+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 6.1.2 Lockscreen Exploit Found - Not the Good One Either

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
So MMi, you don't even let certain words get mentioned on your forum, words relating to piracy apps, yet your happy to publish tutorials on how to hack into someones
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So MMi, you don't even let certain words get mentioned on your forum, words relating to piracy apps, yet your happy to publish tutorials on how to hack into someones phones?

Very messed up values.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

Crazy how they figure all that out
    Last edited by 2k1; 02-26-2013 at 04:32 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

Ain't nobody got time for that!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone chad daddy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Stupid. Calling 911 and hanging up gets a cop at your door to make sure you are ok. Speaking as a former dispatcher I can locate the exact house you are in.
    Speaking as someone who used phones before, the call never went thru, your dispatcher line wouldnt have even responded.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy81 View Post
    Ain't nobody got time for that!!
    Hahahaaaaa. Btw I'm still staying on 6.1, couldn't give a toss!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WithinTemptationFan View Post
    If you lose your iPhone in a public area,you can kiss that phone goodbye because I highly doubt the person who finds it and takes it will return it to you. It's messed, but that's how it is now.
    I agree that is how it is now... That is how it has been... But at the same time things aren't always like that... I have seen and been involved in phones being found and returned many, many times... There are still honest, helpful, caring and friendly people out there... If you lose your iPhone or anything here in Hawaii, I along with many others will do whatever it takes to return it to you... I won't even expect or accept a reward...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radioBirdman View Post
    My phone is either in my pocket, in my/my kid's hand or on my desk (work & home) pretty much all the time. I don't even run a passcode.
    And I'd like to think if I lost my phone it might be returned by someone accessing my contacts and calling an obvious number like "me (work)" or "Mum" or something. If it's locked, whoever finds it can't do that.
    If that person is willing to give it back you can send him a message over iCloud Find My Phone, just text a contact number and if you are lucky he/she will call...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pakitos View Post
    If that person is willing to give it back you can send him a message over iCloud Find My Phone, just text a contact number and if you are lucky he/she will call...
    I have a clear soft rubber case and just leave my business card on the back.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WithinTemptationFan View Post
    If you lose your iPhone in a public area,you can kiss that phone goodbye because I highly doubt the person who finds it and takes it will return it to you. It's messed, but that's how it is now.
    I disagree. I am an aircraft mechanic, and you would be surprised how many people leave their phones on the aircraft after deplaning. The first thing I do is try to gain access to the contacts so I can return the phone to them, whether is is a flip phone or an iPhone. I know how important my phone is to me, and the person who lost theirs more than likely feels the same way about their phone. So you can't say "that's how it is now" because it is not. Sorry to say, but if that's the way you think, then you are probably one of the people who would keep the device they found.

iPhone? More like MyPhone WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ramprat View Post
    I disagree. I am an aircraft mechanic, and you would be surprised how many people leave their phones on the aircraft after deplaning. The first thing I do is try to gain access to the contacts so I can return the phone to them, whether is is a flip phone or an iPhone. I know how important my phone is to me, and the person who lost theirs more than likely feels the same way about their phone. So you can't say "that's how it is now" because it is not. Sorry to say, but if that's the way you think, then you are probably one of the people who would keep the device they found.
    Firstly, I'm not one of those people, so don't go around assuming things and secondly, from what I've noticed, that IS how it is now. Sure,there are people that would return it but that's not always the case. Just because YOU would return it doesn't mean everyone else is exactly like you. I've had my iPhone stolen before, and I never had it returned back to me.

Thanks

Ain't nobody got time for this......

Green Apple
    Thanks

I would think that the jailbreak community will come out with its own patch to the fix this. They have in the past.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mirilopr's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, I had an iphone 4 that I left in a store less than a month of having buying it. I noticed within a couple of minutes and it was already gone. I called immediately and it was already off. You would understand how Im a little bit sceptic of someone returning my phone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default You can also get access to the photos FROM the device itself
    Haha, nice! I tried it for my self and it worked perfect.

For curiosity i tried to gain access to the whole device (from the device not the computer) but this failed (for now ). But i figured out how to get access to ALL the fotos on the device FROM the device. Just do the following:

• Do the trick to get access to the phone app
    • Go to the contacts tab
    • open a contact of your choice (no matter at all which)
    • tab "edit" and tab the picture wall
    • now choose "choose picture"
    • and voilà, here you go

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Stupid. Calling 911 and hanging up gets a cop at your door to make sure you are ok. Speaking as a former dispatcher I can locate the exact house you are in.
    Dude, you right about this, BUT if you hang up IMMEDIATELY the phone was not able to set up a connection, so technically you did not make a call.
    Last edited by myDevice; 03-02-2013 at 05:01 PM.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12