+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 6 Concepts Surface - Speculating The Future

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

Default iPhone 6 Concepts Surface - Speculating The Future

It's about that time again for concept photos and rumors of the next iDevice. A recent slew of concept ideas have been floating around the internet the last few hours, and although they seem like quite a stretch, we are all aware how badly apple wants to crush the android market, so it's all fair game.

Patents are often an interesting viewpoint into what Apple may have planned for its next-generation consumer electronics devices. While the patents may suggest features or concepts that might not be geared for a few releases down the road, the most recent patents may give us some insight into the features of the iPhone 5S or the iPhone 6.

It was only 5 months ago that the iPhone 5 was released to the public, and it's no surprise users are already craving that next release.

Peter Zigich, a 3D Graphic Designer, has published a few concept pictures featuring what he believes could be the iPhone 6, the iPhone Mini and some kind of Apple phablet. Yes Phablet. That's seems to be the lingo going around as well as "iPhablet". His design for the iPhone 6 shows the home button on the right side of the handset leaving room for a larger display and an extra icons row. The physical dimensions of the smartphone remain the same due to the smaller bezel.

One of Apple’s patents is entitled “Electronic device with automatic mode switching”, which could allow Apple to far surpass Samsung, as the patent suggests that the iPhone 5S or iPhone 6 would be able to change its mode automatically with embedded sensors, based on the external noises, lighting conditions, climate and time of the day it detects. It's a nobrainer that the update would include a higher-end camera, this one based on a technology called “Super HD”; ideally at 13 megapixels or higher.

What this about an iPhone Mini? Zigich designed it as a smaller model of the iPhone 6 that would be meant to compete against mid-range phones of other manufacturers. There have actually been some rumors saying that Apple will release a smaller smartphone and that it would sport a 4-inch screen and be made of plastic. The iPhone Mini designed by Zigich is a bit more stylish being made from the same premium materials as the flagship.

As we look over other various Apple patents, it appears they may also offer users with a more advanced security system through use of a fingerprint sensor; this concept made even more credible by Apple’s recent purchase of AuthenTec, a company that specializes in fingerprint scanning. Other possibilities include wireless charging, a laser projected virtual keyboard and an overall smarter device than previous iPhones.

However, it’s hard to believe that Apple will manufacture a "phablet", at least not soon. The company itself claimed that there is no need for a display larger than 3.5 inches. Funny enough, after the statement the company launched the iPhone 5 which has a 4-inch screen.

What do you think of these concept designs. Where do YOU see the future of the iPhone to be headed?

Peter's Blog: Blog

Size comparison
    iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Mini & iPhone 6 XL

iPhone 6 Mini, iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 XL

iPhone 6 Concepts Surface - Speculating The Future-0007.jpg iPhone 6 Concepts Surface - Speculating The Future-0005.jpgiPhone 6 Concepts Surface - Speculating The Future-0003.jpgiPhone 6 Concepts Surface - Speculating The Future-0006.jpgiPhone 6 Concepts Surface - Speculating The Future-0004.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone 6 Concepts Surface - Speculating The Future-0009.jpg   iPhone 6 Concepts Surface - Speculating The Future-0008.jpg   iPhone 6 Concepts Surface - Speculating The Future-0014.jpg   iPhone 6 Concepts Surface - Speculating The Future-0011.jpg   iPhone 6 Concepts Surface - Speculating The Future-0010.jpg   iPhone 6 Concepts Surface - Speculating The Future-0013.jpg  
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 02-28-2013 at 05:50 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MoDaLoT's Avatar
    Thanks

Be cool if they have the home button on the side.

Thanks

I'd say just get rid of the home button all together.... It would be a hella lot better to use gestures instead and it would certainly give some new innnovative life back to Apple who at this point really needs. and of course there's more room for screen real estate

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know if having 3 different sizes is a great idea. I'm sure most would prefer the XL. There is no way I'm getting the 5 when I'm eligible for an upgrade and there is also no way I'm waiting for the 6 to come out. They will probably do the 5S with not much different first anyway. LOL. I think I'll be abandoning iPhone this summer when I'm eligible for an upgrade. The Galaxy S4 is calling me (no pun intended).

I'm not sure how I feel about the home button on the side. I guess I could get used to it but as a right handed person, I'm trying to decide which side I'd prefer the button to be on. They are showing it on both sides in the concept. I think I've decided that I'd like it to be on the left side so that I could use my finger rather than my thumb.

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

Just make it a bit wider and put a quad core processor in it and I'm sold.

Thanks

So is this going to be the actual iPhone 6 release or are they still going with the consistency and naming it the 5s? Usually after the 4 or 5 they would release the 4s or 5s am I right?
    Bartle Doo

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I definitely want a bigger phone! I thought the 5 would be big enough but I like the androids larger screen size for sure! Apple needs to follow the trend or they'll be left behind! Ill be selling my 5 and renewing my contract for a ip6 the day it comes out if it has a bigger screen! The home button on the side is an awesome idea! More room for a larger screen! I hope they look like this although I doubt they will! I hope they get rid of the aluminum back also the glass back was much more comfortable and didn't scratch!

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

Anyone else think it looks stupid? I think apple would get rid of the home button and use gestures all together

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Dislike.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by regkilla View Post
    Just make it a bit wider and put a quad core processor in it and I'm sold.
    i woul welcome the i Phone 6 XL come on Apple .

Green Apple
    Thanks

Those are so ugly lol.

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

Love the idea of the home button on the side, keep it and use gestures that can be turned on/off. GIVE PEOPLE OPTIONS! I love the idea of three different sizes, my dad likes the mini and would buy that, I would buy the iPhone 6 and not the LX because I can't stand it being that fat(width).

Thanks

Bring back the front and back glass phone. Tell people to buy a case for it as some complained about shattering(stop dropping your phone Home button on the side is a great idea, bigger screen, gesture support options and it looks sexy. We JB our devices for options..can't wait to see this phone when it drops!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iAdamir's Avatar
    Thanks

Is this **** real ? I mean, did really a designer or anyone though this was a good idea ? How can you be a designer, and spend hours on your pc, do design this piece of crap ? I mean, how can it even come to the mind of persons that apple could do such a piece of sh** ? And about the home button ? The idea of pressing sides to go home is alright, but this way ? SERIOUSLY ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone andygev35's Avatar
    Thanks

While these are interesting concepts, they are just that... Concepts. Not to mention, they are from a source having no affiliation whatsoever with Apple. I can't bring myself to get excited over this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Bring back the front and back glass phone. Tell people to buy a case for it as some complained about shattering(stop dropping your phone Home button on the side is a great idea, bigger screen, gesture support options and it looks sexy. We JB our devices for options..can't wait to see this phone when it drops!
    I have to say that I disagree. Aesthetics aside, the iPhone 5 was an improvement over the 4, in that, one could actually afford to drop it. In my opinion, I think most people, if they get any smart phone nowadays, buy said phone for not only its capability but also how it looks. I wouldn't want to have to constantly have a case on my phone, thereby change the aesthetics, because the phone is easily breakable.

Thanks

Hands up, thumbs down 👎

Thanks

That iPhone 6XL looks sweet

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate these designs.. They don't look sleek

iPhone? More like MyPhone Raybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

Everyone you do realize they are concepts...