+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ProTube Extension for YouTube Updated With Support for Today's YouTube Update

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Earlier today, Google updated the YouTube application for iOS so that users could beam videos to their T.V., Xbox, or Playstation 3 and upload videos to YouTube with the YouTube
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default ProTube Extension for YouTube Updated With Support for Today's YouTube Update

Earlier today, Google updated the YouTube application for iOS so that users could beam videos to their T.V., Xbox, or Playstation 3 and upload videos to YouTube with the YouTube Capture application with a new in-app shortcut. The update also improved Wi-Fi buffering on slower networks.

While the new features are fine and dandy, the update also broke a popular YouTube extension called ProTube Extension for YouTube (formerly known as ProTube 2) by iOS developer Jonas Gessner. ProTube Extension for YouTube has been updated Thursday evening with support for the new YouTube update. The new version no longer causes the YouTube application to crash. The update also fixes a couple of interface glitches and downloading problems.

ProTube Extension for YouTube, in case you’ve never heard of it, adds many awesome features to Google’s YouTube application, including an ad-blocker, the ability to download videos, the ability to choose video quality, AirPlay support, and much more.

If you’re an existing owner of ProTube Extension for YouTube, you can download the update for free from Cydia’s BigBoss repository right now. If you do not yet own the tweak you don’t know what you’re missing and you should shell out the $1.99 to get the tweak today!

ProTube Extension for YouTube is compatible with both iOS 5 and iOS 6.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-28-2013 at 08:48 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (03-01-2013), Sk37cH (03-01-2013)

Thanks

That was quick
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

on the appstore there is a protube that cost 0.99 it does everything this extension does. has someone copied Jonas Gessner?

My iPhone is a Part of Me radioBirdman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mpwn View Post
    on the appstore there is a protube that cost 0.99 it does everything this extension does. has someone copied Jonas Gessner?
    If it really does everything ProTube 2 does I doubt it will be on the App Store for long.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,874 Times in 1,182 Posts

Haven't been able to get this to download anything yet. I've got the latest YouTube and the latest Extension. It never worked for me before either. I've always supported this devs work, and I've sent him an email and tried contacting him on twitter. I've re-installed both App and Extension, done a re-boot, and tried all the usual fixes, but still nothing. I get a blank thumbnail, but the video doesn't even start to download. Anyone got any suggestions?....or am I left in the days of YourTube?

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post
    Haven't been able to get this to download anything yet. I've got the latest YouTube and the latest Extension. It never worked for me before either. I've always supported this devs work, and I've sent him an email and tried contacting him on twitter. I've re-installed both App and Extension, done a re-boot, and tried all the usual fixes, but still nothing. I get a blank thumbnail, but the video doesn't even start to download. Anyone got any suggestions?....or am I left in the days of YourTube?
    You try the latest version? One of the fixes has to do with a rare downloading issue.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Sk37cH (03-01-2013)

Thanks

Thank you for your reply. I'm running Protube extension Ver 1.1.2 and YouTube Ver 1.2.1. These are the latest as far as I know. I'm on iOS 6.1.2 and quite willing to do a complete restore just for this tweak....if that's what it needs, and if apple is still signing 6.1.2. Where I live I have very expensive 3G Internet for my home, and in order to supply community support to the themes I do, I sometimes download the icon tutorials so as to save $$$. It would make my day to have this working. Thank you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Seems there is a problem when opening youtube links via safari, it shows could not collect video information, please re-open the video to retry. If directly opened from the youtube app itself all is fine.

Thanks

Ok...So I got a video to download after several attempts, but it won't download again. Pleeeeeeaaasssee advise if I should do a restore the signing window is getting close to finished for 6.1.2, and this could be because I had Protube2 installed and then did a fresh restore to 6.1.2, then JB, and then synced my contacts and apps etc. maybe this has brought some YouTube things across that contained the old ProTube 2 stuff, and because I've not installed ProTube2 before installing the "Extension for YouTube" it's not remove the old files? Thank you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post
    Ok...So I got a video to download after several attempts, but it won't download again. Pleeeeeeaaasssee advise if I should do a restore the signing window is getting close to finished for 6.1.2, and this could be because I had Protube2 installed and then did a fresh restore to 6.1.2, then JB, and then synced my contacts and apps etc. maybe this has brought some YouTube things across that contained the old ProTube 2 stuff, and because I've not installed ProTube2 before installing the "Extension for YouTube" it's not remove the old files? Thank you.
    Just e-mail the developer through Cydia and ask what's up.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Sk37cH (03-02-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Why is this tweak ok to talk about and pandora downloader isn't? Protube extension can accomplish the same thing, rip a video to mp3 and save it.

Can someone shed some light on this policy?
    mod/edit links removed.