+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 6.1.3 Patches evasi0n Jailbreak Exploit

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The word on the street is out. Earlier today Forbes released a report that the iOS 6.1.3 Beta released late last week, does indeed close the loophole for the evasi0n
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

Default iOS 6.1.3 Patches evasi0n Jailbreak Exploit

The word on the street is out. Earlier today Forbes released a report that the iOS 6.1.3 Beta released late last week, does indeed close the loophole for the evasi0n jailbreak exploit. While it isn't surprising, it doesn't mean you are too late. If you haven't got your device jailbroken yet, be sure to update to 6.1.2 and run the latest evasi0n tool.

One of the developers behind evasi0n, David Wang, stated that he has analyzed the 6.1.3 beta 2 update and found that the release does indeed patch at least one of the five bugs the jailbreak exploits, in which this particular case was a flaw in the operating system’s time zone settings. While this release does indicate the end of evasi0n's current compatibility, Wang lets us know that he is still working on tests with this latest release. It's always good to know someone is fighting the fight for us on a constant basis.

“If one of the vulnerabilities doesn’t work, evasi0n doesn’t work,” he says. “We could replace that part with a different vulnerability, but [Apple] will probably fix most if not all of the bugs we’ve used when 6.1.3 comes out.”

Wang predicts it may take up to a month before he can find an exploit that could be considered to release to the public, so that should put a smile on some of your faces. Apple’s slow response to the evasi0n jailbreak tool is assumed to be in part by the fairly low security risk that the tool poses versus previous jailbreak tools.

Moral of the story; If you want to keep your jailbreak, do not update to iOS 6.1.3 until Wang can release a new update.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iOS 6.1.3 Patches evasi0n Jailbreak Exploit-patch.jpg  
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 02-25-2013 at 07:57 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

Mrteacup (02-25-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

What is Apple fixing in 6.1.3? I'd most definitely be staying on 6.1.2 unless some major features were being added or some major bugs were being fixed in 6.1.3.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

After waiting all this time for an iPhone 5 jailbreak, the only thing I'd give up my JB for is maybe an iPhone 6!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Breezy215 For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (02-26-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    What is Apple fixing in 6.1.3? I'd most definitely be staying on 6.1.2 unless some major features were being added or some major bugs were being fixed in 6.1.3.
    Supposed to be maps fixes in Japan or something like that I think

iPhone? More like MyPhone rvance's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple needs to **** off...seriously!!! Why do they care so much what I like to do with my phone. If they added more features and what not to iOS, some wouldn't have to jb. I mean come on, get a life and make something not worth jb which is probably impossible.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rvance For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (02-25-2013), Ballistic21 (02-25-2013), iH85CH001 (02-26-2013), MickieGama (02-25-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Worm filled apple
    Quote Originally Posted by rvance View Post
    Apple needs to **** off...seriously!!! Why do they care so much what I like to do with my phone. If they added more features and what not to iOS, some wouldn't have to jb. I mean come on, get a life and make something not worth jb which is probably impossible.
    Well said RVANCE. I mean, seriously, the iphone without the ability to jailbreak is basically a freaking Startak. The reason the Iphone 5 is so weak is because it didn't have the ability to be jailbroken. It sucks that Apple keeps fighting against jailbreaks when most of us have long realized that they "borrow" most up their ideas from the jailbreak community. It seems Apple has not yet realized that so many other phones have already caught up with what the iphone is capable of, some are even better. They need to go ahead and work on that sorry *** maps app. that they created.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

When is 6.1.3 due to release? And if you have your SHSH blobs saved for the i4 can we downgrade within iOS 6 or has that changed? I'm getting my iPhone 5 next week (ordering it Friday March 1) so I hope it doesn't release before then because with my luck ill get one with 6.1.3 on it.

Thanks

Seriously. Constantly doing firmware updates is real turn off IPhone that's for sure.
    Spend more time updating iPhone firmware than you do just using iPhone almost.
    WTF

Thanks

Aren't jailbreaks based on bugs in iOS? And isn't it logical for apple to fix bugs in iOS, even if it doesn't add new features?
    It's unfortunate for the jailbreak, but nothing to fault apple with...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

Due for an upgrade in May. iPhone will be put to rest. I'm going over to the Android family. Apple has no idea nor do they care what their consumers actually want.

