+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Fix That Annoying Screen Brightness Glitch When You Respring

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by luvmytj For some reason I cannot find this in the repository. Even after a hard reboot which usually works for me. Anyone else have issues? Pulled -
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    For some reason I cannot find this in the repository. Even after a hard reboot which usually works for me. Anyone else have issues?
    Pulled - wait for the new version to be released.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,257 Times in 395 Posts

Kinda useless... Just lock phone right after respring when it shows lockscreen. that fixes it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jkauf55 View Post
    Kinda useless... Just lock phone right after respring when it shows lockscreen. that fixes it.
    That's inconvenient.

I wanna use my phone as soon as it resprings without locking it.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,874 Times in 4,446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    That's inconvenient.

I wanna use my phone as soon as it resprings without locking it.
    I agree! Hey, Anthony. Have you been turned on to the battery stat saving workaround for respring yet? Simon turned me onto it. Maybe you already know as well.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Wow.... U don't come around here very often do you? Have u ever even opened Cydia and seen the updates available for your phone? You will find your answer there...The answer is yes btw. Do what I just said (open Cydia, then click on updates) and download and install UITools.
    Wrong. There is a simple tweak/fix to install now. Update your Cydia and look.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I agree! Hey, Anthony. Have you been turned on to the battery stat saving workaround for respring yet? Simon turned me onto it. Maybe you already know as well.
    Not yet

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

This doesn't work all the time.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't see it in the cydia repo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    i don't see it in the cydia repo
    Please read the previous comments.

Thanks

This tweak worked great for me. Now I need to install it on the wife's phone when it is back in the repo.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djaquapimp View Post
    This is how to fix the weather app

1. Remove that tool you use to sync unsigned apps
    I really wish people would stop attacking tools. Tools like App Sync can be used for plenty of legitimate reasons, such as when you want to have multiple versions of an app on your device. You need something like App sync since you'd have to change the app's (bundle) identifier, thus invalidating the app's signature. With App Sync, iTunes would refuse to install it to the device. I have used this to run an older version of Skype (while having a newest current version installed, allowing me to have multiple accounts at once if I need.) I also do this when I just prefer an older version and don't want iTunes bugging me about updates, AND still be able to test out the newest version without disturbing what I already have.

So again, please stop attacking the tools, stop creating bogus taboos when such effort should be focused on the behavior instead. It's like out-lawing all guns because some people used them to murder people. That doesn't mean people shouldn't be able to own and use them for self-defense. Same goes for things like App Sync, Bit-Torrent, ed2k, etc. There's nothing wrong or bad about using them in and of themselves. Just because a tool can be used for nefarious deeds, it doesn't make them any less useful of a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by sargd66 View Post
    It has to do with some pirate repo site or pirated app that you may be using. If this is the case for you. They fixed the weather app crashes awhile ago.
    Please stop spreading random rumors about things you seem to know nothing about. Tools like App Sync have nothing to do with the Weather app crash, which has already been well established (unless you're using some hacked out version of it, in which case you're always taking your chances.)

I've been using App Sync since I jail broke on 6.1 and haven't had one single issue. I only use it to run multiple (and older) versions of some apps, and because I swapped out the app icons for one particular app for the older ones they used to use a while back) all of which would not be installable without such a tool (iTunes would reject it, since the signature would no longer match.)
    Last edited by alanjf; 03-03-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alanjf View Post
    I've been using App Sync since I jail broke on 6.1 and haven't had one single issue. I only use it to run multiple (and older) versions of some apps, and because I swapped out the app icons for one particular app for the older ones they used to use a while back) all of which would not be installable without such a tool (iTunes would reject it, since the signature would no longer match.)
    App Sync has been known to cause a few issues. It causes keyboard shortcuts to not work for one. I have tried App Sync from several repos and all of them make my shortcuts stop working. An uninstall of App Sync and a reboot and they are working again. I don't have a need for it any more though.
    Last edited by slim.jim; 03-03-2013 at 05:56 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    ******* has been known to cause a few issues. It causes keyboard shortcuts to not work for one. I have tried ******* from several repos and all of them make my shortcuts stop working. An uninstall of ******* and a reboot and they are working again.
    Not sure what's with all the asterixes above, but as far as App Sync goes, I haven't had any of the issues you described, running on a 4S, iOS 6.1, "app sync 5.0+" 2.2, which is the same deb package I had when jail broken under iOS 5. I can only assume these problems may be from a newer version or some repos have modified versions. I got mine originally directly from the author, I think it was from his github iirc, and never ever had any problems resulting from it. Again, this is a tool, nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,116 Times in 6,945 Posts

