+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Evasi0n 1.5.1 Released - Updates Included Cydia Package List

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard The comment right above you has a solid point. I just updated my sources in Terminal and it only downloaded 76 KB. I guess it
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    The comment right above you has a solid point.
    I just updated my sources in Terminal and it only downloaded 76 KB. I guess it depends on how much new stuff there is though.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 03-05-2013 at 08:43 AM.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,098 Times in 807 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    I just updated my sources in Terminal and it only downloaded 76 KB. I guess it depends on how much new stuff there is though.
    Definitely, and then multiply that reasonably tiny amount by the 23M total devices that were recorded jailbroken in the past month or so, and you get a relatively large number:

Saurik: 14M iOS 6 Devices Are Currently Running Cydia

Of course, that's not to say that all 23M people are refreshing at the same time, or that all those devices are as active as the last, but the bandwidth sure will add up significantly.

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

Do i have to restore and rejailbreak or can i jailbreak over it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buttamix View Post
    Neither.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Definitely, and then multiply that reasonably tiny amount by the 23M total devices that were recorded jailbroken in the past month or so, and you get a relatively large number:

Saurik: 14M iOS 6 Devices Are Currently Running Cydia

Of course, that's not to say that all 23M people are refreshing at the same time, or that all those devices are as active as the last, but the bandwidth sure will add up significantly.
    But this is only for new jailbreaks. It's not like 23M people are going to be using this version. Probably a lot less than 1 million. Of course it was a good idea to include the package lists before those 16 million used Evasi0n. I just don't see the point since there isn't a big rush of people jailbreaking right now.

Quote Originally Posted by buttamix View Post
    As said in the article, people who are already jailbroken don't need this version.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 03-05-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    But this is only for new jailbreaks. It's not like 23M people are going to be using this version. Probably a lot less than 1 million. Of course it was a good idea to include the package lists before those 16 million used Evasi0n. I just don't see the point since there isn't a big rush of people jailbreaking right now.
    All the people currently jailbroken are still able to refresh their sources in Cydia, so they also account for bandwidth for repository servers.

These preventative steps are baby steps for keeping the servers from being swamped. Yes, the jailbreak has been out for a while now. But assured, traffic is still reaching high levels.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    is anyone having problems with cydia this evening server is telling me that i have reached my apt package name list and i have no package sections in cydia and package updates are gone and i cant uninstall anything im not sure whats going on does this mean a restore or is it down to cydia server

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bugeyewrx View Post
    is anyone having problems with cydia this evening server is telling me that i have reached my apt package name list and i have no package sections in cydia and package updates are gone and i cant uninstall anything im not sure whats going on does this mean a restore or is it down to cydia server
    Remove all the unnecessary third party repositories.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xpress690's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi all
    After the Evasi0n jailbreak on my Iphone 4 running 6.1.2 everytine a try to search for anything on AnyRing the keyboard isn't there, I mean..it is but the keys dont show...but if you clik on the spot that was supose to be a key...it actualy shows the key and them once you spot touching the screen the key is again gone...leaving a tansparent keyboad with no key.....
    Does this make any sence to anyone...I need help
    Regards
    Thak you
    Paul
    Paulo Santos
    vIsIt ThE aZoReS

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12