+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 9 Year Old Brampton Boy Develops iPhone App To Help Learn Multiplication Tables

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Tanmay Bakshi, a 9 year old boy from Brampton who attends Great Lakes Public School has developed and published an app that helps students learn their multiplication tables. His acceptance
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

Default 9 Year Old Brampton Boy Develops iPhone App To Help Learn Multiplication Tables

Tanmay Bakshi, a 9 year old boy from Brampton who attends Great Lakes Public School has developed and published an app that helps students learn their multiplication tables. His acceptance into the iTunes App Store has got him quite a bit of attention at school, as his peers preach of his greatness!

Bakshi's app was release in iTunes on Valentines day, called tTables. Despite a few rejections at first, Tanmay was persistant to get the app cleaned up and accepted by Apple. The application, designed for children, presents multiplication questions and depending on your knowledge level, you will be either applauded or attacked by bees (not literally).

The Toronto Stay sat down with Bakshi and spoke with him directly, and as it sounds he is quite the loving character.

“Did you want to see the code?” he asks, and launches a program on his MacBook Air, showing a screen filled with numbers, letters and symbols he spent a month perfecting.
    Bakshi's family immigrated to Canada in 2004 making the move from India after Tanmay was born. Heavily influenced by his father, a computer programmer as well as a math and science tutor, Bakshi has quite a unique set of genes and talents.

It's always amazing to see the youth getting involved at such a young age. Their knowledge level almost scares me at times, as I think back to our extremely bland computer classes back in Elementary.

Learn more about Tanmay and his family over at TheStar.com

*Image Courtesy of KATIE DAUBS / TORONTO STAR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9 Year Old Brampton Boy Develops iPhone App To Help Learn Multiplication Tables-tanmay_bakshi_with_parents.jpg  

Green Apple
    Thanks

good Son! i'm 34 and cant do what you did

3. The Following User Says Thank You to godfred212 For This Useful Post:

mrmyco (02-27-2013)

Thanks

I'm 14 and the schools still have bad computer classes. The teachers are pretty bad and i live in one of the top richest confines in the u.s. Most kids know more about technology than the teachers.

Thanks

It's Toronto Star, not Stay.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

Thanks

His dad probably helped him with it.

Thanks

Brampton.. Aka india. Brampladish.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Hillefied's Avatar
    Thanks

Old news. There's 100s of preteen developers in the US. Nothing new.