+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Fix That Annoying Screen Brightness Glitch When You Respring

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
You know what’s annoying sometimes? – When you respring your iOS device, the brightness always seems to go all the way down, and then it takes forever to re-correct itself
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default How to Fix That Annoying Screen Brightness Glitch When You Respring

You know what’s annoying sometimes? – When you respring your iOS device, the brightness always seems to go all the way down, and then it takes forever to re-correct itself after the device starts back up again. Sometimes it doesn’t even re-correct itself; sometimes the glitch doesn't even happen at all. This annoyance makes it really hard to see your display after a respring, and sometimes you have to adjust your screen brightness manually just to see it.

The glitch occurs on iOS 6 when developers don't update jailbreak tweaks to respring by killing backboard instead of killing SpringBoard. On iOS 5, the method to respring was kill SpringBoard, while on iOS 6, developers should respring by killing backboard.

The bug becomes a real pain after a while, and I don't know about you, but I'm about fed up with it. For those of you that agree, you'll want to grab a new free jailbreak tweak that fixes this problem, and it’s called BrightnessFix for iOS 6 by iOS developer Jonas Gessner.

After you install the tweak, the brightness may go down at the beginning of a respring, but by the time the device starts back up, the brightness returns to the level that it was at before initiating the respring. In other words, you've cured the annoying brightness glitch!

The idea of the jailbreak community generating home-brew fixes for iOS is wonderful; just recently, a tweak fixing a crashing issue for the Contacts application was released, and before that, a tweak fixing an issue causing lots of junk files to accumulate after each respring was released.

The tweak is available right now at no cost in the ModMyi repository of Cydia. Go and get it!

Name: BrightnessFix for iOS 6
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 6
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: Jonas Gessner
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 03-04-2013 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Originally package pulled, new package now available in Cydia

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

dsg (03-02-2013), MUFC55 (03-02-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I found that just turning off the display and turning it back on would fix the brightness for me.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Outrager For This Useful Post:

DRFP (03-04-2013), melvin1010 (03-02-2013), ohthatguyagain (03-02-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
    Thanks

Was a tweak really necessary? Why not just turn off the screen then turn it back on? This always fixed my screen, but is doing that such a hard thing to do?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mc-Lovin_341's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank god for this. It's annoying changing the brightness every time after a respring

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WithinTemptationFan View Post
    Was a tweak really necessary? Why not just turn off the screen then turn it back on? This always fixed my screen, but is doing that such a hard thing to do?
    Is it really necessary to create more work for yourself when a tweak will fix it for you?

haha

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

catstide (03-03-2013), dsg (03-02-2013), EdgeNsketch (04-22-2013), Hip5 (03-02-2013), Jj2345 (03-02-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

Needed this. Thanks!

Thanks

Is they a tweak that fixes the weather app? I jailbroke with evasi0n day it came out which the weather app crashed then I had restored my iPhone so I re jailbroke with the latest evasi0n version and everything was fine but today the weather has stopped working again.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mc-Lovin_341 View Post
    Is they a tweak that fixes the weather app? I jailbroke with evasi0n day it came out which the weather app crashed then I had restored my iPhone so I re jailbroke with the latest evasi0n version and everything was fine but today the weather has stopped working again.
    Wow.... U don't come around here very often do you? Have u ever even opened Cydia and seen the updates available for your phone? You will find your answer there...The answer is yes btw. Do what I just said (open Cydia, then click on updates) and download and install UITools.
    El Zurdo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Wow.... U don't come around here very often do you? Have u ever even opened Cydia and seen the updates available for your phone? You will find your answer there...The answer is yes btw. Do what I just said (open Cydia, then click on updates) and download and install UITools.
    I do that that cheers but still have the problem, I have read on here about the update fixing it but doesn't work

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Glad that someone has come up with a fix for this, it was driving me nuts before

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah all you have to do is turn off the screen quick pressing the top button n then back on and it's fixed

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,981 Times in 772 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Outrager View Post
    I found that just turning off the display and turning it back on would fix the brightness for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by WithinTemptationFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmv4 View Post
    Yeah all you have to do is turn off the screen quick pressing the top button n then back on and it's fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroskater61 View Post
    Normally what I would do is just hit the power/sleep button to turn the screen off then turn it back on again and it's fixed. It's a quick 2sec fix really and doesn't get on my nerves as much.

Harder to change your Sleep/Wake button when you've worn it out
    Last edited by dsg; 03-02-2013 at 06:00 PM.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    Harder to change your Sleep/Wake button when you've worn it out
    Oh.well, that's definitely not good.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

I had this problem too, thanks

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,112 Times in 6,253 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mc-Lovin_341 View Post
    Did you install app sync?
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

See for me the screen off then on doesn't work. This tweak will save a lot of curse words haha.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

No tweak needed to fix this problem...Just turn off display then back on... Just like it says in the first post...

Thanks

Nice! And I'll have to try your tip next time.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The should put all the fixes on the next jailbreak update..
    No Sig Spam

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Normally what I would do is just hit the power/sleep button to turn the screen off then turn it back on again and it's fixed. It's a quick 2sec fix really and doesn't get on my nerves as much.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast