+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung: Galaxy S IV Coming March 14th

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Android phones are fun but I'm waiting too see what Ubuntu is going to do to the game of smartphones.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone bigbaba's Avatar
    Thanks

Android phones are fun but I'm waiting too see what Ubuntu is going to do to the game of smartphones.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigbaba View Post
    Parallels and VMWare don't do too well with rooting. Bootcamp works for me because it does turn your Mac into a Windows machine.
    Ya true. Not that into it anymore.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

I think this will be my next phone. I've been messing around with my sister's S3 and I really like it. I'm kinda bored with iPhone and I'm eligible for an upgrade in July so I think I'll be ditching my 4S for the S4. The iPhone 5 doesn't do much for me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Did all that when I had a S2. Some of the ROMs were pretty nice but all of them had some bug or something else that I couldn't live with. Ended up putting it back at stock and havent tried since. Stock Android is good enough to keep me entertained.
    I don't really understand what the point of rooting would be if you could get the latest OS. It seems all you can do with rooting is theming and squeezing out a little extra performance.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,803 Times in 6,884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    I don't really understand what the point of rooting would be if you could get the latest OS. It seems all you can do with rooting is theming and squeezing out a little extra performance.
    I never really saw the need for it. Only thing I used it for was over or under clocking the processor and tricking the store into thinking I was in the US to get access to all the apps. You can do a whole lot with stock Android that it just isn't needed IMO. With launchers you can even do theming without root. VPN's fix the play store issue, although since the latest update I haven't even had to use that. They opened up the full google play store to me on my Nexus 4 and 7 since that update.

2k1
    Thanks

I never really saw the need for it. Only thing I used it for was over or under clocking the processor. You can do a whole lot with stock Android that it just isn't needed IMO. With launchers you can even do theming without root.
    Agree to many things can go wrong I here and can brick ya phone.

Thanks

You can do a whole lot with stock Android that it just isn't needed IMO. With launchers you can even do theming without root.
    I forgot that you can do that without root. I don't really theme much.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkoNova View Post
    ...except battery life.

The DNA has a nice screen, but that's about it. The battery life is terrible.
    I get 16+ hours on my DNA...do you have one? or are you just talking out your ***?

2k1
    Thanks

Wow 16 hours that's pretty good

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Gotta git me a computer with windows and I can probably figure it out. All I have is Macs. Thing is tryed to root it with that site ya said and no luck. But like Simon said its cool with it stock.
    If i remember correctly (at least for the Verizon version) the tool to unlock the bootloader and the one to root it was available in the Play Store.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    And changing the core phone software (in some cases) to allow native tethering without having to run a special software or pay for the hotspot feature (the RAZR took a small database edit to bypass Verizons lock).
    Also, some people want pure android with no manufacturers skin overlayed on it.
    Last edited by Tperry; 02-25-2013 at 03:38 PM.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

2k1
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    If i remember correctly (at least for the Verizon version) the tool to unlock the bootloader and the one to root it was available in the Play Store.

And changing the core phone software (in some cases) to allow native tethering without having to run a special software or pay for the hotspot feature (the RAZR took a small database edit to bypass Verizons lock).
    Also, some people want pure android wigh no manufacturers skin overlayed on it.
    I got AT&T

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Gotta git me a computer with windows and I can probably figure it out. All I have is Macs. Thing is tryed to root it with that site ya said and no luck. But like Simon said its cool with it stock.
    You can run windows on a Mac;'it's called Fusion by FMware. I run Windows 8 & Lion on my Mac. It's pretty easy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    And changing the core phone software (in some cases) to allow native tethering without having to run a special software or pay for the hotspot feature.
    Oh yeah, I use it for that too. I'm not actually sure if T-Mobile allows it stock.

2k1
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    You can run windows on a Mac;'it's called Fusion by FMware. I run Windows 8 & Lion on my Mac. It's pretty easy.
    Gonna have to check into that thank you

Thanks

I hope this thing is a beast and really lights a fire under Apple's anus.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HighTymes View Post
    Curious to see what innovation they bring or will they be like apple and just update existing hardware.
    Samsung updates their phones with both hardware and software. simply compare the Galaxy S2 to the Galaxy S3., the S3 is a world ahead of the S2 in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohand View Post
    The HTC One raised the hardware Bar! So if Samsung doesn't want to stumble they must step up their game including show us their "metal". Apple and HTC devices are in a new "hyper class" of chassis now and PLASTIC COVERED DEVICES NEED NOT APPLY! Sayin...
    Plastic is fine., its more durable than glass and doesn't dent, scratch and chip like metal its also lighter in weight. the HTC One looks nice but Im sure the S4 will crush it.
    Last edited by jOnGarrett; 02-25-2013 at 05:58 PM.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,363 Times in 5,993 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    Samsung updates their phones with both hardware and software. simply compare the Galaxy S2 to the Galaxy S3., the S3 is a world ahead of the S2 in every way.

Plastic is fine., its more durable than glass and doesn't dent, scratch and chip like metal its also lighter in weight. the HTC One looks nice but Im sure the S4 will crush it.
    What is this Samsung software that you speak of?
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    I hope they blow it out of the water so apple actually realizes they need to innovate.
    Apple is too arrogant to realize they need to innovate. Remember back in the day when the lost soooo much market-share because of the "they're MY marbles" attitude. They WILL fall again.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by specialtylaser View Post
    Apple is too arrogant to realize they need to innovate. Remember back in the day when the lost soooo much market-share because of the "they're MY marbles" attitude. They WILL fall again.
    I don't think that, I actually have high hopes and alot of optimism for apple. They aren't stupid, you can't be stupid and become the most profitable company in the world... Just doesn't happen. They know they are lacking and losing revenue because of it, I expect big things this 2013 year

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbaba View Post
    You do realize Ubuntu is based on Cyanogen Mod 10.1 code, right? It's still Android underneath.

Did all that when I had a S2. Some of the ROMs were pretty nice but all of them had some bug or something else that I couldn't live with. Ended up putting it back at stock and havent tried since. Stock Android is good enough to keep me entertained.
    Get into the AOSP based ROM's. That is the stock android. Some like Paranoid Android have tablet mode, and custom DPI's for all your apps. CM10 is flawless for the Nexus 4.
    Last edited by Slimz; 02-25-2013 at 11:27 PM.