Not sure what's with all the asterixes above, but as far as App Sync goes, I haven't had any of the issues you described, running on a 4S, iOS 6.1, "app sync 5.0+" 2.2, which is the same deb package I had when jail broken under iOS 5. I can only assume these problems may be from a newer version or some repos have modified versions. I got mine originally directly from the author, I think it was from his github iirc, and never ever had any problems resulting from it. Again, this is a tool, nothing more, nothing less.
    The asterix are there because it is a tool we cannot discuss on MMi because of it's uses regarding warez, which are against forum rules. I understand what you are saying and do see cases where it could be legitly used. However we do ask that you respect the forum rules regarding this.

Thanks

i couldnt find this tweak in cydia

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    The asterix are there because it is a tool we cannot discuss on MMi because of it's uses regarding warez, which are against forum rules. I understand what you are saying and do see cases where it could be legitly used. However we do ask that you respect the forum rules regarding this.
    While I always try my best to respect and follow the rules of an establishment, and try to avoid getting into arguments about policy, I feel this particular regulation does a real disservice to both users and to the tool itself, giving people the wrong idea that just because it can be used to do wrong, that this is it's one and only usage, when the truth (which some people seem to go out of their way to avoid mentioning) is that without it, it is extremely difficult to do things such as running multiple versions of, modified versions of, or old, preferable versions of an app.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the whole point of jail-breaking is being in control of one's device, and ridding one's device of the shackles a stock device is otherwise stuck with. App Sync allows one to upload anything, signed, unsigned, modified, et al. No shackles, just like most computers, laptops, etc. It can be misused, as can a lot of things. So with all due respect, this sort of censoring just ends up unfairly tainting the perception of such a tool.
    Last edited by alanjf; 03-03-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,874 Times in 4,446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Not yet
    The battery stat erase glitch after respring is related to the brightness dimming bug after respring too. How caches get cleared in iOS 6 is different than before. So simply put - each app maker is gonna have to redo how respring works. For the moment "ACTIVATOR's" respring sub routine doesn't clear battery stats. So Simon taught me to assign a 'double tap' on the sleep button set to RESPRING. This does not clear battery stats!

The only trick is in places like Winterboard and cydia you have to be careful. For after a Cydia download that requires respring you need to get back to the home screen (home button) without respringing -then go into the app switcher and kill cydia from in there and then use your activator respring keystroke. While in WB, make changes you want then use your Activator Respring. So far it's working for me.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    The battery stat erase glitch after respring is related to the brightness dimming bug after respring too. How caches get cleared in iOS 6 is different than before. So simply put - each app maker is gonna have to redo how respring works. For the moment "ACTIVATOR's" respring sub routine doesn't clear battery stats. So Simon taught me to assign a 'double tap' on the sleep button set to RESPRING. This does not clear battery stats!

The only trick is in places like Winterboard and cydia you have to be careful. For after a Cydia download that requires respring you need to get back to the home screen (home button) without respringing -then go into the app switcher and kill cydia from in there and then use your activator respring keystroke. While in WB, make changes you want then use your Activator Respring. So far it's working for me.
    Oh ya.

They need to kill backboard now and not springboard.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,116 Times in 6,945 Posts

While I always try my best to respect and follow the rules of an establishment, and try to avoid getting into arguments about policy, I feel this particular regulation does a real disservice to both users and to the tool itself, giving people the wrong idea that just because it can be used to do wrong, that this is it's one and only usage, when the truth (which some people seem to go out of their way to avoid mentioning) is that without it, it is extremely difficult to do things such as running multiple versions of, modified versions of, or old, preferable versions of an app.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the whole point of jail-breaking is being in control of one's device, and ridding one's device of the shackles a stock device is otherwise stuck with. App Sync allows one to upload anything, signed, unsigned, modified, et al. No shackles, just like most computers, laptops, etc. It can be misused, as can a lot of things. So with all due respect, this sort of censoring just ends up unfairly tainting the perception of such a tool.
    This is not a debate about whether or not it should be allowed or not. The fact is it was created and mostly used for syncing cracked apps. Your legitimate uses make no difference. This site has a no warez policy. That tool was made to allow warez to be installed. Simple as that. If you have a further need to debate this I suggest contacting the site owners, their site, their rules. This thread has nothing to do with it in any case so discussing it here is also off topic. Any further off topic discussion with regard to app sync will simply be deleted.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (03-03-2013)

Thanks

Actually my brightness seems to go all the way up. I hope this tweak fixes when it's released again.