Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AnyAttach Updated With iOS 6 Support, Additional New Features

Default AnyAttach Updated With iOS 6 Support, Additional New Features

Well-known iOS hacker and developer pimskeks (known for his part in the evasi0n iOS 6 untethered jailbreak) has released an update to his popular AnyAttach jailbreak tweak with support for iOS 6. In addition, he has added some new features and many improvements.

AnyAttach allows you to attach any file present on your iOS device to an e-mail sheet as an attachment. The tweak adds a paperclip button to the e-mail interface, which will open an iFile-style file browser when tapped. From here, you can select the file you want to attach. You can pick any local file, photos or videos from the photos library, files from Dropbox, or even bookmarked files.

New features in today’s update apart from iOS 6 support include:

• A new photo picker preview option
    • The ability to insert sharable Dropbox links instead of downloading and attaching the Dropbox file
    • Bug fixes and improvements to the photo picker
    • A new Dropbox API
    • Added Danish, Portuguese, and Romanian localizations
    • Overall stability improvements and additional fixes

Those that own AnyAttach already can download the iOS 6-compatible update at no cost. Alternatively, new adopters will find the tweak in the BigBoss repository for $2.99. AnyAttach is currently compatible with iOS 4, iOS 5, and iOS 6 and comes with options that the user can configure via the Settings application under the AnyAttach preferences pane.

Pimskeks tells us that an update for Safari Upload Enabler is next on his to-do list!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

robdam1001 (03-05-2013)

Thanks

Very handy.

Why would anyone make an interface like that? It's fine except I don't see the need for the second navigation bar. He should put the ZIP button on a toolbar at the bottom and not needlessly emulate iFile with the name of the current folder. Or use a tap-and-hold gesture and eliminate the bar completely.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 03-05-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Thanks for the info I like this tweak!

I may have overlooked something here, but iFile can email any file on your iOS file system and the native Dropbox app can email a link to any file in your Dropbox. What does this tweak give me that I'm currently missing?

P.S. Not that I'm ungrateful to pimskeks for another tweak. I'd just like to see functionality that I don't already have. For example, an update for (or alternative to) SMS GV extension and phone GV extension is desperately overdue!!
    Last edited by csglinux; 03-05-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    I may have overlooked something here, but iFile can email any file on your iOS file system and the native Dropbox app can email a link to any file in your Dropbox. What does this tweak give me that I'm currently missing?
    true, but this works if you're forwarding an email, replying to an email, etc.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,252 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    true, but this works if you're forwarding an email, replying to an email, etc.
    ...plus iFile doesn't always work when sending attachments and Dropbox uses a link instead of an actual file. AnyAttach is awesome!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-05-2013)

Love the DropBox functionality

12. The Following User Says Thank You to robdam1001 For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    ...plus iFile doesn't always work when sending attachments and Dropbox uses a link instead of an actual file. AnyAttach is awesome!
    I'd actually prefer to send a link to a Dropbox file. Saves bandwidth. But I understand the convenience issue now. Thanks folks.

Is there anything like this but works for texts (biteSMS)?

Linking Dropbox doesn't work says api that is used is out of date and no longer taking new users

Quote Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
    Is there anything like this but works for texts (biteSMS)?
    SendAny + ReceiveAny Get iOS 6 Support

Ok, so I went ahead and bought this tweak (mainly just to support Pimskeks). Pimskeks tweeted (as Anthony mentioned above) that this version would support sending dropbox links, not just attaching downloaded files. I want to send links (much quicker than downloading a 50Mb file from Dropbox, just to upload it again to an email server!). Except I can't figure out how to do this. Any AnyAttach fans out there able to help me out?

^ settings/anyattach. scroll down to Dropbox and enable shareable links.

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
    ^ settings/anyattach. scroll down to Dropbox and enable shareable links.
    Oh duh! Sorry for being incredibly stupid. Thanks novadam. Your info was spot on :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Perfect, thanks.