Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Fix That Annoying Screen Brightness Glitch When You Respring

Thanks
    Thanked 3,264 Times in 1,391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Actually my brightness seems to go all the way up. I hope this tweak fixes when it's released again.
    Here you go, Zok!

removed by request of developer
    Last edited by Simon; 03-04-2013 at 11:25 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (03-04-2013)

[QUOTE=thazsar;6786461]Here you go, Zok!

It works!

I also want to note that turning my screen off and on never worked for me. It wasn't so hard to do though because of Brightness Activator Action.
    Last edited by Simon; 03-04-2013 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WithinTemptationFan View Post
    Was a tweak really necessary? Why not just turn off the screen then turn it back on? This always fixed my screen, but is doing that such a hard thing to do?
    This doesn't always work...

Has this tweak been pulled from Cydia?

[QUOTE=thazsar;6786461]Here you go, Zok!

Is this the deb to the original one before they pulled from Cydia?
    Last edited by Simon; 03-04-2013 at 11:26 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Is it really necessary to create more work for yourself when a tweak will fix it for you?

haha
    Hey Anthony, off topic, but I am having a hard time finding this tweak in Cydia. I have tried in search and I have looked in Modmyi's repo and it is not showing up. Any suggestions. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ukblake View Post
    Hey Anthony, off topic, but I am having a hard time finding this tweak in Cydia. I have tried in search and I have looked in Modmyi's repo and it is not showing up. Any suggestions. Thanks.
    Nevermind, I see that a new one is being developed. I should have read first.
    Last edited by ukblake; 03-04-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,264 Times in 1,391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Is this the deb to the original one before they pulled from Cydia?
    Yes sir!

Thanks

Anyone know why the first version was pulled? If its a bug in the tweak, I would love to know if its effecting my iPhone. The tweak seems to work great for me, before when I pulled my phone out of my pocket it would always be below the minimum brightness level on the slider.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it really necessary to create more work for yourself when a tweak will fix it for you?

haha
    Hey, Why Think?.....There's an APP for that!

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    Hey, Why Think?.....There's an APP for that!
    If you want to do more work, you can.

Actually after installing this my brightness is turned all the way down after a respring, and turning the screen off and on doesn't fix it. My brightness is usually toward the lower end of the spectrum though, so it's better I guess.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WithinTemptationFan View Post
    Was a tweak really necessary? Why not just turn off the screen then turn it back on? This always fixed my screen, but is doing that such a hard thing to do?
    I wouldn't so much call this a tweak, it's more of a fix. And, it's not about it being hard to workaround it's about the phone functioning as it should without having to do little workaround a every time you pull the phone out to use it.

The tweak is working perfectly for me. No more dims after respring! Finally! Now all they have to do is fix the battery stats erasure issue and get the Ram leak out of SBSettings and I'll be back to 5.1.1 stability/functionality!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    This site has a no warez policy. That tool was made to allow warez to be installed..
    I really disagree, as that's not what the tool was actually created for, but regardless, I wont continue this discussion here. I have created a post and a poll in the MMI site / Chit chat forum, that appears to be the most appropriate place to discussion things like this.

iPhone? More like MyPhone WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    I wouldn't so much call this a tweak, it's more of a fix. And, it's not about it being hard to workaround it's about the phone functioning as it should without having to do little workaround a every time you pull the phone out to use it.
    Oh ok. Well I've only had this problem occur like once or twice. After that I've never had the brightness dim problem ever again.

Post updated with information about the new version of the jailbreak tweak.

This version is by iOS developer Jonas Gessner and is called "BrightnessFix for iOS 6." It can be found in the ModMyi repository right now refresh your sources and you'll find it!

This version is by iOS developer Jonas Gessner and is called "BrightnessFix for iOS 6." It can be found in the ModMyi repository right now refresh your sources and you'll find it!
    Does this one replace the iFix that's still on my phone and working beautifully?

Anthony do you know which method of respring this works for? Both my Auxo and NC respring are still affected by the dim. Winterboard has never dimmed for me. It seems all developers of individual methods need to implement a fix. A standard fix seems worthless!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Anthony do you know which method of respring this works for? Both my Auxo and NC respring are still affected by the dim. Winterboard has never dimmed for me. It seems all developers of individual methods need to implement a fix. A standard fix seems worthless!
    Standard fix will be your band aid until everyone else fixes the problem.

Does this one replace the iFix that's still on my phone and working beautifully?
    Yea, this one is newer.

Yea, this one is newer.
    The older one is called 'iFix'. This one has a different name. So should I just 'uninstall' iFix and then install this one? I don't think this one will 'upgrade' the old one as Cydia sees them as separate tweaks.

The older one is called 'iFix'. This one has a different name. So should I just 'uninstall' iFix and then install this one? I don't think this one will 'upgrade' the old one as Cydia sees them as separate tweaks.
    Yeah, they're separate so you'd have to remove the old one and install the new one.

If any updates come out, the new one is the tweak that will get the support, as the old one is no longer supported due to being pulled.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (03-04-2013)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast