+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Freemium Game Real Racing 3 Now Available in the App Store

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Freemium Game Real Racing 3 Now Available in the App Store

If you’re an iOS gamer, then you know all about the Real Racing series by EA. Real Racing has just about the highest quality graphics of any racing game on the iOS platform. For a mobile device, at least, the graphics are just insane.

Real Racing 3, the latest version of the game, is available in the App Store for free as a freemium game. This means the game is being offered for free, but there are tons of in-app upgrades that will cost you actual money if you want to unlock the upgrades faster than the game is willing to let you unlock them naturally.

Real Racing 3 doesn't slouch on graphics. If you've tried it, you probably understand why we say that Real Racing 3 probably has some of the best graphics out of any game on the iOS App Store. The game comes with 45 different cars from companies like Porsche, Lamborghini, Dodge, Bugatti, and Audi. The tracks are real tracks as well. The game also includes the anticipated Time Shifted Multi-player mode.

If you want to grab Real Racing 3 for free, the download link is right here.

Sources: App Store

Thanks

5 hours for an upgrade
    The game has very good graphics but the fact that EA made a Shift 2 Unleashed + Autolog (****** multiplayer) clone out of it makes it less good than RR2.
    It's sad to see a great game being ruined by money-hungry-monkeyz.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoolygan View Post
    5 hours for an upgrade
    The game has very good graphics but the fact that EA made a Shift 2 Unleashed + Autolog (****** multiplayer) clone out of it makes it less good than RR2.
    It's sad to see a great game being ruined by money-hungry-monkeyz.
    i concur!

But for a game like the RR franchise, I actually dont mind some of the upgrades as I was so addicted to RR 2, it was one of the best racing games at the time

PS Nice EVO
    Last edited by EVO; 02-28-2013 at 09:50 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

haha I've had this for a while already, Australia

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've had RR3 for a couple weeks by adding a New Zealand account...I couldn't wait! I like this new format as it gives me time to do things that are more important, but more significantly, it just seems more fun than RR2.

Also, just to let some people in on a little secret, these developers are in business, which means it's primarily about the money. Anything else is secondary, and some things are just a bonus. The nice thing is that you don't have to spend money to play this game. The business model used is one that was partially brought on by fellow jailbreakers who complained about paying for an app without the ability to first try it out. Here is another opportunity! This model does, however, give the devs a chance to make much more money if the racers get addicted enough to the game and upgrades. It's a great game that's beautiful, powerful and fun to play.