+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Spotify for iOS Updated With New Interface Enhancements

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 754 Posts

Default Spotify for iOS Updated With New Interface Enhancements

The Spotify application for iOS has Wednesday morning received a nice little update that improves upon the user interface of the application.

The application now has a sidebar, which is becoming a popular navigation tool for mobile applications because of the efficiency of display space and easy-to-access design. Spotify used to have tabs at the bottom of the application, similarly to the Music application, for navigating around the application.

In addition, Spotify now displays a now-playing banner at the bottom of the application no matter where you are in the application so you can easily get back to the song you’re playing. Tapping on the banner reveals the song you’re playing in the Spotify music player, and tapping on the title bar of the Spotify music player shrinks the music interface back down into now-playing banner mode.

Also new is the ability to tap on a new ellipsis button to the right of any song to reveal options for the song, such as adding the song to your playlists, rating the song, adding the song to your queue, sharing the song, or going to the album or artist of the song to see more like the song.

In addition to the user interface improvements, Spotify for iOS has gained some bug fixes as well. An issue with the “Track only available online” pop-up appearing has been fixed, an issue with the lock screen not displaying the right track has been fixed, and an issue with shuffle play has been fixed.

The update is free from the App Store in the Updates tab if you're an existing user. Alternatively, you can download the Spotify application for free from this link.

Sources: App Store

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

spotify is right on spot i havent left this app for days since i subscribed to the premium the offline mode is very good i love it

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Does anyone know how to bring back steering wheel controls with Spotify? I used to be able to skip songs from my steering wheel back in iOS 4-5 Spotify, but the newer updates don't let me do that... I wanna be able to skip songs and control spotify via steering wheel control...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm always weary of updates. Has anyone updated this (Spotify update) and regretted it ???
    Is the new interface radically different ? any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you all.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 754 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silvan619 View Post
    I'm always weary of updates. Has anyone updated this (Spotify update) and regretted it ???
    Is the new interface radically different ? any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you all.
    It's fine. I use it on a daily basis and it won't impact your usage.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

silvan619 (03-08-2013)