Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iWatch Release Date Rumors Flood The Web - Lets Get Real

Default iWatch Release Date Rumors Flood The Web - Lets Get Real

This morning I awoke to my phone buzzing away with news from various sources about an iWatch-type device coming from Apple to be released this year. At first glance, things looked promising, but as I read through the headlines I started to question the material and noticed that everyone started to add in their own twist to this, all solely based on a line from a report by Bloomberg (apparently if they say it, it must be true right?). While there is nothing wrong with the report, it's what people took from the report and began to speculate on their own.

Apple seeks to introduce the device as soon as this year, this person said.
    A quick glance over at twitter and you see dozens of headlines streaming your feed about the iWatch and a supposed 9 month release (2013). Each one slightly varying from the next and taking on a new spin.

The thing to keep in mind is that there is a big difference between some entity reporting the notion of a future release and an official announcement from Apple. In this particular case, we are well aware of Apple's intentions to build a new iDevice suitable to be called the iWatch. It simply makes sense for apple to release a new product before the year is up, but that doesn't really mean that the iWatch is releasing in 2013.

Nobody really knows what kind of technology this iWatch is going to require, and for all we know it may not be readily available for another year or two. Does this mean we won't see an iWatch this year? No not at all. However, we need to keep in mind that before today, we were not further from knowing than we are now, after the Bloomberg report.

So let's get real, what are your thoughts on the iWatch rumors? Are you in favor of this notion or do you see the iWatch being held off for another year or two?

Check out this list of headlines

-reports.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 03-04-2013 at 10:31 AM.

I read somewhere that the "iWatch" could be a smart TV.

It would be funny if apple just resold the 6th and 7th gen iPod Nanos.

i think they should come out with a iwatch tv

If the iWatch is going to have an LCD screen, then viewing it outside on a sunny day is going to be impossible.. That is why i opted to get the Pebble.. http://getpebble.com/

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

An iWatch regardless of release date is not going to reverse Apple's stagnation and increasing reputation as last-decade's tech. Google's voice function is way superior to Siri and they are actively developing in a wide variety of tech areas (autonomous cars, Google Glasses), any of which could pay off big.

Quote Originally Posted by slayorktc View Post
    If the iWatch is going to have an LCD screen, then viewing it outside on a sunny day is going to be impossible.. That is why i opted to get the Pebble.. http://getpebble.com/
    I agree the Pebble is an awesome watch I have one and its super easy on the eyes in any light.

I also have the Sony smart watch which has LCD screen its impossible to see in the sunlight.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Just sayin'...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I read somewhere that the "iWatch" could be a smart TV.
    Idownloadblog covered this, because "iTV" is taken and they need something fresh, "iWatch" could be a TV as it explains exactly what you would be doing, watching TV.

if it has BT, i'll buy

Honestly I don't see why the I watch is getting so much traction it's unnatural for apple to make an I watch. Maybe a product that makes your nano a watch but instead apple will add more features like charging.. Other wise it's just ridiculous. Apples already known for fragile and expensive, the watch would be a horrible investment

Is JB out yet???
    ...just askin'!!

Last edited by chusfriends; 03-05-2013 at 10:03 AM.