Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weekly Tweak Recap Feb. 15 - Mar. 3

Default Weekly Tweak Recap Feb. 15 - Mar. 3

In case you've missed out on the new jailbreak tweaks Cydia has seen, this recap will highlight the tweaks we've shown you this week. These are in no specific order.

1. QuickPhoto – $4.99 ($3.99 Until March 5)

QuickPhoto is a Keylord-based keyboard that allows you to basically type photographs and videos to people without having to go through the multiple steps of inserting one photograph after another to send it. QuickPhoto works in several applications, such as Messages, Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Mail, Twitter, Tweetbot, WhatsApp, biteSMS, Messages+, and more to come. The tweak integrates seamlessly into the stock iOS keyboard, so everything feels lightweight. Check it out!

2. Signal 2 – $3.99

Signal 2 is the iOS 6-compatible version of Signal that allows you to see all of your nearby cellular towers mapped out before your eyes. The app is great for seeing how coverage is in your area.

3. Animer – 99

Animer allows the user to customize animations for banner notifications, pop-up alerts, and the App Switcher. There are several different fade and zoom animation options for each, and users can combine more than one animation to create awesome effects. Animer is great for the iOS modder out there trying to make their iOS device look different from everyone else's.

4. Clear Badges – FREE

Clear Badges is a jailbreak tweak that makes it easier than ever to get rid of unwanted home screen badges. The tweak lets the user double-tap on an application icon to remove a badge from the icon, but also comes with an SBSettings toggle to clear all badges, and a QuickDo gesture to clear all badges. The tweak is a great free alternative to some of the paid tweaks out there that do the same thing, and it works with iOS 6!

5. AutoResponder 2 – $3 (Introductory Price of $1.50)

AutoResponder 2 is the iOS 6-compatible version of AutoResponder and will let you set auto-responding messages that will be sent to people that text message you when you can’t necessarily answer their messages in a quick amount of time. The tweak makes it so you don’t make the contact feel like they’re being ignored. The messages can be configured from the preferences, and you can even select a delay time so it’s not so obvious that you’re using an automated reply. You'll also be able the choose the contacts that you want the tweak to work for. If you're a busy person, AutoResponder 2 might be right up your alley.

6. ABCD Keyboard – FREE

ABCD Keyboard lets you add an ABCD keyboard option to the English keyboards via the keyboard preferences in the Settings application. The ABCD keyboard might be good for younger children that don’t understand the QWERTY or QWERTZ keyboard layout, or if you just prefer the idea of an ABCD keyboard, you can use it for that reason too.

7. MyVibe – $1.99

MyVibe is a new jailbreak tweak that will disable vibrating when you place your iPhone on a flat table. This tweak was intended to help keep your phone from making an annoying buzzing noise on the table while it sits there. Also, if you put your iPhone face-down on the table, Do Not Disturb will be enabled. It's a handy tweak for those of you that go to class or have frequent meetings.

8. 2x2 Folder Icons – 99

2x2 Folder Icons is a tweak that lets people that don’t have ayecon installed, have the benefits of the 2x2 icon grid in the folder icon from the home screen. This little tweak comes for free with the ayecon theme, but if you want this feature for another theme, or for use without a theme at all, this is the tweak to get!

9. Go2Now – FREE

Go2Now allows the user to set a favorite Web site from the preferences pane of the tweak and then use an Activator action to easily open the Web site. The user has the option of configuring the Activator action they want to use, and also the option of choosing for the Web site to open in Mobile Safari or Google Chrome.

10. ShakeAir – FREE

ShakeAir is a new free tweak that allows the user to easily enable Airplane Mode from the lock screen by shaking the device. It’s good for when you want to save battery at night, or when you’re in the middle of class or a meeting. Not to mention, the free price tag is good for your wallet too!

11. Contact Fix for 6.1.x – FREE

Contact Fix for 6.1.x is a tweak that fixes a crashing issue with the Contacts application on iOS 6.1 and newer. It is a simple home-brew fix.

12. QuickShoot – FREE

QuickShoot allows the user to double-tap on the Camera application icon from the home screen to inconspicuously snap a photograph. No one around you will even know you took a photo, and it gets stored in the Camera Roll. Pretty sneaky!

13. IPActivator – FREE

IPActivator is a simple tweak that allows the user to perform an Activator action to see their device’s Wi-Fi IP address. The tweak is much more lightweight than SBSettings, and it is useful for anyone that uses SSH and needs to know what the IP address of the device is without the hassle of going through preference panes in the Settings application.

14. HUD Sliders – FREE

HUD Sliders puts a slider on your heads up display (HUD) so that if you have a case that makes it difficult to press your volume buttons, you can press a button once and then use a slider the rest of the way. The slider is configurable to be either a volume slider or a brightness slider from the preferences pane, so it could be useful on that front as well.

15. LandscapeVideos – FREE

LandscapeVideos is a tweak that forces native videos to play in landscape mode. Since there’s really no reason to waste pixels by trying to watch a video in portrait mode, this tweak will just send you right to landscape mode for videos, even if you have rotation lock set to portrait orientation. It doesn’t work for the YouTube app yet, but it works with many other apps!

16. PageJumps – FREE

PageJumps is an iOS 6-compatible version of SpringJumps that lets the user tap on icons to move to specific home screen pages. It comes with an option to enable and disable the swiping animation from page to page, which is toggled by holding on the 0 icon. This tweak is popular among some themers.

Stay tuned for next week's Weekly Tweak Recap - only on ModMyi!

If you missed our previous Weekly Tweak Recap, you can view it from this link.

QuickPhoto needs Yahoo! Mail app support

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does my vibe work when you have a cover on your iPhone and this is just by way does anyone know if there is a tweak or an app available both in apple AppStore or on cydia that can act as answering my machine when you cannot talk at the moment the person calls eg if you are driving I know auto responder is for SMS I but I need similar for calls any help will be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by godfred212 View Post
    Does my vibe work when you have a cover on your iPhone and this is just by way does anyone know if there is a tweak or an app available both in apple AppStore or on cydia that can act as answering my machine when you cannot talk at the moment the person calls eg if you are driving I know auto responder is for SMS I but I need similar for calls any help will be much appreciated.
    Lol. It's called voicemail!

not bad, but we're lacking the extraordinary tweak that changes how we use our devices! we need something mind blowing!

Hey what about Music4Me, is a great tweak and way better that ProTube

I really liked HUD sliders, but my phone was constantly rebooting into safe mode while I had it installed. I removed it and I haven't visited safe mode since.

Anyone else have a similar problem?

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    I really liked HUD sliders, but my phone was constantly rebooting into safe mode while I had it installed. I removed it and I haven't visited safe mode since.

Anyone else have a similar problem?

I've only seen a Safe Mode today, after having turned on sound using the lateral switch when phone was locked and display idle. Installed this tweak the first day it was available. Couldn't replicate it again in subsequent tries. Will keep an eye on this.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Saved0ne's Avatar
    Thanks

QuickShoot is cool... But needs to be a tad but faster. Great idea though.