Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 6.1.3 Patches evasi0n Jailbreak Exploit

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCoTTon View Post
    So I have a iPad 3 plus a 4s on 5.1.1

According to cydia it saved the blobs to 6.1.2

So that means even if they release 6.1.3 I will still be able to update to 6.1.2 even if the window is closed right?

Thanks
    My sis 3GS still on 5.1.1 is there any way i can update 6.1 preserving the baseband? Please help..

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by d_animality View Post
    My sis 3GS still on 5.1.1 is there any way i can update 6.1 preserving the baseband? Please help..
    Only if ya have the shsh blobs for it. If not then 6.1.2 will be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ugshotgun View Post
    oh look, its the grammar police! Shush dude, grown ups are talking!
    lmao!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nealh View Post
    Exactly!!
    I think you're missing the point. No one is saying that a jailbroken phone is necessarily less secure than a non-jailbroken one is. But a phone running an OS that has a vulnerability is in fact less secure. That's whether a jailbreak is installed or not.

No matter how much we enjoy making modifications to our phones, it is in Apple's, and actually the far majority of iPhone users', interest for these holes to be patched up as they are potential openings for attacks on the phone.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Only if ya have the shsh blobs for it. If not then 6.1.2 will be the way to go.
    Well i have the blobs for 6.1 but what application should i use to create custom ipsw and preserve basebands?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raybeast View Post
    Anytime you do something that a product was not indented to do, it angers the creators of the product. Like using a hex editor for hacking.
    Apple allows FaceTime on cellular. AT&T does not allow on unlimited data plan. 3G Unrestrictor FTW.

Apple allows tethering, cellular providers want extra money. PDANet FTW.

Apple made iPhone 5, but some developers not updating their apps. Full Force FTW.

Shall I keep going?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ugshotgun View Post
    Oh look, its the grammar police! Shush dude, grown ups are talking!
    There's a good bit of irony.

You don't think most (educated) adults know the difference between homophones in context?

Apologies if intellect makes any of you 'adults' uncomfortable.

PS: The word you're looking for is "it's", which is a contraction of the words "it" and "is", whereas "its" is possessive.
    Last edited by prozac4312; 02-25-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Petty PETTY Apple. Jailbreaking is LEGAL and they fight so hard against it.
    Stupid fighting against something that is legal. How about they add features the public jailbreak for then there will be no need to jailbreak.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prozac4312 View Post

You don't think most (educated) adults know the difference between homophones in context?

Dude, this is a modding forum not an English grammar teaching class. Have you ever heard of the phrase, "A gesture is more than enough to the wise"?

We all knew what the OP was trying to say. But you had to point out mistakes like you are a teacher or something.

Just chill buddy. The world is not going to end if someone misspells a freakin word on some forum.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to vinaygoel2000 For This Useful Post:

Nick Hesson (02-26-2013)

Lol I'm all for jail breaking but what do you expect Apple to do? The same vulnerability can be used by a hacker for bad intentions.

Homophone transpositions are 9 times out of 10, on a smartphone, a function of the spelling "auto correct" subroutine making errors - not the person's misunderstanding of grammar.

But on more important issues - does anyone know if redsn0w is working on a 6.1.2 to 6.1.2 restore option yet?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-25-2013 at 10:15 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

most loyal apple fans are the ones that jailbreak and if apple fucks them over and they move to android they lost customers and the most loyal ones to who just get fed up with it

the only reason they stop jailbreaking is cause of piracy the devs complain and ***** and say they will go somewhere else.... apple makes most of its money from the app store im sure not so much from device sells

same reason sony has all this anti piracy crap going on now yet everyone blames sony or apple but its not them its the devs that say either you do this or we go somewhere else

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Homophone transpositions are 9 times out of 10, on a smartphone, a function of the spelling "auto correct" subroutine making errors - not the person's misunderstanding of grammar.

But on more important issues - does anyone know if redsn0w is working on a 6.1.2 to 6.1.2 restore option yet?
    Do you figure the editor that wrote this article typed it up on his phone?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to prozac4312 For This Useful Post:

Nick Hesson (02-26-2013)

Thanks for the heads up MMI. I got the IP5 on Sunday but the home button was a little wonky. After reading this yesterday I ran Verizon and replaced it. All good now, 6.1.2 and jb'd on perfect phone.

Thanks

Back at war with apple :/
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Thanks
    Thanked 15,329 Times in 7,032 Posts

Top 5k site in the US, well respected iPhone blog, default Cydia repo for newly jailbroken iDevices...and editors here don't know the difference between "your" and "you're".

Nice.
    Thank you for pointing out the mistake. I believe it has been fixed by Nick. In the future please use the report button to point out similar mistakes to avoid the off topic comments.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Nick Hesson (02-26-2013)

Do you figure the editor that wrote this article typed it up on his phone?
    Your statement was 'general' not specific. That's what I was referring to. Like you the grammar stuff kills me - but you'll get yourself into a lot if trouble standing up for things like that. :-/
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

This post made me upgrade my ip4 from 6.1 to 6.1.2. I was hoping to get rid of this battery drain i noticed since 6.1. I went thru the hassle of readding all sources, downloading all tweaks, and backing up my 30gb of data. Mind you. It seems to drain battery even faster now. I hate you Apple :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Nope. There is no method right now that would allow that. There may be in the future though. Right now if Apple were to release 6.1.3 your 6.1.2 SHSH would be of no help to you on a iPad 3.
    Thanks,

So that goes the same about restoring to same version you are on as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio6 View Post
    This post made me upgrade my ip4 from 6.1 to 6.1.2. I was hoping to get rid of this battery drain i noticed since 6.1. I went thru the hassle of readding all sources, downloading all tweaks, and backing up my 30gb of data. Mind you. It seems to drain battery even faster now. I hate you Apple :-)
    I'm not so sure the battery drain is Apple's fault this time. Usually it has been. But I spent a lot of time at 6.1 stock before jailbreaking and the battery was pretty great. A 'little better' than 4S with the same preference settings (for brightness, Location service, level of Push I use, etc). But after jailbreaking on 6.1 with Evasi0n 1.0 - battery went down noticeably. Now I like animation tweaks, granted - but I'm still comparing battery life on 4S 5.1.1 and iP5 on 6.1 and 6.1.2 with same tweaks. So I'm suspect this time.

Did you recalibrate your battery after the iOS upgrade? Your battery will never read correctly after an upgrade until you do one full power charge from under 5% battery 2 hours beyond reaching 100% charge. You must do a recalibrate of battery before you get an accurate picture of battery life.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast