+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Fix a Contacts App Crashing Glitch on iOS 6.1.x

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
You may, or may not have known this, but there’s a glitch in iOS 6.1.x that can cause your Contacts application to crash unexpectedly. The bug happens when you’re in
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default How to Fix a Contacts App Crashing Glitch on iOS 6.1.x

You may, or may not have known this, but there’s a glitch in iOS 6.1.x that can cause your Contacts application to crash unexpectedly.

The bug happens when you’re in grid view in the Photos application, you tap on the edit button, then hold down on one of the photograph thumbnails from the grid and copy the photograph. After you do so, and you open the Contacts application, edit a contact, hold down on the contact’s photo field and try to paste the photograph you copied, the Contacts application will just crash on you.

A new free jailbreak tweak called Contact Fix for 6.1.x by iOS developer yeahwangy is available in Cydia as of Wednesday afternoon that fixes the problem and keeps the Contacts application from crashing when you change a contact’s picture in the way explained above.

There are also alternative ways to set contact pictures that won’t crash the Contacts application on iOS 6.1.x; however, it’s reassuring to see the jailbreak community coming up with homebrew fixes for Apple’s errors. The bug doesn't appear to be present on pre-iOS 6.1.x firmwares, so you'll need to be on an iOS 6.1.x firmware to install the tweak.

Name: Contact Fix for 6.1.x
    Price: FREE
    Version: 0.0.1-5
    Requirements: iOS 6.1.x
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: yeahwangy
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-27-2013 at 01:56 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Seems like a convoluted way to set the picture. Just open the contact, edit, tap the picture, then choose the existing picture. No copy-paste required.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shigoroku View Post
    Seems like a convoluted way to set the picture. Just open the contact, edit, tap the picture, then choose the existing picture. No copy-paste required.
    Agreed, but it's nice to know people fix apples problems quickly with jailbreak tweaks (respring cache fix, this tweak etc)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I told the doctor, "It hurts when I do this."

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shigoroku View Post
    sometimes you dont want to have to rediscover that photo, e.g. i have over 1000 photos

Thanks

I get a weird issue on my iPod mini in the contacts app (6.1.2 jb'd). If I tap the "Groups" button, I get multicolored flashy strobe effects. it's weird.

but this tweak did fix the other issue.

Banned
    Thanks

the latest version of iOS is riddled with bugs and glitches. yet another reason why updating to the latest firmware is not always a good thing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    the latest version of iOS is riddled with bugs and glitches. yet another reason why updating to the latest firmware is not always a good thing.
    "Riddled with bugs" < non intelligent comment again from an android troll... Gonna list all the bugs to back up your claim then?

Yet another pathetic attempt to troll on the worlds best mobile operating system. Run along to A droid troll...
    Last edited by CCNPJediHacker; 02-28-2013 at 03:24 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CCNPJediHacker For This Useful Post:

shadow2388 (02-28-2013)