Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Chrome for iOS Updated with a Slew of Features

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    This worked. I have usage data off and after installing there are no more crashes.
    Didn't work for me. Still crashes instantly. I've removed CDM and Browser chooser and uninstalled and reinstalled 5 times. Frustrating. Hopefully all the negative attention this is getting will lead google to release a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    Fix here
    There's no way for this to work. Mine crashes almost instantly. There's no time to sneeze, let alone change settings.

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    Fix here
    Does your repo fix changes “reporting_enabled” = false to “reporting_enabled” = true or Is it a separate fix that prevents Google Chrome from crashing?

Thanks
    No issues here

Does anyone know why visited links do not turn purple on Chrome?

Crashed in my i5. Delete the app and a fresh install fixed the problem..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by onski View Post
    Crashed in my i5. Delete the app and a fresh install fixed the problem..
    You probably agreed to send anonymous usage data when you reinstalled.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedrush View Post
    If you add the following repo to cydia you will find a crash fix.

HASHBANG Productions
    This worked for me.

The following worked for me:
    1. Updated Chrome via AppStore.app before I read about the problem - bad.
    2. Removed Chrome. Reinstalled the same way, trying to check the 'send usage' box - still bad.
    3. Removed Chrome. Reinstalled via PC (previous version) - good, but out of date.
    4. Went into the app settings and turned on 'send usage' (only over wifi) - rather not, but ok.
    5. Updated via AppStore.app - all good

Google already knows everything anyway so they might as well get my usage data as well :/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Mine crashed as well so I followed the suggestion of uninstalling it. I rebooted the iphone (5). Re-installed it, and after a second or so, when it was on the Terms and Agreements page, it crashed. I then tried opening Chrome up again, I had enough time to Agree and continue, and it has worked fine since. Has not crashed any longer.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

I updated and it crashes on iphone 5. Reinstalled many times ,still does the same thing.
    Edit : works now after checking the send anonymous data
    Last edited by iYeow; 03-05-2013 at 05:15 PM.

i wish google reads this thread lol

heck wish i read before updating my ipad

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Morash View Post
    Didn't work for me. Still crashes instantly. I've removed CDM and Browser chooser and uninstalled and reinstalled 5 times. Frustrating. Hopefully all the negative attention this is getting will lead google to release a fix.

There's no way for this to work. Mine crashes almost instantly. There's no time to sneeze, let alone change settings.
    there are two ways to do it did you try both?

I recommend this though

Quote Originally Posted by Hedrush
    If you add the following repo to cydia you will find a crash fix.

HASHBANG Productions

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyrek View Post
    Does your repo fix changes “reporting_enabled” = false to “reporting_enabled” = true or Is it a separate fix that prevents Google Chrome from crashing?
    it's kind of the same thing just doing it by quickly navigating to the settings toggle, or reinstalling and setting it via the app

again I recommend Hedrush's solution over the one I posted, I should have read the thread through!
    Last edited by dsg; 03-06-2013 at 08:48 AM.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    Go have a read of the reviews. The latest features are crashes and bugs and it no longer works.

DO NOT UPDATE as if you do you will no longer be able to use it. Out of the 20 or so reviews i think 1 person has it working.
    Make that 2. I haven't had a problem with it on any of the normal sites I frequent.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

I got it working by doing what everyone else has done. Does anyone else use Nitrous? The latest update is way less buggy now, so surfing is on par with Safari.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    Make that 2. I haven't had a problem with it on any of the normal sites I frequent.
    You probably have the send usage data turned on. It works fine if it is, however, many people don't care to share that data and if that option is turned off then it crashes. It has nothing to do with going to specific websites because font even have a chance to do anything when the browser crashes within 5 seconds of launching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    Go have a look at the App Store reviews. Last time i looked there were 200 1 star reviews and most are from this last update. That was 2 days ago so im guessing there are heaps more now.

Got it working by uninstalling and reinstalling then accepting Google's sharing agreement. Without accepting that, it would crash on me.

...They really want us to share with them.

EDIT:
    After accepting the agreement to get the app to remain crash-free, I was able to then go to the settings and disable it and the app kept working.

Moral; do a fresh install, accept sharing agreement, then disable it in the settings.
    (sorry if this was figured out already, I didn't go through all the comments once I got it working. lol)
    Last edited by froboy30; 03-07-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by froboy30 View Post
    Got it working by uninstalling and reinstalling then accepting Google's sharing agreement. Without accepting that, it would crash on me.

...They really want us to share with them.

EDIT:
    After accepting the agreement to get the app to remain crash-free, I was able to then go to the settings and disable it and the app kept working.

Moral; do a fresh install, accept sharing agreement, then disable it in the settings.
    (sorry if this was figured out already, I didn't go through all the comments once I got it working. lol)
    With the sharing disabled, force close the app and then re-open it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrwilly View Post
    With the sharing disabled, force close the app and then re-open it.
    It'll start crashing again.

Chrome crashes and turns my iPad into Safe mode! **iOS 6.1 jailbroken**

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast