Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'HUD Sliders' Adds A Configurable Slider to Your HUD

Default 'HUD Sliders' Adds A Configurable Slider to Your HUD

Sometimes using the volume buttons to handle your volume can be a pain when you have a big bulky case – a lot of these big bulky cases have covers over the buttons, and can make it difficult to press them. A new free jailbreak tweak aims to help make this easier.

The tweak, HUD Sliders by iOS developer Daniel Taub, will make it so that when you press one of your volume buttons once to bring up the HUD, you can just use a slider to adjust the volume the rest of the way, rather than having to repeatedly press the volume buttons, or hold down on them.

Alternatively, if you feel like your volume buttons are just fine, you can make the slider into a brightness slider instead so that you can have easy access to your display brightness via the volume buttons. You can configure whether you want the slider to handle your volume or your brightness right from the preferences pane for HUD Sliders:

The way to choose between brightness and volume is pretty straight forward – just tap on the button that has to do with you want to use the slider for. You can also enable and disable the tweak on demand. Changing the settings doesn’t require a respring to take effect, so you can pretty much configure the tweak on the fly without any inconveniences.

Name: HUD Sliders
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Daniel Taub
    Editor's Rating:  3/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-26-2013 at 06:10 PM.

Thanks

Pretty clunky, don't get it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the idea of being able to control the brightness with the volume buttons. I imagine there are other tweaks that would enable this (control brightness with volume buttons)...Anyone know of one or have one to recommend?
    El Zurdo

This tweak is pretty lame lol .

On another note , Anthony Bouchard does the best write ups here at modmyi. The articles have a nice flow and cover everything in depth regardless of the tweak/mod.

Just thought I'd mention that after seeing some recent writeups from other modmyi writers.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    Pretty clunky, don't get it.
    Huh? Define "clunky".

Seems to work rather well if you ask me.
    Very useful tweak to be honest.