Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumored Polycarbonate iPhone Late 2013 - Entry Level iPhone Delays iPhone 6

Default Rumored Polycarbonate iPhone Late 2013 - Entry Level iPhone Delays iPhone 6

Do you remember the legacy MacBooks for entry-level consumers that sported a polycarbonate body? Earlier today Michael discussed the iPhone 5S being rumored to be released in August this year. He also mentioned the possibility of a polycarbonate body, a rumors which is coming to life of, as reporst are stating the new iPhone "Mini" will be sporting a polycarbonate body just like the oldschool MacBooks.

Word has been buzzing for some time about an "iPhone Mini", an entry-level iPhone, with a $330 price point. This would make it about the same price as the 16-gigabyte Wi-fi only iPad Mini. Rumors which have now been gearing towards a body made from polycarbonate material. This would obviously help Apple produce these iPhones at a reasonable cost.

Mac Otakara reported yesterday that not only will Apple be releasing this new entry-level iPhone soon, the company may also be temporarily postponing the release of a the iPhone 5 successor, aka the large screen iPhone 6. Meanwhile the "iPhone 5S" is expected to have two flash modules that will be located right next to the camera lens. Otakara said that the new model may resemble the design of existing iPhones thus far, right down to the home button.

I really have no idea what to expect, but from the sound of things, I would assume that Apple knows what they are doing. What are you thoughts on this possible Polycarbonate iPhone?

Attachment 624430
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -0013.jpg  
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 03-01-2013 at 05:59 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Interesting....

So for those of us that love the size of the iPhone 4S, were out of luck. I wish Steve Jobs was still around!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really care what they do in the mean time... But whatever they release approximately 2 years after the iPhone 5 better be awesome cuz that's my upgrade window!

The home button on the side is both terrible in appearance, and convenience.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Raybeast For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (03-01-2013)

Lol not going to happen

Haven't we learned yet?! Get it together already... They do not do design changes on S models just upgraded hardware.
    Not going to happen *fail*

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jwil736 For This Useful Post:

Carvensno (03-01-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 Times in 750 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
    Haven't we learned yet?! Get it together already... They do not do design changes on S models just upgraded hardware.
    Not going to happen *fail*
    Thanks!!! +1

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

I actually like the side mounted home button. Without the home button on the face you can gain an inch to the screen without the size of the phone. It would take getting used to after owning every iPhone thus far.

If you type on your iphone with one hand then the button on the side shouldn't be a big deal. I think it's a great idea to maximize the screen while keeping the one button concept

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

They would be completely missing the mark at $330. It needs to be $200 or less if they want people to buy it. $330 is way to high for a plastic prepaid iPhone. I can buy an unlocked iPhone 4 on eBay for less than that and use it as a prepaid phone with next to no issues.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Polycarbonate = cracks

That's great and all. Now instead of metal iOS product, we'll have another plastic one, with the same OS. I think the iPhone 5 is fine, change the OS. Release something intuitive and new.

Quote Originally Posted by katheikia View Post
    So for those of us that love the size of the iPhone 4S, were out of luck. I wish Steve Jobs was still around!!!
    Exactly how I feel. Fapple needs to get its $h1t together.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raybeast View Post
    The home button on the side is both terrible in appearance, and convenience.
    Those pictures appeared in a TechCrunch article the other day. They have absolutely NOTHING to do with this story. They are just some guys idea of what he thinks the iPhone should look like. I don't know why they have attached them to this article.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Polycarbonate = cracks
    I hope so then I can get back to fixing iPhones .

Trololol iphone 5 parts aren't worth it to me .. 3G 3GS 4 4s have been

Thanks

Im not a fan of the polycarbonate Macs as they feel cheap. I would not want a phone that felt that way either. Personally, Im waiting for the iPhone 6 as I want some real change if any at all.

Thanks

That is so sexy...

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

absolutley no way this will happen

Quote Originally Posted by katheikia View Post
    I really respect jobs but people think he was literally the one who created EVERYTHING at apple worth money and every else is just ruining apple without Steve's guidance. The main reason the big guys respect Steve isn't the consumer perspective it's the fact Steve came back to his cofounded wrecked company and stuck with it until it became a huge power company. It's not like he created everything it's the fact he brought it up and did what CEOs do, lead the company tell them when to release products etc. not create every part of the iPhone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast