Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Awake Speech' Makes Your Device Talk to You When You Snooze or Dismiss an Alarm

Default 'Awake Speech' Makes Your Device Talk to You When You Snooze or Dismiss an Alarm

Do you use an alarm on your iOS device to get you up on the morning? How about giving your device something to say every time you snooze or dismiss an alarm in the morning?

A new free jailbreak tweak called Awake Speech by iOS developer merdok will do this for you. From the tweak’s preferences, you’ll be able to configure what the device will say, how many times they’ll say it, and in what language code:

The user types in the spoken text that they want to hear when they snooze or dismiss an alarm, and when the user snoozes or dismisses an alarm, the device will speak what they typed in. It uses Siri’s voice, but note that you don’t have to have Siri on your device to use this tweak.

This tweak actually leaves a lot of wiggle room for creativity for the user. It can be used for humorous purposes, or for just having a pleasant phone say pleasant things in the morning. For example, you can have the phone say “Wake Up, Wake Up, Wake Up!” ten times in a row, or you can just make the phone be nice about it, and say something like, “Good morning [insert user’s name here].”

Awake Speech can also be useful for reminders. Your stock Reminders application isn't going to speak out to you, so you can set an alarm for a certain time, and then have the device say something out loud like, "Don't forget to go grocery shopping!"

Overall, this tweak is pretty interesting. We also like that it's free. It works on any iOS device running iOS 5 or later. If you want it, it's free right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository!

Name: Awake Speech
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.4.0-5
    Requirements: iOS 5+
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: merdok
    Editor's Rating:  4/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 03-04-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Maybe add a feature later that when your alarm goes off, you can speak to turn it off? Like my alarm starts play I can say something like "I'm up" and it'll shut it off, or something like "let me sleep" and it'll snooze my alarm, would love to have this feature as I'm always half a sleep when my alarm goes off and it would be easier to just speak to it than actually touch the screen

Iv looked in cydia for this and couldent find it! This is a tweak I'd find really useful seeing as I snooze my alarm about 10 times before actually getting my *** out of bed!!! Lol
    Last edited by RobbyJ; 03-04-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyJ View Post
    Iv looked in cydia for this and couldent find it! This is a tweak I'd find really useful seeing as I snooze my alarm about 10 times before actually getting my *** out of bed!!! Lol
    Don't we all haha and try refreshing your changes tab in cydia, I just did and I just installed it!

If you refresh your sources, you should see it in the Changes tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    If you refresh your sources, you should see it in the Changes tab.
    Actually, there is a typo in the OP. At the bottom of the OP, Anthony has it listed as Alarm Speech when it is actually named Awake Speech. This momentarily had me confused as well.

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    Actually, there is a typo in the OP. At the bottom of the OP, Anthony has it listed as Alarm Speech when it is actually named Awake Speech. This momentarily had me confused as well.
    Thanks – Fixed!

Thanks

It's so quiet. Is the volume controlled by the ringer volume as the alarm tone is or is it controlled by the media player volume?

it doesn't allow setting a separate speech for dismiss and a separate one for snooze. Maybe in the next update?

I'm always half a sleep when my alarm goes off and it would be easier to just speak to it than actually touch the screen

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yah it would be great to be able to tell my alarm to SHUT UP! -Unfortunately, Siri can only open apps or processes, not stop them- except for music, you can tell Siri to stop music. Is there a siritoggle to "stop alarm"?

That's something for a fyucher update of AssistantLove, maybe add an alias for stopping the alarm.

this tweak aint showing up in my settings after i install it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bighomie713 View Post
    same here - yesterday's initial release did but not today's updated version

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bighomie713 View Post
    i got the same issue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerDu View Post
    i got the same issue
    ...and another late update fixed it!

i hope these kind of tweak make siri like the wakeful alarm app which no longer works.