Thanks

Actually never mind, I see the S IV is being unveiled 3-14 and the only reason I haven't moved over to the the S3 or Note 2 is the screen resolution, I bet the S4 will change that. Bye bye iPhone. All these updates and jumping through F***ing hoops to do what you want with a device that nearly costs $1000 is BS! The S4 is going smack Apple like the hoe they are. WOW! I can't believe how bitter I've gotten towards Apple. I used to be gung ho Apple supporter. You can only bite into a rotten apple so many times.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Apple cares about security. Having a bad rep for security is worse than having a bad rep for features. Yes jail breaking makes you iOS more vulnerable. The average user probably shouldn't jailbreak their phone. I like to jailbreak. But I have grandparents who have iPhones, who are average users, that I would never let jailbreak their devices. Plus, in the enterprise world. Security is HUGE!!!!!! Enterprise is all about security.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Apple cares about security. Having a bad rep for security is worse than having a bad rep for features. Yes jail breaking makes you iOS more vulnerable. The average user probably shouldn't jailbreak their phone. I like to jailbreak. But I have grandparents who have iPhones, who are average users, that I would never let jailbreak their devices. Plus, in the enterprise world. Security is HUGE!!!!!! Enterprise is all about security.
    Ok we'll that really doesn't make sense. Your grandparents do not have to jb their phones. They can leave it secure but we should have that option if we want to do it. The jb community doesn't force their exploits on anybody like apple forces their bs down every I device owners throat.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Raybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rvance View Post
    Anytime you do something that a product was not indented to do, it angers the creators of the product. Like using a hex editor for hacking.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,253 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    When is 6.1.3 due to release? And if you have your SHSH blobs saved for the i4 can we downgrade within iOS 6 or has that changed? I'm getting my iPhone 5 next week (ordering it Friday March 1) so I hope it doesn't release before then because with my luck ill get one with 6.1.3 on it.
    I read somewhere that Wang said maybe within the month. I would doubt the current i5 shop stock will be updated to 6.1.3. The firmware is loaded from factory so the shop models should still have 6.1.2 or earlier on them and evasi0n will work on those ones is my understanding.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    Due for an upgrade in May. iPhone will be put to rest. I'm going over to the Android family. Apple has no idea nor do they care what their consumers actually want.
    Apple knows exactly what they're doing:

You see, if we gave up on jailbreaks, they would just release all the cool stuff on the app store...we would get bored with Apple iDevices and eventually move on to the next greatest thing. Apple is VERY SMART and really understands the consumer; they understand that as long as they make us believe that they don't want us doing this, we'll keep waiting for the jailbreaks like a dog waiting for the scraps off the food table.

Kinda like your wife allowing you to do all the things you want to do...what the heck fun would that be?

IMMHO
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

Thanks

its funny how when there is a jaibreak for the iPhone Apple somehow comes up with a Firmware update to Fix the quote on quote "Flaws" I wonder if Apple realizes that most people in the Jail breaking community already can see this and hence don't update their firmware because they know its just a tool to break their jail break to keep their iPhones stock so that you'll have to buy the next Gen iPhone. Same goes for android users who root their phones. If I buy it's mine & should have the right to what every I want to do It.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Top 5k site in the US, well respected iPhone blog, default Cydia repo for newly jailbroken iDevices...and editors here don't know the difference between "your" and "you're".

Nice.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prozac4312 For This Useful Post:

djaquapimp (02-26-2013), Nick Hesson (02-25-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Or you can by a BlackBerry 10 and do whatever you want with it.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prozac4312 View Post
    Top 5k site in the US, well respected iPhone blog, default Cydia repo for newly jailbroken iDevices...and editors here don't know the difference between "your" and "you're".

Nice.
    relax bud, OK...

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

Colwood (02-25-2013), Nick Hesson (02-25-2013), wakeenaushad (02-27-2013)

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast