+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Fix That Annoying Screen Brightness Glitch When You Respring

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard Yeah, they're separate so you'd have to remove the old one and install the new one. If any updates come out, the new one is
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,833 Times in 4,436 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Yeah, they're separate so you'd have to remove the old one and install the new one.

If any updates come out, the new one is the tweak that will get the support, as the old one is no longer supported due to being pulled.
    Understood. I'll make the change. Now, Anthony, if we can get 'even a band-aid fix' for the battery stats kill bug. Keep your eyes out for all of us, dude! I look forward to a news flash about a fix for that pain in the azz bug.. Once that one's fixed - then I'm back to all the functionality I had on 4S with 5.1.1 except WAY AWESOME-ER on the iP5.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,795 Times in 3,028 Posts

Standard fix will be your band aid until everyone else fixes the problem.

Yea, this one is newer.
    But a band aid for what? It doesn't work for me. Does it work for you? And if so what method of respring?

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    But a band aid for what? It doesn't work for me. Does it work for you? And if so what method of respring?
    It works for me – brightness starts out low and as soon as the lock screen comes up, brightness is restored to what it was prior to respring.

Methods of respring include, but are not limited to: Cydia and Auxo.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Pinoy (03-05-2013)

Thanks

Any respring I do from any app no longer dims my brightness with this tweak. It's not working for you, Pinoy? Wow... I hate how much inconsistency there is from phone to phone when jail broken. This is why Jobs hated jail breaking. He wanted every user to have the same excellent experience.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Pinoy (03-05-2013)

Thanks

Gotcha fellas, it's just on my end. I had a deb file for this fix prior to release and that one worked for me. No luck since I tried the official packages. Now even if I go back to the original deb I used its not working. Darn finicky iPhones. Maybe something got contaminated along the way.

What's the battery issue your mentioning Grant?

Thanks

Gotcha fellas, it's just on my end. I had a deb file for this fix prior to release and that one worked for me. No luck since I tried the official packages. Now even if I go back to the original deb I used its not working. Darn finicky iPhones. Maybe something got contaminated along the way.

What's the battery issue your mentioning Grant?
    Not just me, Pinoy. Seems to be universal (if there's such a thing -- uggh).. Recharge your phone - look at battery stats in General --> Usage. You'll see hours of StandBy and hours of Use. Now go into Winterboard or Springtomize or anything that resprings and RESPRING. Zammo.. Battery stats gone. Tells you the stats will return after a new full charge. Maddening !!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Pinoy (03-05-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Not just me, Pinoy. Seems to be universal (if there's such a thing -- uggh).. Recharge your phone - look at battery stats in General --> Usage. You'll see hours of StandBy and hours of Use. Now go into Winterboard or Springtomize or anything that resprings and RESPRING. Zammo.. Battery stats gone. Tells you the stats will return after a new full charge. Maddening !!!!
    Gotcha. I never look at that so I'm safe lol.

Thanks

So the first version that was pulled seems to work better for me. The new version always seems to be way to bright when in a dark environment. The old one adjust much better when on auto brightness.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    So the first version that was pulled seems to work better for me. The new version always seems to be way to bright when in a dark environment. The old one adjust much better when on auto brightness.
    I can confirm this. The earlier one worked much better with auto-brightness. Glad I saved the .deb file so I can reinstall. Does anybody know the problem with the original one that made them pull it from Cydia?

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

I can confirm this. The earlier one worked much better with auto-brightness. Glad I saved the .deb file so I can reinstall. Does anybody know the problem with the original one that made them pull it from Cydia?
    The first one was stolen code from the new one.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (03-07-2013)

Thanks

Weird?? Well the old one works better. Go figure..

Thanks

Something changed in the new one because if I went from a dimly lit room to a completely dark room my phone would get brighter when unlocked and I would have to manually adjust it so as not to get blinded. The old one works perfect for me.

I also kept the deb from the first one so I am using it again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    Something changed in the new one because if I went from a dimly lit room to a completely dark room my phone would get brighter when unlocked and I would have to manually adjust it so as not to get blinded. The old one works perfect for me.
    Yeah - me too. I went back to it. They broke something in the new version. Glad I kept a .deb of the old one)

Thanks

Yeah - me too. I went back to it. They broke something in the new version. Glad I kept a .deb of the old one)
    Can you or somebody share it please? I downloaded this new fix but I'm still having the max brightness problems you guys are pointing out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    Can you or somebody share it please? I downloaded this new fix but I'm still having the max brightness problems you guys are pointing out.
    To be clear - my issue is not a max briteness issue. Or are you saying that's the issue with the 'new iteration' of the tweak?

Thanks

To be clear - my issue is not a max briteness issue. Or are you saying that's the issue with the 'new iteration' of the tweak?
    It has always happened before and after installing this fix.

I will for instance lower my brightness at night to the lowest setting, then say the phone autolocks, when unlocking again -- my brightness will be medium-max brightness. It is the opposite at times as well I'll higher my brightness and after a respring or autolock/unlock it will be set to the lowest brightness. What gives?!

I'm willing to give any tweak a try as its driving me crazy...I have already restored from new and I don't have a TON of tweaks installed either.

Thanks

Hmm. The problem that the new AND the old tweak fixes is only a full dimming after a respring from some tweaks. The 'full brite' aspects that you're referring to won't be fixed by either of these tweaks - the new or old one. Sounds like you have two different issues.

Those of us who had the old one have been asked not to share since it was pirated - and that's why it was pulled from Cydia. So I'm not a liberty to share it. I'm sorry. Write to the developer of the new one and share with them your bug report.

Good luck!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I encounter this issue no only after respring, but pretty much every time I unlock/lock. Well, no every time but often enough. Does this tweak fix it?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,851 Times in 858 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    It has always happened before and after installing this fix.

I will for instance lower my brightness at night to the lowest setting, then say the phone autolocks, when unlocking again -- my brightness will be medium-max brightness. It is the opposite at times as well I'll higher my brightness and after a respring or autolock/unlock it will be set to the lowest brightness. What gives?!

I'm willing to give any tweak a try as its driving me crazy...I have already restored from new and I don't have a TON of tweaks installed either.
    Do u have Auto-Brightness turned on under: Settings.app -> Brightness & Wallpaper?

Quote Originally Posted by 4004 View Post
    I encounter this issue no only after respring, but pretty much every time I unlock/lock. Well, no every time but often enough. Does this tweak fix it?
    The new one 'might' fix it...

I have both installed and I seem to be running fine 98% of the time

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345