Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Signal 2 - Fetch Coverage Data and Locate Towers - iOS 6 Compatible

Default Signal 2 - Fetch Coverage Data and Locate Towers - iOS 6 Compatible

Signal 2 (recently updated) is a utility created by iPhone Dev Team member planetbeing. The application, just like the original Signal, displays information about the cell tower your iPhone is connected to as well as neighboring cells.

Planetbeing has designed the app to detect and map the location of all nearby cell towers so that users can easily get a good idea of their coverage or where to go to get the best cellphone reception.

Combine this with the free iPhone carrier unlock that planetbeing helped to create, and a user can simply swap SIMs allowing them to easily determine which carrier is best for based on the reception coverage. The Technical data is displayed on a map overlay, including RSCP (signal strength) in dBm and Ec/N0 (signal quality) to all neighbors, the PSC of the cells, as well as the frequency each cell is broadcasting in.

Signal 2 is now available on Cydia and is compatible with any jailbroken iOS device with cellular radios running iOS 5 and above. The app runs for $3.99 and goes to a good cause.

-512eaa2d986f2.png-512eaa2d97f22.png-512eaa2d98334.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screenshot.png   -signal.jpg  
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 02-28-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Unfortunately the cellsite towers info aren't complete. It's a useless app. I get it because I work on this field I thought I can benefit from it but I have more updated sites that this crap app ;( Sorry. But I just throw away my $3.99

where do we get the "free iPhone carrier unlock" ?

iPhone 4s , ios 6.1.2 , Greece , Cosmote carrier ,not functioning properly....

please update...

I myself have caught up against a cell tower technician with Verizon- and the equipment we used showed there were extreme differences in the devices calibration- not sure where the devices or app is getting it's info from to validate it as a useful app, especially to pay for it
    it's a development app only- hopefully you can find ways to accurately get the information lead to believe as useful to be beneficial
    I have some wood furniture I want to sell- but they are only 2x4s- hope you like- $200 ??!!!

LOL - iOS 6 Comaptible......<----- Spell check please!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kline1 For This Useful Post:

Nick Hesson (02-28-2013)

Thanks

Wow..looks like the consensus is that this app sucks. Let me know when it doesn't..thank you :]

Does this app improve reception or allow you to switch towers or just show you where to go to get better reception?

This app shows me connecting to a cell tower in Spain. I'm on the east coast. Of the United States.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ridingsupreme's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought signal 1 which is now "legacy" and I have to buy this poorly reviewed app again? F u clown. I support the cause but not wastefully so.

Quote Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
    Does this app improve reception or allow you to switch towers or just show you where to go to get better reception?
    Just where to walk to in order to get a better signal

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    Just where to walk to in order to get a better signal
    thanks

This thread is golden.

Quote Originally Posted by ridingsupreme View Post
    I bought signal 1 which is now "legacy" and I have to buy this poorly reviewed app again? F u clown. I support the cause but not wastefully so.
    why not contact him??

you dont need to curse someone that basically spent their time to create something so you dont have to be restricted to Apple's standards.......and for free I might add

show some respect bud!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

2k1 (02-28-2013)

updated
    I hope working..... now
    Last edited by sv2hnh; 02-28-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStorm View Post
    This app shows me connecting to a cell tower in Spain. I'm on the east coast. Of the United States.
    Lmao

Very disappointed that I'm being asked to pay for the upgrade after paying for the original. An upgrade fee of $1 would be justified if the app worked properly, but this is shameful.

If I lived in the middle of the Gobi Desert this app would be useful. Living in America as I do and in a major metro I have no issue with coverage therefore I don't need an application that does nothing for me.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,730 Times in 741 Posts

Ya shows me connected to towers that don't exist and the cell tower info is totally wrong. Wrong signal type, wrong location area code. Right now I see I wasted money! Hoping he updates it!

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    If I lived in the middle of the Gobi Desert this app would be useful. Living in America as I do and in a major metro I have no issue with coverage therefore I don't need an application that does nothing for me.
    Then... don't buy it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast