+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Twitter to Kill Support for iPhone and Adobe Air TweetDeck Apps

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Twitter to Kill Support for iPhone and Adobe Air TweetDeck Apps

Those of you who avidly use TweetDeck and more so, do so on an iOS device such as the iPhone may have some bad news coming up. Twitter has decided to end support for versions that cling to Adobe Air in the near future. Users will be allowed to download the app until early May but after that, the iOS iteration will cease to function. Furthermore, since these clients specifically rely on version 1.0 of the Twitter API, which is to be retired soon, chances are the clients will experience connection problems in the run-up to their removal.

Not only is Twitter planning to kill the iPhone and Air apps, but the social media platform is also planning to remove Facebook integration from all versions of TweetDeck. According tot eh company, these moves are being made in order to “focus our development efforts on our modern, web-based versions of TweetDeck.” This means that the web-based and Chrome extensions of the software. It should be noted that the native Mac app is also said to be continuing without any issues.

Source: PC Magazine

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Masand View Post
    Not only is Twitter planning to kill the iPhone and Air apps, but the social media platform is also planning to remove Facebook integration from all versions of TweetDeck. According tot eh company, these moves are being made in order to “focus our development efforts on our modern, web-based versions of TweetDeck.” This means that the web-based and Chrome extensions of the software. It should be noted that the native Mac app is also said to be continuing without any issues.
    Spelling error: "According tot eh"

Just a heads up

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

the only thing twitter is doing by this and limiting 3rd party tokens is generating bad press for themselves..

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

And no one saw this coming when Twitter scooped up TweetDeck? The assimilated app has NEVER been as good as the original prior to Twitter buying TweetDeck. The "death nail" was long ago. Now, happily using TweetBot.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Wait. So the actual twitter app will die or continue? Or is this just some thing called TweetDeck? I'm confused.