can't do a bone stock iPhone.

Thanks

unless they make battery life better and a better os version i'm not waisting my time... so far the 5 and os 6 and maps have been a joke.... Who cares if it is the fastest/most ram if you have to keep it on charge most of the time.... The 4S on os5 was the best...

Unless they get Innovative i'm not interested..
    IPhone 5s....
    First MacBook Pro 13" I7 2.8Ghz with win7
    1 rooted Thrive
    08 Chevy 2500HD LTZ
    06 Dyna Lowrider
    40ft Raptor toyhauler

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    I'm the same way, I started with the 3GS, now onto 4S, then will move to 5S. All the problems of a new design are fixed in the S modules (like antennagate) plus I like the faster hardware more then design upgrade as I don't see design alone a reason to upgrade look at the A5 in the 4S... Still running strong over a year an a half old.
    Although I wonder was S will mean for the 5S?
    3GS. S=Speed (new processor )
    4S. S=Siri (obviously)
    5S. S=Security? (Fingerprint scanner home button perhaps?)
    lol iPhone 4S , 5S or whatever with a S behind, i kinda think it's iPhone 4SAME , iPhone 5SAME.
    Same Design with better spec that's my opinion.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gruelcore View Post
    lol iPhone 4S , 5S or whatever with a S behind, i kinda think it's iPhone 4SAME , iPhone 5SAME.
    Same Design with better spec that's my opinion.
    Which is actually one of the reasons I like it it's the same design, but polished so no bugs, like antennagate or I'm sure they'll fix the losing touch in the 5S (done when swiping fast repeatedly)