+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Easily Toggle Airplane Mode Via Lock Screen With 'Shake Air'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
For those of you looking for a simple solution to easily toggling Airplane Mode when you have the urge to toggle it, check out a new free jailbreak tweak called
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Easily Toggle Airplane Mode Via Lock Screen With 'Shake Air'

For those of you looking for a simple solution to easily toggling Airplane Mode when you have the urge to toggle it, check out a new free jailbreak tweak called Shake Air by iOS developer Daniel Taub.

Shake Air will allow you to shake your iOS device while it’s on the lock screen to toggle Airplane Mode. If Airplane Mode is disabled, and you shake the device while on the lock screen, Airplane Mode will become enabled, while if Airplane Mode is enabled, and you shake the device while on the lock screen, Airplane Mode will become disabled.

If you want an easier way to toggle Airplane Mode right before sleeping at night, this is definitely an effective way of doing so. Alternatively, if you would rather cough up some dough and have convenient timed Airplane Mode sessions similarly to how Do Not Disturb works, you can check out AirplaneScheduler.

Shake Air can be enabled or disabled easily from the Settings application under the Shake Air preference pane. The tweak can be grabbed for free from the BigBoss repository of Cydia.

Name: Shake Air
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Daniel Taub
    Editor's Rating:  3/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-26-2013 at 08:43 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

another mobile substrate addon for a simple job....
    would people come up with better ideas?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pw5a29 View Post
    another mobile substrate addon for a simple job....
    would people come up with better ideas?
    you first.

iPhone? More like MyPhone holyshnikes's Avatar
    Thanks

Seems like a bad idea to me. I can see myself dropping my phone in my pocket and causing a "shake" and then I miss all my calls and or notifications without realizing it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
    Seems like a bad idea to me. I can see myself dropping my phone in my pocket and causing a "shake" and then I miss all my calls and or notifications without realizing it.
    You read my mind

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
    Or worse, you hit some nasty turbulence, your cellular radio turns back on, it interferes with the on-board navigation system, the auto-pilot panics because it thinks it's lost input from the pitot tubes, the pilot over-reacts and pulls back on the stick, and the plane stalls and goes into an unrecoverable dive. Granted, this is worst case scenario, but this tweak is a terrible idea. I've emailed the dev about this one. He really needs to reconsider. Turning airplane mode on with a shake might be ok (although holyshnikes makes a valid point above). The fact that this tweak can also cause a shake to disable airplane mode is a huge blunder. Please don't anybody install this.

Thanks

One word "Activator"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ya bad app are u really that ******* lazy to type ur password go to settings and tog it off manually plus how many people fly that much to acutally use this feature better luck next time dev.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i liked the idea but it caused a bug with my keyboard, like when i use an app that brings up the kb, only a few keys will show, on the bottom, like shift, 123, space, return, backspace...
    all the other keys are still there but don't show - for instance i i touch where "r" is supposed to be all the keys show up again and "r" is printed on the screen
    i uninstalled it and everything came back to normal
    might be some interaction with another tweak, who knows?
    i told the dev about it

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I love it , it only works on the lock screen, so that's fine .