+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'FaceDetectionVideo4S' Enables Face Detection When Shooting Video on the iPhone 4S

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'FaceDetectionVideo4S' Enables Face Detection When Shooting Video on the iPhone 4S

The iPhone 4S has face detection only for snapping photographs. The iPhone 5 has face detection for snapping photographs and for shooting video. Both iPhones are fast and capable phones, so isnít something a little unfair there, Apple?

If you have an iPhone 4S, and you want to enable the face detection feature for when shooting video, and not only for when snapping photographs, then you will want to download and try out a new free jailbreak tweak called FaceDetectionVideo4S by iOS developer PoomSmart.

FaceDetectionVideo4S is one of many jailbreak tweaks that PoomSmart has released for unlocking new features on certain iOS devices when Apple disables them by default. If you recall, the same developer also released LLBiPT5, which unlocked low light boost mode (iPhone 5-only) on the iPod touch 5G, and Still Capture Enabler, which enabled taking still images while in the middle of shooting video (iPhone 5-only) on the iPod touch 5G.

After installing FaceDetectionVideo4S, you will be able to start using the feature immediately from the stock Camera application. The tweak has no options to configure. FaceDetectionVideo4S is made only for the iPhone 4S, as it will not do anything on any other iOS device. You can grab the tweak from the BigBoss repository in Cydia right now!

Name: FaceDetectionVideo4S
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0-1
    Requirements: iPhone 4S
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: PoomSmart
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

shigh (03-04-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is there any noticeable changes when using this feature? I know it's free and all but I'm just curious.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcon1208 View Post
    Is there any noticeable changes when using this feature? I know it's free and all but I'm just curious.
    The first thing you'll notice are the green bounding boxes that appear around faces when you start shooting video.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

FYI to anyone that cares, the law that the Library of Congress issued to make cell phone unlocking illegal has been removed thanks to the We the People petition. I just got the email and it made me kind of happy...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by firedell6 View Post
    FYI to anyone that cares, the law that the Library of Congress issued to make cell phone unlocking illegal has been removed thanks to the We the People petition. I just got the email and it made me kind of happy...
    You're in the wrong thread lol.

The White House: "It's Time to Legalize Cell Phone Unlocking"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This brings me back to 2007 when Apple said MMS was impossible on iPhone 1 because the hardware didn't support it .. despite the technology already being old at the time and almost all modern hand-sets supporting it when the iphone launched... a jailbreak app called SwirlyMMS brought picture messaging to the iphone in a beautiful way.. then later came a tweak to seamlessly enable native MMS ...

Apple loves to hold back features as a way to force upgrades... Apple is continually guilty of it and they need to answer to it.. especially when you find tweaks like this where a simple tweak can turn it on .. it means they are lying about feature capabilities to force you to upgrade to the new hardware... they are intentionally holding back
    Last edited by oneduality; 03-04-2013 at 06:34 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

not sure what happen, but the app did not work on my 4S just a black screen. however it takes a picture just don't have any idea what you are taking a picture of, so I deleted it via cydia, never mind..... u just have to power off and then power up in order to take affect, its all good