+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Popular Tweak SpeakEvents Gets iOS 6 Support, New Features

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
A popular notification announcement tweak called SpeakEvents by iOS developer Mario Hros has been updated Sunday afternoon with support for iOS 6. The tweak’s major competitor Aloud , by iOS
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Popular Tweak SpeakEvents Gets iOS 6 Support, New Features

A popular notification announcement tweak called SpeakEvents by iOS developer Mario Hros has been updated Sunday afternoon with support for iOS 6. The tweak’s major competitor Aloud, by iOS developer Ori Kadosh, received an iOS 6 update at the beginning of February.

On top of iOS 6 support, the tweak also adds the ability to disable reading e-mail subjects, the ability to set volume levels up to 3x higher than before, and the ability to add custom pauses to announcements. To set pauses, the user can add /100/ to the custom announcement to create a 100ms pause, /250/ to create a 250ms pause, or /500/ to create a 500ms pause and so on.

In addition, users can now choose a separate volume level between the device being locked and the device being unlocked. More advanced users will be able to visit /Library/Application Support/SpeakEvents/Smileys.plist to set their own settings for announcing smileys.

The update is free for all existing owners, however those looking to grab the tweak for the first time now that it is iOS 6-compatible will have to shell out 1.99 AUD to buy the application from Cydia's BigBoss repository.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 03-03-2013 at 01:24 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

GraspGG (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,705 Times in 4,098 Posts

I like this tweak cool.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,534 Times in 5,852 Posts

^ditto, very cool.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Seen it, bought it, gave it a try, felt in love with it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I installed it but can't get it to work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xtremexp25 View Post
    I installed it but can't get it to work.
    Make sure to register your e-mail with the tweak (settings) then buy/download your license, and then reboot.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ridingsupreme's Avatar
    Thanks

Can I still pay for the app through PayPal and have it saved to my cydia purchased list? If not I think I'll pass and use "aloud" instead. Seems to have all the same features. Emailed activation is a pita compared to purchasing through cydia.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ridingsupreme View Post
    Can I still pay for the app through PayPal and have it saved to my cydia purchased list? If not I think I'll pass and use "aloud" instead. Seems to have all the same features. Emailed activation is a pita compared to purchasing through cydia.
    After you've purchased the tweak, you basically enter the e-mail address into the preferences pane on every device you plan to install it on, and tap on a button to activate the license on each device.

It is more painstaking than Aloud, I agree.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I agree with this guy's tweet. One of the best JB tweaks and once you use it iOS is just not the same without.
    Wonder if he is going to come through with the coinage? That's roughly one hundie right?

Thanks
    Great tweak! People always get freaked out when my iPhone speaks time, messages, etc. I also have mine speaking with the Australian accent just for fun!
    iFan

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Anyone having issue with spoken caller name? As soon as it gets spoken, phone stops ringing and vibrating. Very easy to miss a call if you miss the initial short vibrate or the spoken caller's name. Happens to me with heapdhones or without, having the "suppress original sound" option on or off.